Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Dire Consequences if Rudy wins... Reply with quote

I have heard this on the radio too.

Rudy is:

Pro Choice
Committed Adultery
Has had multiple marriages
Children do not like him and won't campaign for him and daughter supports Obama.

Here is what will happen...IF the nomination is given to Rudy, the Christian Right Evangelicals (which make a big part of America) will be up in arms.

Their will be a 3rd candidate for the Christian Right to vote for.

Some moderates and Democrats will be split between Rudy and Hillary, and the Christian Right force will be for the 3rd candidate.

Boom, 3 way race.

Thats what I see happening.
Bleatmop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting analysis, but I just don't see it happening. The two party system is so entrenched in the American psyche that it would be a miracle if a third party ever gained traction. I also don't see social conservative values being a large enough issues in this next election to split the vote like that. I see the war on terror and the war in Iraq being the top two issues (just like last election).

Interesting analysis though. I never considered that happening. You could very well be right. Who knows until the primaries are closer to being picked.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be worse if a DemoNRat wins this time.... Rudy is better than a Dem as POTUS
truth4freedom

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Rudy winds the nomination it would be a perfect time for the Constitution Party to step forward fully and become the viable third party Presidential candidate. They had over 80 Constitution Party candidates win in the last federal elections, and if Ron Paul loses the GOP nomination I will definitely be voting third party! Great analysis.
biggie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Dire Consequences if Rudy wins... Reply with quote

westmanguy wrote:
I have heard this on the radio too.

Rudy is:

Pro Choice
Committed Adultery
Has had multiple marriages
Children do not like him and won't campaign for him and daughter supports Obama.

Wow....

First on the list... makes me like him more. a nice fiscal conservative, a man that can create a land-slide victory. You might think it's murder, but I think that thinking its murder is insane.

number 2: So?? everyone makes mistakes, how does his personal life have anything to do with his ability to lead a country. Ralph Klein had an admitted drinking problem yet was one of the best leaders of our time...

number 3: see above

number 4: likewise, but moreover; children rebel... children also have minds thoughts and feelings of their own. are you seriously going to determine your preference on candidates based on such trivial matters!?

You're not looking at the man's incredible history, his skills or his merrits as an ELECTABLE GOP candidate.

And yet I have to sit here and read one more person picking apart someone else's imperfect life, all the while pretending like their $&#^ don't stink...
Stop wasting my time with this.. If you have a gripe on platform I'd love to hear it (the first one is the only one that is a legitimate platform issue; and I applaud it's inclusion)... if you want to visciously attack someone for their personal life.... well, I think that does more damage to your own credibility to be honest.

As for the third party analysis... I disagree; do you think that die hard republicans will vote anything but republican? perfect example is conservatives in Ontario.

Dire consequences if rudy doesn't win:

Democrats win the presidency and continue to dominate congress and senate.. :?
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does it matter what Canadians think of Guilliani? Seriously, I would bet you that 90% of Americans have never read a Canadian newspaper.

Why don't we start with, who is the least protectionist candidate from either party? That is about the best that we can hope for.
Bleatmop

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
What does it matter what Canadians think of Guilliani? Seriously, I would bet you that 90% of Americans have never read a Canadian newspaper.

Why don't we start with, who is the least protectionist candidate from either party? That is about the best that we can hope for.

I agree with you to an extent. Canadians should be pulling for the least protectionist candidate, but we should also be pulling for the candidate that is the most responsible on the world stage. If we get a cut-and-runner and negotiate (appease) with terrorists type of President in the USA, the world will become an even more scary place IMO.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the long run, things in the world just might have to get a lot worse before they can start to get better. Currently, there are too many people in denial, too many people who believe outrageously stupid things like Israel or the US is more dangerous than Iran, or a bigger threat to peace. There are simply too many idiots in the world who would actually let Iran get nukes right now. Once the lunatic main stream is pushed back to the fringe, and normalcy once again rules public debate, only then can the world begin to improve.

It took WW2 to defeat appeasement and fascism last century. Come to think of it, fascism and appeasement are back, so WW2 was only a temporary setback. It will probably take, at the very least, a similar effort to set it back again this century. Looking around you, at your friends and neighbors, how many would be willing to give even half that much today? My bet is, you could change your name to Lot, because that is how much luck you would have. Just don't let your wife look back when your family is fleeing the destruction.
Bleatmop

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's hoping things don't have to get a lot worse before they get better then! :) I would really hate to see another Great War happen, although sometimes I agree with you that it just might take one for people to value their freedom and what it takes to be free again. Lets hope we can win everyone over to the normal side though the action we are doing now, like taking on the MSM with our Blogging ways and leading by example.

All things aside, I would definitely settle for the least protectionist presidential candidate.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an aside, if Kennedy asked his famous question again today, I am pretty sure it would lose him the election. Ask not what your country can do for you? He would be run out of town on a rail; that is the ONLY question people ask today, at least in the West.

PS. http://www.famousquotes.me.uk/.....nedy/5.htm
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:

Democrats and libertarians are the most protectionists when it comes to free trade and exchanges.

Our best hope is yet another GOP winner in the WH.
AmericanTory

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truth4freedom wrote:
They had over 80 Constitution Party candidates win in the last federal elections, and if Ron Paul loses the GOP nomination I will definitely be voting third party! Great analysis.

Ummm, what?!

First, a Democratic takeover of Congress, so that alone makes the 80 candidates claim suspect. Second, I would think that would make huge headlines, as 80 candidates would form 15% of Congress (both House and Senate). Do you mean Constitution Party-endorsed candidates who are members of another party?
truth4freedom

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmericanTory wrote:
truth4freedom wrote:
They had over 80 Constitution Party candidates win in the last federal elections, and if Ron Paul loses the GOP nomination I will definitely be voting third party! Great analysis.

Ummm, what?!

First, a Democratic takeover of Congress, so that alone makes the 80 candidates claim suspect. Second, I would think that would make huge headlines, as 80 candidates would form 15% of Congress (both House and Senate). Do you mean Constitution Party-endorsed candidates who are members of another party?

I'm sorry, I meant state and federal elections of last year... :oops:

Jump to: