Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazymamma wrote:

Do you honestly think that the Catholic school Board and their Parents are just going to hand over all their hard work and buildings if you do away with the funding for the Catholic school board?

In a lot of cases the land that these school have been built on has been donated by the church or the funds have been raised by the Parish. Its O.K. with you that some one just Marches in and absconds with it? Thats is not stealing in your books?

Many schools and additions have been built by the community and the local Parish. How are you going to compensate the church and parishioners? I can tell you that there are many who would rather take a bulldozer to them then hand them over to Dalton and his gang.

I would also like to point out that there is no requirement for a student to be Catholic to go to the Separate School Board. They are open to everybody regardless to religious affiliation. Priority placement is given to Catholics but it is open to all children of any faith.

I wouldn't worry about it,
As much noise as is being made about the Separate Board and the "demand" to have it amalgamated it will not happen.

As I said, Dalton himself and his family have use or are currently involved in the system, and he fully considers the Separate board to be part of "Public Education" so I find it Ironic that many somehow see him as the Champion of Secular Education.

There is far too much mixing between public funds and private funds in terms of the maintenance and property of many schools in the Separate system to eliminate it at this point would be an expensive and lengthy process, and would face some resistance in the process.
TorontoCon

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, I agree with everyone that has stated that eliminating the Catholic schoolboard could never really happen without a MAJOR uproar and costly battle between Catholics across the province and those trying to take away our rights.

McGuinty would never do it that's for sure, being a Catholic himself and I'm not so sure Tory would either.

For the sake of my fiance, who is a highschool teacher with the Toronto Catholic District Schoolboard in simply an AMAZING school with ZERO "problem kids" and a great work environment, I really hope that particular school especially survives. I may even move within that school's borders so my own kids can go there someday.

Inner city public schools are crap in Toronto and I think that it is partially because VALUES are not instilled in kids in that system. They are just spoonfed information...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: