Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Your religious persuasion (or there lack of)
1) Christianity (all forms, Catholicism, Christian Protestants, Christian Orthodox)
50%
 50%  [ 35 ]
2) Atheism
20%
 20%  [ 14 ]
3) Agnostic (Don't Know)
14%
 14%  [ 10 ]
4) Theist with no organized religion
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
5) Other
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 69

Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Whats your Religion (or lack of one)? Reply with quote

1) Christianity (all forms, Catholicism, Christian Protestants, Christian Orthodox)
2) Atheism
3) Agnostic (Don't Know)
4) Theist with no organized religion
5) Other

Vote and just tell everyone a little blurb of your belief.

I am a Christian (of course :wink: ). My foundation of my belief is God sent Jesus Christ, his only begotten son, to earth to live a sinless human life. To die on the cross for all of our sins.

Heaven is so great, that it cannot have sin. I consider Jesus God's gift of a bridge, to have our sins forgiven.

We are given our entire lifetime to decide to cross that bridge, and if it comes to the end of your life and you haven't crossed the bridge (accepted Jesus Christ as your savior), you will fall to Hell...

Hell is an important concept of my belief...its difficult discussing that aspect because you don't have the greatest conversation starting out "all non Christians go to Hell). I believe as in life we need a Hell. If we don't follow the rules of soceity we face punishment. If we don't accept Christ, Lucifer - on his own will who left heaven to create the kingdom of Hell - will suck you into the depths of Hell.

Anyways your turn!
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anglican
Riley W

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I forgot about the denominational issue.

Used to go to a Calvary Baptist Church.

Consider myself Evangelical in the sense in the "born again" issue.

Protestant, because I have major issues against the Catholic Church...
Dolphin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atheist, I was christian until about 5 years ago. I don't think it's impossible that a god exists, but there is no proof and unless I see any I will not believe in one. I also think there is enough evidence to discount the major religions.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go to a Christian Church called the Vineyard. Fastest growing church in North America( About a thousand churches). Pastor wears a leather jacket while preaching. We have about 5 bands that do worship. Some of them rock pretty hard. We believe that God does miracles today and I have seen many of them. On the point of hell the church is pretty orthodox in it's beliefs, but I personally believe all people go to heaven, each in his own turn. People may go to hell but for an age not an eternity. The meaning of the word eternity in the bible is translated incorrectly.

For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27For he "has put everything under his feet."[c] Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never understood how someone could call themselves an atheist. Nobody knows why we are here so at the very least you should call yourself an agnostic. You don't have proof as to why we are here so how can you absolutely discount one possible option?
Riley W

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing devil's advocate here, but I think their line of tongue is:

Their could be a tooth fairy, but we know that to not exist.
biggie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
I've never understood how someone could call themselves an atheist. Nobody knows why we are here so at the very least you should call yourself an agnostic. You don't have proof as to why we are here so how can you absolutely discount one possible option?

wait!!!

isn't that a cop out? :wink:

I'm a Raelian follower.
lol

Nah, I'm just waiting for halleys comet to come back :lol:
CanadianSweetie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theist with no actual religion. I belive in God and such but I really haven't found a religion that fits me. Right now I'm leaning towards Christianity but I still have a lot to learn. Also throw in the fact I was raised by two Atheisits so getting some guidance on Church and the Bible is no easy feat.
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agnostic.
parents are secular and there has never been any reason why I should believe.

go to church for weddings and funreals.

and the tooth fairy is fake, when i was like 8 i lost a tooth and didnt tell anyone but put it under my pillow. ;)
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggie wrote:
Craig wrote:

wait!!!

I certainly wouldn't feign outrage for your suggestion that it is ;)

BTW: There is a difference between "I don't know" and "I don't think there is a reason". The latter was your contention - which is a copout - the former is simply acknowledging the limit of ones knowledge.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BTW: There is a difference between "I don't know" and "I don't think there is a reason". The latter was your contention - which is a copout - the former is simply acknowledging the limit of ones knowledge.

In the words of Rodney King "can't we all just get along".
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

An atheist can be simply someone who doesn't believe in God. Again, as pointed out on another thread, one can be an agnostic atheist or an agnostic theist.
I see no evidence God exists, and the same evidence exists for my invisible man under my bed, so why consider either.
biggie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
Craig wrote:

An atheist can be simply someone who doesn't believe in God. Again, as pointed out on another thread, one can be an agnostic atheist or an agnostic theist.
I see no evidence God exists, and the same evidence exists for my invisible man under my bed, so why consider either.

And you are an atheist-theist? :)
biggie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
biggie wrote:
Craig wrote:

wait!!!

I certainly wouldn't feign outrage for your suggestion that it is ;)

I would put it to you that "I don't know" is more of a cop-out than "I don't think there is a reason" - the latter being an affirmative, the former being an avoidance of the question.
8)

further - my contention was that I didn't believe that there had to be a reason... ie. that indeed there may be a reason, but that there doesn't have to be one. Personally, I doubt that there is any reason for our existence... I'm not sure why people assume there is a reason we are here - to me, we just are and we might as well make the best of it.

not to hash up old arguments..

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  

Jump to: