Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 6 of 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Apparently, the OPP are actually making arrests in Caledonia!?!

http://www.smalldeadanimals.co.....07071.html

Do you mean to tell me that I can no longer steal cars and drive them into electrical substations without consequence???
theatheistjew

votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing. Try to watch the documentary before you malign it. It is based on a book that is based on years and years of research.
cosmostein

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
cosmostein wrote:
theatheistjew wrote:
Watch the video. It explains Jericho and everything else.

I don't have kids. Why can't couples without children ban together and not have to pay any taxes that go towards education?

Wouldn't that be fair?

Oh, and you might get a kick out of my other blog: Judeophobe Watch where I make fun of Jew haters:

http://judeophobewatch.blogspot.com/

Again, documentaries.
If I took docs at face value I would driving a hybrid living in a house powered by solar panels and assuming that it was the United States that blew up the twin towers.

Why can't the Christian population of this country ban together to refuse to pay for a secular education?

Democracy comes with the good and the bad my friend.

If we were a true democracy in Ontario, we wouldn't have Catholic school funding. You seem to be OK to spin it saying that 45% Catholics have rights to send their kids to publicly funded Catholic schools yet you are bleeding blue in your response to me and my hypothetical scenario.

Oh and since we are a quasi democracy, Tory has no chance because of his imbecilic stance on education.

One thing. A good percentage of Christians in Canada appreciate the merits of a secular education. They wouldn't ban together to vote against it.

Tory's plan is extremely short sighted and full of flaws even before the obvious regression of separation of church and state is concerned.

I guess all that is left is to debate the merit of our opinions the day after election day.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
kwlafayette wrote:
Apparently, the OPP are actually making arrests in Caledonia!?!

http://www.smalldeadanimals.co.....07071.html

Do you mean to tell me that I can no longer steal cars and drive them into electrical substations without consequence???

They must be racist bastards to want to try to stop the traditional tire fire at the traditional blockade, and the traditional beatings of cameramen and developers...

I had heard claims that some developers were offered chances to buy back tools and materials that had been stolen from their sites. What ever came of that?
cosmostein

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:

I had heard claims that some developers were offered chances to buy back tools and materials that had been stolen from their sites. What ever came of that?

I have no idea,

On a totally unrelated note, do you want to buy some tools?
Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(to put things on a lighter note...) BEAJ - technically you are a Protestant :P All non Catholics including Christian Protestants, Muslims, and Atheists are Protestant.

Protestant - Protest.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Again, I am totally against teaching anything biblical in school. Did you realize that there is no evidence that the Exodus ever took place? I always assumed it, but around 3 or 4 years ago I started investigating what is known about it using secular history and evidence.

Investigate the writings of David Rohl and the new chronology for proof of the exodus and the sojurn in Egypt. The book would be called "ATest of Time". he is not Jewish or Christian by the way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rohl

The "A Test of Time" website.
http://www.knowledge.co.uk/xxx/cat/rohl/

Using this new chronology there is overwhelming evidence for the existence of the Jewish people, for the existence of Kings Saul and David and for the fact that Joseph was 2nd in power in all of Egypt. They even know where his empty tomb is.
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Quote:
Again, I am totally against teaching anything biblical in school. Did you realize that there is no evidence that the Exodus ever took place? I always assumed it, but around 3 or 4 years ago I started investigating what is known about it using secular history and evidence.

Investigate the writings of David Rohl and the new chronology for proof of the exodus and the sojurn in Egypt. The book would be called "ATest of Time". he is not Jewish or Christian by the way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rohl

The "A Test of Time" website.
http://www.knowledge.co.uk/xxx/cat/rohl/

Using this new chronology there is overwhelming evidence for the existence of the Jewish people, for the existence of Kings Saul and David and for the fact that Joseph was 2nd in power in all of Egypt. They even know where his empty tomb is.

I checked it out. And just as I expected there are problems with Rohl's theory:

http://www.bibleorigins.net/Ro.....ucted.html

Actually, his theory was falsified.
mrsocko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You check one website and can announce with finality that his theory was falsified! The old guard archaeologists don't accept his chronology, but they have a vested interest in not doing so. Many younger archaeologists do. It's a debate, not something that you can falsify using on link to one website. Not even old the old guard announces that they have convincingly falsified his chronology!

What's the matter with you. Did you even read the article. The guy tries to disprove Rohl by using the bible while Rohl uses extra-biblical bench marks to date the ancient world the same way the Old chronolgy does.

Quote:
One of Rohl's methods includes the use of archaeo-astronomy, which he uses to fix the date of a solar eclipse which happened during the reign of Amenhotep IV and was observed in the city of Ugarit. He used a computer to calculate the exact time; the only possible time where such eclipse could be visible in Ugarit during the whole second millennium BC was 9th May 1012 BCE. According to conventional chronology, Ugarit was already destroyed in the 12th century BC and Amenothep IV (Akhenaton) reigned in 1353-1334 BC.
from wikipedia.

He doesn't use the bible as proof of the dates. He uses archaeology. After he set the new chronology he went and searched the history of middle eastern civilization to see if it fit better than the old chronology. It did, and not only biblical history but Egyptian and Mesopotamian history also.

Rohl's chronolgy is shaking the foundation of middle eastern archaeology. For you to discount and discard it half a hour after I post about it is extemely arrogant. I just threw you some hope that the ancient history of your race is true and you throw it back in my face without a thought.

Do you not want the history of the Jewish nation to be true. Is your atheism that important to you?
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
I'm not using the oh poor Jewish me card.

Really?

theatheistjew wrote:
And I think Catholics took emphasis out of the Jews being Christ killers around 1964. But I do know that my father told me that in the 30's in Canada, Jews couldn't go to many universities, clubs, etc. There were signs on beaches in Toronto that said No Jews or dogs allowed.

So what was the purpose of this? And your basketball story (which sounds more like intolerance than anti-semitism)?? I'm not trying to kick you in the shins but sweeping, polarizing comments about how much "we" care about the truth mixed with stories of anti-semitism sounds like the card was being played to me. I could be wrong... :wink:

-Mac
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
theatheistjew wrote:
I'm not using the oh poor Jewish me card.

Really?

theatheistjew wrote:
And I think Catholics took emphasis out of the Jews being Christ killers around 1964. But I do know that my father told me that in the 30's in Canada, Jews couldn't go to many universities, clubs, etc. There were signs on beaches in Toronto that said No Jews or dogs allowed.

So what was the purpose of this? And your basketball story (which sounds more like intolerance than anti-semitism)?? I'm not trying to kick you in the shins but sweeping, polarizing comments about how much "we" care about the truth mixed with stories of anti-semitism sounds like the card was being played to me. I could be wrong... :wink:

-Mac

Yes, that was more intolerance probably. And no, I'm not using the oh poor Jewish card. Show me how I am.
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Quote:

You check one website and can announce with finality that his theory was falsified! The old guard archaeologists don't accept his chronology, but they have a vested interest in not doing so. Many younger archaeologists do. It's a debate, not something that you can falsify using on link to one website. Not even old the old guard announces that they have convincingly falsified his chronology!
I checked more than one link. Here is another one: http://www.bga.nl/en/discussion/enfilpow.html

What's the matter with you. Did you even read the article. The guy tries to disprove Rohl by using the bible while Rohl uses extra-biblical bench marks to date the ancient world the same way the Old chronolgy does.
He used archaeological discoveries as well. And they don't fit with Rohl's theory.

Quote:
One of Rohl's methods includes the use of archaeo-astronomy, which he uses to fix the date of a solar eclipse which happened during the reign of Amenhotep IV and was observed in the city of Ugarit. He used a computer to calculate the exact time; the only possible time where such eclipse could be visible in Ugarit during the whole second millennium BC was 9th May 1012 BCE. According to conventional chronology, Ugarit was already destroyed in the 12th century BC and Amenothep IV (Akhenaton) reigned in 1353-1334 BC.
from wikipedia.

He doesn't use the bible as proof of the dates. He uses archaeology. After he set the new chronology he went and searched the history of middle eastern civilization to see if it fit better than the old chronology. It did, and not only biblical history but Egyptian and Mesopotamian history also.

Rohl's chronolgy is shaking the foundation of middle eastern archaeology. For you to discount and discard it half a hour after I post about it is extemely arrogant. I just threw you some hope that the ancient history of your race is true and you throw it back in my face without a thought.
According to the secular research I've seen to date, there is no evidence that Jews were even monotheistic until somewhere between 800-410 BC, and the evidence points to the latter date. Had the Exodus happened or even anything close, there would be at least some evidence of monotheism that should have been very common after all those Jews who supposedly saw what God did to the Egyptians.

Do you not want the history of the Jewish nation to be true. Is your atheism that important to you?

My atheism is totally independent of whether there was a large Exodus or not. I was an atheist long before I discovered there was no evidence the Exodus happened. I was interested in the topic because a vile Jew hater asked me for evidence. I came up empty, and I did lots of research.

You should watch the video I linked. Then we can talk on an equal playing field.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
Yes, that was more intolerance probably. And no, I'm not using the oh poor Jewish card. Show me how I am.

Sure... right after you explain why you were making sweeping polarizing comments about how much "we" care about truth AND why you're trotting out stories about anti-semitism. I'm fairly sure my demonstration will include your explanation. ;)

-Mac
mrsocko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You should watch the video I linked. Then we can talk on an equal playing field.

I have a 26.4k connection so that's out of the question. Egyptian and Sumerian/Akkadian history has always been a passion of mine so i am very familiar with the workings of the deny the Exodus crew. You should reasearch the anti-semitism related to that. Within 50 years Rohl's chronology or one some other chronology will be accepted as better than the Old chronolgy. The old Chronology throws out the written histories of more than just the Jewish peoples. It's a travesty that it has gone on this long.
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
theatheistjew wrote:

Sure... right after you explain why you were making sweeping polarizing comments about how much "we" care about truth AND why you're trotting out stories about anti-semitism. I'm fairly sure my demonstration will include your explanation. ;)

-Mac

I already said that I didn't see any major anti-semitism against me in my life to date first hand, except for that basketball tourney which was probably good old religious intolerance instead.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 6 of 7

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

Jump to: