Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hamiltonguyo

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reform Party of Ontario Reply with quote

With the PC Party of Ontario doing its best to loose elections and piss off the base, what do the members here think about joining the Reform Party of Ontario.

visit www.newcanada.ca to read their view,

and visit my blog rightfromhamilton.btblogs.ca for my announcement that I may consider joining them.

Anyways I was wondering what people thought about the idea.
mltoryblue

Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think so!

I think there should be a Conservative party of Ontario. That is further to the right of the current PC's. A party with a starker contrast to McGuinty and his big spending Libs.

The Reform brand is tarnished in Ontario, it would turn more people off than attracting new ones. Reform would never fly in the G.T.A.
TorontoCon

votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's actually true but it's all in a name...

The Conservatives would do well to poach from the Reform policies.
lonepretzel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reform? Reply with quote

Tory is probably the best premier never elected. The school issue will hang around his neck like garlic. The PC party is messed up with aged EDA's full of old people who use typewriters. they use yard sales to raise funds. Reform we need , but not another split party. Go west , real West - BC you will be elected , they have neither PC or reform.
chris p

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Reform? Reply with quote

lonepretzel wrote:
Tory is probably the best premier never elected. The school issue will hang around his neck like garlic. The PC party is messed up with aged EDA's full of old people who use typewriters. they use yard sales to raise funds. Reform we need , but not another split party. Go west , real West - BC you will be elected , they have neither PC or reform.

I beg your pardon, we exist. use google my friend.

p.s. don't say our party is inactive either, i'm a regional director and i will be offended :evil:
TealTories

votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Reform Party of Ontario Reply with quote

hamiltonguyo wrote:
With the PC Party of Ontario doing its best to loose elections and piss off the base, what do the members here think about joining the Reform Party of Ontario.

visit www.newcanada.ca to read their view,

and visit my blog rightfromhamilton.btblogs.ca for my announcement that I may consider joining them.

Anyways I was wondering what people thought about the idea.

You know I dont get this make another party nonsense. Go to the next convention here what the leaders are talking about and vote on a leader with your opinions.

We are having the same problem here in Alberta and starting another party is crazy why split the vote. Kick the bum that is leading the party out first.
Dont divide the right in Ontario you will never win.
Heck I dont even do it in Alberta, and we have 3-4 right wing parties and I still support the PC's. Why because we can always change the leader if we dont like them.
We are never going to get the SoCreds elected unless Preston runs or something else just short of a miracle.
How quickly we forget!
hamiltonguyo

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I should stick with a part that doesn't support my beliefs, and probably never will?
None of the leadership candidates represented my beliefs last leadership convention, and unless Bill Murdoch, or Randy Hillier run for leadership never will.

The Reform Party if successful could be the party able to bridge the urban rural divide.
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next couple of years in the Ontario PCs are going to be interesting; I suspect that a grassroots conservative take-over is about the start.

Most likely, Tory will be pushed out at the February convention and he'll be replaced with a more right-wing leader.

Recently, the Ontario Landowners Association had a province-wide meeting where they endorsed the plan for members to join PC riding associations and become delegates to the February PC convention (where delegates will participate in a leadership vote).

Its gonna be fun.

Jump to: