Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guelphfirst

Reputation: 44.2Reputation: 44.2Reputation: 44.2Reputation: 44.2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Letter from Elizabeth May to teh Guelph Mercury Reply with quote

http://www.guelphmercury.com/N.....0938501906

Editorials

Mike Nagy is needed in House of Commons

ELIZABETH MAY

(Apr 19, 2007)

Dear Editor - Re: 'May would have had a reasonable chance of winning here' (Guelph Mercury, April 16).

While I appreciate the notion of my personal popularity in Guelph, it would be wrong to discount the hometown hero. I would never dream of parachuting into Guelph to seize the advantage gained through the blood, sweat and tears of our candidate, Mike Nagy. Mike is a member of my shadow cabinet, responsible for the not inconsiderable environment portfolio, is one of my most valued advisers and party "stars."

As for my chances against Peter MacKay, the local picture is more complex than that painted in William Christian's column. The growth of NDP support in Central Nova has been due to two factors: a strong candidate, who is not re-offering, and a number of non-NDP voters, both Liberal and Conservative, that migrated there as the best way to unseat MacKay. For those who want to see the Harper government sent a strong message from the most punished region in Canada, voting Green is now widely seen as the best option.

I do appreciate the overall positive tone of the column. It is wonderful to have debate about where best to win seats. The Green Party is no longer a "protest vote." It is a vote to elect MPs. I need Mike Nagy with me in the House of Commons.

Elizabeth May

Leader, Green Party of Canada
Guelphfirst

Reputation: 44.2Reputation: 44.2Reputation: 44.2Reputation: 44.2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It amazes me how delusional some people are of their chances of winning a seat anywhere. I think their understanding of politics and how it all works is seriously flawed
cerl7011

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really really really begining to dislike May...I kinda rooted for her as the underdog in the beginning, even in the London by-election...but this turn all of a sudden has dropped her to about Jack Layton staus on my list of political people I like/don't like...

erl
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She also wrote a letter to the National Post yesterday saying that she was misquoted as being against abortion. She said she support abortion rights but respects those who do not.

She is truly a left winger. I thought there was some semblance of rightwing sensibility to her but I was wrong. She might as well be a LIb. Or a dip.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How amusing to hear May deny a vote for Green is a protest vote, given that Green has yet to win a single MP or MLA election in Canada. A handful of candidates with Green affiliation have been elected to municipal councils or school or parks boards but that's about it.

-Mac
Nicklan

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree with May, their are a lot of people in central nova who want to un seat Mr, MacKay. Perhaps a first for a Tory in Centrel Nova !
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL, just keep on being wrong with those Big Green Breakthrough predictions. They are funny as heck.

Jump to: