Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mltoryblue

Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: The University fix for Healthcare Reply with quote

After speaking with top people from people from the health and education feilds in Ontario, I have become very perplexed to see how our healthcare system seams to be falling further and further behind.

I have come to this conclusion!

Our healthcare system in this country needs to start learning from the universities how to run a public service.

Over the years our Universities and colleges have realized that they can not be a one stop shop for all programs. Universities have realized that in order to provide the best services for the public they have had to specialize in certain areas. Some have specialized in enginering, law, medical feilds and so on.

That has meant that the public has had to travel to other cities to get the best bang for their buck.

I believe that this is the number one problem with healthcare in Canada today. Smaller hospitals are trying to perform every service under the sun just so someone doesn't have to travel an extra 30-40km.

Ask the average Canadian if they would rather have a procedure done in their hometown and wait 6 months, or travel an hour and have it done in 6 weeks. I think the answer is obvious.

We need bigger and more specialized hospitals in this country not smaller ones that offer a buffet of choices.

I am a conservative who realizes that bringing private healthcare just wont fly right now, and I think this could be an alternative to the status quo.

What are your thoughts?
Ruth

Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The University fix for Healthcare Reply with quote

mltoryblue wrote:
Our healthcare system in this country needs to start learning from the universities how to run a public service...
What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are that you must never have been to university... especially not the one I went to. ;-)

-Ruth
PS: This particular section of the forum is for religion. You probably meant to put this topic somewhere else.

Jump to: