Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 5 of 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:

Sweden and Denmark and Japan have the highest percentages of atheists/agnostics in the world today. You don't see them murdering and butchering people.

Ummmmmm, perhaps I missed the mass murder this morning in Canada that is an overwhelming majority of Christians?

Do we as a nation normally butcher each other?
cosmostein

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
westmanguy wrote:
cosmostein wrote:
theatheistjew wrote:

Religious people don't realize how much hate they actually teach. Again, it is wilfull ignorance on their part.

Can I have a tally of anyone who attended a Catholic or Christian school or anyone who has attended any sort of religious service here who has also spent time in the clink for lynching someone of another faith?

Anyone?

I bet 95% of the population has attended at least 1 church service.

Church brings in more people each Sunday then people to football games and the viewers.

Church is the biggest gathering across the world each week.

I'll bet it is more like 100%. I have gone to church weddings, does that count? And again, I'm sure 100% of the population has attended at least one birthday party or new years eve party too. So what?

I think Westmanguy and myself are trying to raise the issue that in Canada we are an overwhelming majority of Christians (pick your sect) and we are not a nation of Religious fanatics.

When was the last time a mob of Christians attacked those because of faith, and when was the last time before that?
theatheistjew

votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps your understanding of the Catholic system is perhaps dated?

Perhaps the Catholic system has weeded out their evil teachings over the years.

I'm still waiting to see what the Christians here think of gays and why they feel that way (using Jesus' supposed words or there own interpretations).

Again, I am totally against teaching anything biblical in school. Did you realize that there is no evidence that the Exodus ever took place? I always assumed it, but around 3 or 4 years ago I started investigating what is known about it using secular history and evidence.

If you are interested in this check out this series of video from the documentary The Bible Unearthed:

http://video.google.com/videos.....amp;tab=wv

It is extremely enlightening.
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
theatheistjew wrote:

Sweden and Denmark and Japan have the highest percentages of atheists/agnostics in the world today. You don't see them murdering and butchering people.

Ummmmmm, perhaps I missed the mass murder this morning in Canada that is an overwhelming majority of Christians?

Do we as a nation normally butcher each other?

That isn't the point, I'm countering the Pol Pot Stalin bs. Christians grew up since Hitlers regime and of course have progressed since the Crusades.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The term protestant comes out the struggles that guys like Luther and such had against the church of their day. I think the beginning though was when king Henry VIII split the English church off from the Pope, and made himself the head of the church. That was the first Protestant church.
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
The term protestant comes out the struggles that guys like Luther and such had against the church of their day. I think the beginning though was when king Henry VIII split the English church off from the Pope, and made himself the head of the church. That was the first Protestant church.

Henry wanted to get a divorce and the Pope didn't want to give him one, so he invented a new sub cult.
I am all for teaching this history in school because it is factual history.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Orangemen come out of the time William of Orange saved England from Catholicism. The Orangemen are the ones who cause riots in Ireland every year by trying to march through Catholic neighborhoods.

Try not to respond to BEAJ too much if you can help it Cosmo. Most of what he posts are just trolls and/or flame bait.
cosmostein

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
Perhaps your understanding of the Catholic system is perhaps dated?

Perhaps the Catholic system has weeded out their evil teachings over the years.

I'm still waiting to see what the Christians here think of gays and why they feel that way (using Jesus' supposed words or there own interpretations).

Again, I am totally against teaching anything biblical in school. Did you realize that there is no evidence that the Exodus ever took place? I always assumed it, but around 3 or 4 years ago I started investigating what is known about it using secular history and evidence.

If you are interested in this check out this series of video from the documentary The Bible Unearthed:

http://video.google.com/videos.....amp;tab=wv

It is extremely enlightening.

If you can find me an "Evil" teaching in today's Catholic system I will be right there with you, but thus far I am rather impressed with the "make your judgments" approach they seem to be adopting.

As for the documentary, I would rather not get into a theological debate about who did what thousands of years ago because while I am sure you can provide me with tons of evidence to support your stance, I am sure I could find a Catholic who could flood me with information to the contrary

Regardless of what you and I believe we are generally 2 people is a sea of 33 million people. Were the Jews led out of Egypt by Moses and then by Joshua who then sacked Jericho from the Cainites?

Perhaps, Jericho or the site of Jericho seems to show evidence it was sacked fairly often? You don't know, I don't know?

Gotta ask Joshua.

But what I can tell you is that 75% of Canadians associate themselves with a Christian faith of some sort.

You disagree with their logic and their faith, while I am indifferent.

Politics is not about (in my VERY humble opinion) dictating who is right in a moral or theological arena.

However I do feel that we do live in a democratic society, and if the 45% of Ontarians who are of the Catholic faith are paying enough in taxes to cover their own education then by all means. Why should you are I or anyone take that option away from them?

Generally speaking are you not attempting to force your beliefs onto those of faith in the same manner you are accusing those of faith of doing?

While of course you and I can argue about faiths and religions for hours on end while I may disagree with many items found in most holy books I will fight to my last breath that people will have the freedom to express those faiths,

And if someone from Ontario opts to send their child to a faith based school, and they want to direct their tax dollars to that school then by all means.

If someone feels that faith is something that should be experience outside a classroom then that parent should have the right to send their child to a secular school.

I am voting for choice for everyone, rather then for my personal beliefs.

Last edited by cosmostein on Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
cosmostein

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:

Excellent!

Thanks!
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch the video. It explains Jericho and everything else.

I don't have kids. Why can't couples without children ban together and not have to pay any taxes that go towards education?

Wouldn't that be fair?

Oh, and you might get a kick out of my other blog: Judeophobe Watch where I make fun of Jew haters:

http://judeophobewatch.blogspot.com/
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, the OPP are actually making arrests in Caledonia!?!

http://www.smalldeadanimals.co.....07071.html
cosmostein

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:

I don't have kids. Why can't couples without children ban together and not have to pay any taxes that go towards education?

Wouldn't that be fair?

Oh, and you might get a kick out of my other blog: Judeophobe Watch where I make fun of Jew haters:

Again, documentaries.
If I took docs at face value I would driving a hybrid living in a house powered by solar panels and assuming that it was the United States that blew up the twin towers.

Why can't the Christian population of this country ban together to refuse to pay for a secular education?

Democracy comes with the good and the bad my friend.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, McGuinty is finally, after more than a year, taking responsibility for law and order in the province in which he is premier. Too little, too late? Will this put him over the top in polls? Wonder what the effect of this will be. I know that if I had been living in a worthless house that I could not sell, because the police refused to enforce any semblance of law and order, I would never again vote for the party or premier that let that happen.
cosmostein

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
So, McGuinty is finally, after more than a year, taking responsibility for law and order in the province in which he is premier. Too little, too late? Will this put him over the top in polls? Wonder what the effect of this will be. I know that if I had been living in a worthless house that I could not sell, because the police refused to enforce any semblance of law and order, I would never again vote for the party or premier that let that happen.

The people of Ontario may be with you on that one,
Every week the pool of "undecideds" grows smaller and John Tory climbs a little more,
Going from being 9% behind the Liberals in August to being 2% a few weeks before the election is quite the jump,
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
theatheistjew wrote:

Wouldn't that be fair?

Again, documentaries.
If I took docs at face value I would driving a hybrid living in a house powered by solar panels and assuming that it was the United States that blew up the twin towers.

Why can't the Christian population of this country ban together to refuse to pay for a secular education?

Democracy comes with the good and the bad my friend.

If we were a true democracy in Ontario, we wouldn't have Catholic school funding. You seem to be OK to spin it saying that 45% Catholics have rights to send their kids to publicly funded Catholic schools yet you are bleeding blue in your response to me and my hypothetical scenario.

Oh and since we are a quasi democracy, Tory has no chance because of his imbecilic stance on education.

One thing. A good percentage of Christians in Canada appreciate the merits of a secular education. They wouldn't ban together to vote against it.

Tory's plan is extremely short sighted and full of flaws even before the obvious regression of separation of church and state is concerned.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 5 of 7

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

Jump to: