Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ruth

Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt,
With free boobie grabs for all, I am sure a lot of people would.

Oh,wait
Such a parade would surely be misogynist in nature. We can't have that now can we?
Ah the joys of a good old double standard.
theatheistjew

votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruth wrote:
Gay rights and the fact that gays are human beings too have nothing to do with the Pride Parade.
It's so cliche that I almost hate to say it, but here goes.
Can we have a Straight Pride Parade where everyone walks around half naked and performs sexual acts? Why not? How can it be indecent if gays can do it? etc...

There are parades for straights. The Mardi Gras parade, the Santa Claus parade, and the St. Patricks Day parade.

I think that if gays got equal status, and I mean treated equally completely, there would be no need for them to parade. Well, except for Aids awareness every couple of years.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care,
the latest legit polling numbers are showing that voters in Ontario don't seem to care as Tory is up yet again,

I respect your opinion on Faith based schooling, and that's wonderful but how many threads do we need on this issue?
biggie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Gay rights and the fact that gays are human beings too have nothing to do with the Pride Parade.
It's so cliche that I almost hate to say it, but here goes.
Can we have a Straight Pride Parade where everyone walks around half naked and performs sexual acts? Why not? How can it be indecent if gays can do it? etc...

There are parades for straights. The Mardi Gras parade, the Santa Claus parade, and the St. Patricks Day parade.

I think that if gays got equal status, and I mean treated equally completely, there would be no need for them to parade. Well, except for Aids awareness every couple of years.

Equal status??!?!?! such as the right to marry?
You can never be treated equally - because people are not equal. For example; I am treated better than you because I can show respect for others' religions.. :lol:

I have a good job because I am good at what I do. I get to attend University because I have succeeded in achieving the academic standards to do so. I get to eat daily because I work my ^&* off in order to put food on my table.

They have equality of opportunity, i'm not interested in giving them equality of result... they can earn that themselves.

And FYI - Marti Gras is not a straight event... Santa claus parade is not a straight event..
these events are open to people of all shapes sizes and colours.

I'm reminded of an article I read recently about a bunch of gays and lesbians "crashing" straight night clubs(there is no such thing, seeing as how there are often several gay people there anyhow, I'm sure).

The difference is that the Gay community has their own events/clubs; geared toward them. When have you ever seen a straight club? Or Straight parade? never.

If they want to be equal so badly, it's time to stop acting like it. Because as it stands, they only seem to want to talk about how different they are.
biggie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
I don't care,
the latest legit polling numbers are showing that voters in Ontario don't seem to care as Tory is up yet again,

I respect your opinion on Faith based schooling, and that's wonderful but how many threads do we need on this issue?

Certainly this is enough...

I will lock any further conversations on this..

lets not flood the threads with one topic please.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: