Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TorontoCon

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Make your voice heard: Get conservative voices out there! Reply with quote

In another genius move, the Conservative party has made it easier for conservative-minded voters to get their voices heard. With WAVE after WAVE of conservative letters to newspaper editors, they will simply have to publish more conservative voices.

Here's what you do:
1. Go to www.conservative.ca

2. Sign up for "mycampaign".

3. Use this AMAZING service to write letters after letters to the editors of the newspapers posted. There are also guides to help you along the way. Topics to write about, factual information for Conservative accomplishments (that you are thankful for) as well as Liberal,NDP,Bloc failures (that you can complain about).

THANK-YOU STEPHEN HARPER.

4. Copy all letters you decide to send and PASTE IT HERE IN THIS THREAD as well so that we can all enjoy your contributions.

THANKS!
Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow the CPC site got a facelift!

No wonder I had trouble getting to it the other day!

What a cool addition, just signed up!

Signing some pledge forms rate now.

I wouldn't have the nerve to write to my local local paper, but I might send some letters to the Winnipeg Free Press or Brandon Sun.
TorontoCon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote the following letter to the Toronto Star editor:

---------------------------
To all concerned Torontonians,

I used to think that using guns for the purposes of hurting people was a bad thing. No exceptions. The Liberal stance on gun crimes makes me think that maybe I'm missing something. Why have the Liberals gutted new legislation that would have established mandatory minimum penalties for gun crimes? Why are they stalling these important bills? If Stephen Harper's throne speech does indeed "engineer" a defeat, I for one would be very happy to see a majority Conservative government be the result in the next election. Maybe then these important crime bills will actually pass. I'm tired with the weak Liberal and soft NDP stance on crime. Let's get things done. We need stronger crime legislation, especially for future Torontonians and other urbanites to feel safer in our streets. I'm worried for my children's future. At this rate, I cannot imagine how bad it will be in Toronto 10 years from now.

Thank-you

-----------------

You have to keep it short....

You can also use this service to call in to radio shows etc... Very valuable for getting the Conservative voice out there. We need to balance the media coverage out. It starts with us. Get active.
TorontoCon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote this letter to the editors of the Toronto Star:

It seems to me that the media is spinning a story that anything but "Kyoto" should be considered anti-environment. I beg to differ. While major efforts should be made to reduce carbon emissions, I completely disagree with the purchase of carbon credits from other countries, as proposed by Kyoto. Sending money to other countries does not make sense at all. That money should stay in Canada and SHOULD be used for funding environmental research, tax relief for large polluters making costly efforts to reduce emissions, rebates for citizens purchasing green products and the list goes on and on. Kyoto's greatest flaw is exactly that and I applaud the Conservative government for taking initiatives against climate change without handing money over to other nations that could be invested in environmental initiatives right here in Canada.

Jump to: