Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
plantguy

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to the Reform Party's policy on MP pensions? It didn't seem to follow the party through it's several reformations. To bad. it was a keeper.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it went with the refusal to use the leaders residence in Ottawa !
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was a pretty unrealistic promise....

it seemed like a good idea; but it was the wrong battle to fight.

the premise was good, but honestly honorable members deserve those benefits.

They don't deserve to slack off and waste tax payers dollars, and that was the real point behind it.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem with providing a good salary and a good pension plan for MPs. As I've said before, you get what you pay for.

The problem is they don't have a good pension plan; they have a pension plan which is far and away better than anyone else gets, whether in private sector or public section. Yes, I realize a politician's career isn't an easy one and the job security can be shaky but does that justify a 24 carat gold pension plan?

My other objection to it is the secrecy. These are public officials and the details of their salary should be public record which is easily accessible. Is there a reason to bury these kind of details other than to keep citizens from being outraged by the sheer largess?

As I recall, Manning's refusal to use Stornaway was overturned by security concerns raised by the RCMP. As for their refusal to take pensions, it got some attention (good and bad) but that's the past.

-Mac
Nicklan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the problem you guys have with anyone elses ideas, A majorty is clearly not likely !
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
With the problem you guys have with anyone elses ideas, A majorty is clearly not likely !

Ok then my idea is to raise taxes, one portion increases public healthcare, another a tax on pollution, yet another fora public service tax, then another tax on citizenship, another tax on gas, etc. etc. Will that get a majority? Out Liberal the Liberals?
Nicklan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
Nicklan wrote:

Ok then my idea is to raise taxes, one portion increases public healthcare, another a tax on pollution, yet another fora public service tax, then another tax on citizenship, another tax on gas, etc. etc. Will that get a majority? Out Liberal the Liberals?

Are you a Tory?
You do it the old fashioned way JOBS and investments !
Economic Development !
Raise the average standard of living!
Stand Up for Canada and Canadians, Canadians owned and operated businesses selling Canadian Made products in the world markets competitivly.
Japan Can do it with no energy or resources to speak of and we have nothing but energy and resources
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Speaking of pensions What about the RCMP pension and what about all of the missing funds ??

Technically the pension money isn't missing.

It was taken out and later put back in installments.

The problem however was that it was illegal to take the money out in the first place.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:

Are you a Tory?

Again I'm a Whig not a Tory

Quote:
Ok but please don't invest in Powercorp; the first thing we need to do is take them down hard

Quote:
Economic Development !
Through Equalization? Better cut the lose now & force the provinces into self sustainability, the feds have no right to interfer with economic matters anyways as it pertains to the provinces

Quote:

Ok, but how are we going to do that with Kyoto? How are we going to do that as one of the worlds higly taxed nations among the most industralized?

Quote:
Stand Up for Canada and Canadians, Canadians owned and operated businesses selling Canadian Made products in the world markets competitivly.

Ok no problem so why not cut the loose with China, * hint to Americans as well stop investing in our enemies economy

Quote:
Japan Can do it with no energy or resources to speak of and we have nothing but energy and resources

Yes but Kyoto comes to mind again.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
Nicklan wrote:

Are you a Tory?

Again I'm a Whig not a Tory

Quote:
Ok but please don't invest in Powercorp; the first thing we need to do is take them down hard

Quote:
Economic Development !
Through Equalization? Better cut the lose now & force the provinces into self sustainability, the feds have no right to interfer with economic matters anyways as it pertains to the provinces

Quote:

Ok, but how are we going to do that with Kyoto? How are we going to do that as one of the worlds higly taxed nations among the most industralized?

Quote:

Ok no problem so why not cut the loose with China, * hint to Americans as well stop investing in our enemies economy

Quote:

Yes but Kyoto comes to mind again.

Sorry I for got you are an American Style Conservative.
I agree vut what about when the federal government was already for years, infact they mis managed it(Fishery)
Forget Kyoto it is nothing more then a trading sckeam for the trading house(Banks)
I think we can compete with China so long as we inforce Western Standards for Western Markets
Like I said FORGET KYOTO, anyone who knows better already has !
Stick to Harpers plan of real action and real results !

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: