Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TorontoCon

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Poaching Reply with quote

I was doing a little reading on different party websites and found this interesting idea on the Family Coalition Party's website:

The Family Coalition Party would grant the highest income spouse an additional specified income tax exemption for each of the taxpayer's dependent children, provided that these children do not have any earned income of their own.

What do you think of this tax measure? Not quite income splitting but a good idea nonetheless.
Stephen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Family Coalition Party...

now you won't mind if your son lives in the basement til he's 35!

:wink:
TorontoCon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. They are a tad extreme huh?

Can you say 40 year old virgin?
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you went from this...

Quote:
What do you think of this tax measure? Not quite income splitting but a good idea nonetheless.

to this...

TorontoCon wrote:
LOL. They are a tad extreme huh?

Pretty quickly didn't you.

Which policies of theirs are extreme?
TorontoCon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant that on their website there are some hard right ideas with regards to sexuality. I agree with SOME of it but some of it comes off like we should all home school our kids and overshelter them from.... well basically everything... I believe in talking to my kids about sex instead of having them learn about it in the schoolyard but the way the website is worded, it comes of a bit more extreme than it has to IMHO.

The tax measure I posted, I thought was a very good idea.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - as long as we clear that up. Every party has at least one policy that may be questionable. I once ran for the FCP and their platform is very reasonable.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I agree with SOME of it but some of it comes off like we should all home school our kids and overshelter them from.... well basically everything...

I was talking some friends and family about sending my kids to a Christian school and friends were saying "what will happen to your kids when they get out of this school. Sheltering them from the real world is a bad idea."

So what they were saying is that after thirteen years of Christian school my kids will run amock at University because they have never been exposed to drugs and sex.

I always thought that because kids have been taught to not do these things and have not been exposed to them, then they have a better chance to not do them than kids that have been exposed to these things for years.

Parent that disagree with overprotecting their kids usually disagree because they feel like it brings their own parenting skills into question. If other parents use the same parenting skills that they do it confirms they have used the right approach with their kids.

I can understand why they would feel that way and it usually means they are good parents. They care enough to be bothered by the presumed assumption they are not protecting their kids enough.

Jump to: