Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canadianredensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: No MMP Bloggers Reply with quote

If you are against MMP or Mixed-Member Proportional Representation being adopted in Ontario and have a blog about the upcoming referendum, please considering joining this blog roll:

http://nommpontario.blogspot.com/

This is an a non-partisan effort with many Liberals and Tories involved. This electoral reform will drastically change our FPTP system towards that of a PR system of representation. The Ontario referendum vote on October 10 is fast approaching, so please e-mail me back or message me if interested.

Sincerely,

Graham Sproule
Coordinator of the No MMP for Ottawa & the NCR Campaign

nommpottawa@hotmail.com
www.nommp.ca
Gardenia

Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've allready voted no, and am appalled at the number of people who didn't even know there was a referendum, never mind knowing what to vote for. Because of this we could be sleepwalking towards a major change in our system - hopefully it won't pass.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing how some people think this is a good idea until you explain the extra costs due to more MP's and the fact that 30 of them are appointed not democratically elected.

Then they go oh! I didn't know that, i guess I'll vote against.
Matt

Reputation: 40.4Reputation: 40.4Reputation: 40.4Reputation: 40.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here at work I just had a half hour discussion with one guy who was adamant that no MPPs were appointed. He kept telling me I didn't know what I was talking about and said the "party lists" was actually the second ballot where you choose the party as opposed to the candidate.

And this from people who claim to understand the proposal
Dauphin

Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted yes on the referendum. Hopefully, us whacko SoCons will finally get some representation in the legislative assembly. I like how Rick Mercer compared the FCP to the Taliban. He'll get his comeuppance when we start having some tangible influence.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if you do the analysis, it is the right wing voter who has cast the most wasted ballots in this country. I think a lot of people will see MPP working in unexpected ways. Assuming that Ontario voted it in that is.
Stephen

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dauphin wrote:
I voted yes on the referendum. Hopefully, us whacko SoCons will finally get some representation in the legislative assembly. I like how Rick Mercer compared the FCP to the Taliban. He'll get his comeuppance when we start having some tangible influence.

How so? :shock:
Dauphin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:
Dauphin wrote:

There's a highly unlikely scenario in which the PCs will, in a future election, win a large minority with the Family Coalition Party holding the balance of power. The PCs may be able to depend on the FCP's support on confidence votes as long as the government adopts certain socially conservative policies.

At the very least, with MMP, real social conservatives will be able to stand up in the legislative assembly and speak the truth about abortion and homosexual "marriage".
Stephen

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dauphin wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Dauphin wrote:

There's a highly unlikely scenario in which the PCs will, in a future election, win a large minority with the Family Coalition Party holding the balance of power. The PCs may be able to depend on the FCP's support on confidence votes as long as the government adopts certain socially conservative policies.

At the very least, with MMP, real social conservatives will be able to stand up in parliament and speak the truth about abortion and homosexual "marriage".

I was more interested in your assertion that an FCP coalition government will give Mercer his "comeuppance"... I was wondering how...

Quote:
comeuppance, n.
"A punishment or retribution that one deserves; one's just deserts"
Dauphin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:
Dauphin wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Dauphin wrote:

At the very least, with MMP, real social conservatives will be able to stand up in parliament and speak the truth about abortion and homosexual "marriage".

I was more interested in your assertion that an FCP coalition government will give Mercer his "comeuppance"... I was wondering how...

Quote:
comeuppance, n.

Mercer is a homosexual, and supports homosexual marriage. The FCP plans to restore references to marriage as between one man and one woman.
Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a way things like the Christian heritage party, and other small right wing parties, would get representation.

You could vote for a PCPO candidate and the FCP on the party vote.

Get some real conservatives in the Provincial Parliament...
strong conservative

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dauphin wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Dauphin wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Dauphin wrote:

Quote:
comeuppance, n.

Mercer is a homosexual, and supports homosexual marriage. The FCP plans to restore references to marriage as between one man and one woman.

I think Dauphin has provided the evidence to vote against MMP by their assertions.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

Jump to: