Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: High efficiency water heaters. Reply with quote

For anyone who is interested in the AO Smith Vertex Water heater. This model, unlike conventional water heaters, is efficient enough that condensation from combustion gases comes out, just like the high efficiency furnaces. I emailed the AO Smith Canada people, and here is the response I got.

Quote:
Hi Kevin,

The good news is that you soon will be able to purchase this heater in Canada. It will be early in 2008 though. In terms of price, you will need to check with a contractor in the new year. We sell to wholesalers only and the contractor purchases it from the wholesaler.

I actually have a unit in my new house and it is a great product. Let me know if I can help further.

Geoff Holloway
Director, CDN Sales

----- Original Message -----
Subject: AP SMITH Vertex water heater

Is the Vertex GPHE50 water heater available in Canada? My interest is as a homeowner. Any
information about availability (in Saskatchewan or elsewhere in Canada), price, installers would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Also, unlike commercial units like the Polaris, the Vertex is a residential unit, so hopefully will not be too expensive.

http://www.hgtvpro.com/hpro/np.....11,00.html
http://www.johnwoodwaterheater.....laris.html

Note the design of the heat exchangers, and other stuff that sucks so much heat out of the combustion gases, and puts it into your shower.

The Sask Energuide for Houses offers a $600 rebate for water heaters like these.

I just bought a John Wood FVIR Superflue model, so unless I win the lottery, I won't be getting one.

PS. They will be available from Crane supply or Wolseley, according to the Saskatchewan AO Smith guy.

Jump to: