Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Hell eternal?
Hell lasts forever
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
No, Hell and all his co-habitants will be non-existent one day.
70%
 70%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 10

don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruth wrote:
There was only one video clip posted in this thread....
yeah the one about Armegeddon

That video is a good video - it's from the Jewish perspective - what's wrong with it? :?
Ruth

Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should also be moved to the "Religion" room

--Ruth
Stephen

votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and this forum should not be a gathering place for people wearing sandwich boards warning of Armageddon!

This is a place to discuss politics.
Christian Conservative

votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, westmanguy's summary of Biblical End Times events is fairly accurate... for a clear understanding of how it all works out in the end, one must understand a broad scope of passages, not just one or two like the Book of Revelation alone.

For example, there's the later chapters of the Book of Ezekiel... speaking specifically of the place of the nation of Israel at the End of Days. (for the record, that's why I'm a support of Israel... the Bible says they're getting ALL the disputed land in the end)

Of course, there are the scary passages to deal with too... Babylon (Iraq/Iran) and Syria getting nuked, for example. Also, the mass punishment that will be poured out on mankind for his continued refusal to repent of his sin... sad stuff. (we're talking 2-5 billion people, depending on your interpretation) Not that we should shy away from these passages though... a clear understanding of them helps us to realize what our actions ought to be in the here and now.
Christian Conservative

votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for bringing my sandwich board Stephen... ;-)

Actually, I don't own a sandwich board, but I do own a sketchboard and one of those "Ye must be born again" signs that you often see in farmer's fields... though mine's just a election lawn sign sized one.

I guess you might be annoyed then if I posted a picture of me preaching the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ on the streets of Ireland with my sign tucked under my arm then? ;-) (actually, if I recall correctly, that sign says "PREPARE TO MEET THY GOD") :D

http://bp0.blogger.com/_5w0SRJ.....repr01.jpg
Stephen

votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not at all!

But, I worry when the mix of the recent topics balances from discussions about religion vs. discussions about politics.

To each their own of course, but I just want to keep this board focused on its original mission. That's just the moderator in me talking!
Ruth

Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian Conservative wrote:
For the record, westmanguy's summary of Biblical End Times events is fairly accurate...

No.
It really isn't.
The "Left Behind" version of Revelation is pretty flawed. I already pointed out the why.

--Ruth
Dolphin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The end times belief is very off putting to me, if you believe the world is destined to end and there is no stopping it, and that it's a good thing because it is the fulfillment of your faith, then why bother trying to make the world a better place?
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to be aware of prophetic warnings about political events yet - we cannot become focused on some big "scenario" - as there are some issues with how the whole end times theology is presented. It is important to know that there are times when we have to take these prophesies - without the theology that has been built around them. God gave us these sign posts as it were - not to help us prepare for an end to the world - but rather that we would be better prepared to understand the political upheavals of the 'latter times' [not end times].

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: