Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Christian radio station forced to give time to other faiths Reply with quote

Quote:
"It's ridiculous," says Bob Du Broy, vice-president of Ottawa's CHRI Christian music station. "It's like asking a rock station to play an hour of classical music." CHRI's announcers also find themselves in the bizarre situation of working for a Christian station without being able to talk much about Christianity for fear of triggering the "balance" issue

Unreal. The CRTC strikes again.

http://www.canada.com/ottawaci.....9799f51005
cerl7011

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Christian radio station forced to give time to other fai Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Quote:
"It's ridiculous," says Bob Du Broy, vice-president of Ottawa's CHRI Christian music station. "It's like asking a rock station to play an hour of classical music." CHRI's announcers also find themselves in the bizarre situation of working for a Christian station without being able to talk much about Christianity for fear of triggering the "balance" issue

Unreal. The CRTC strikes again.

http://www.canada.com/ottawaci.....9799f51005

Although I'm not religious, I do think that Christians deserve to express themselves just like everyone else does...this is definatly unfair...If other religions want to start up radio stations, they should do that, not try to set up camp in a Christian station...

We have to do something about the CRTC...and soon...

erl
Reform

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: I'm not suprised Reply with quote

Now let me tell you that I've been seeing this for a long time. There have been many times the Christian majority has been persecuted for the sake of "egalitarianism" and this doesn't suprise me.

It's perposterous that the views of many can be silenced by the few
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again it shows people are doing this out of supposed fear of People going crazy on certain things....These days oversensitivness is whacked.
Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, I am so PO'ed rate now....

I am going to whip off a letter to my MP and CRTC, I encourage others to do the same.

Ok if anyone wants to copy what I wrote on the CRTC complaint page an send it here:

"My complaint is regarding the article in the Ottawa Citizen (available here: http://www.canada.com/ottawaci.....9799f51005 ) and the balance quota your forcing on the new Christian talk station WORLD FM.

Do you realize how ludicrous this is? For one thing I am guessing this was put in during the time of few tv or radio stations, but were at a time where we have many many tv and radio stations.

How fair or sane is it to force a Christian radio station to air programming on Hindu or Islam faith? If these religions want their balance - they have the option of starting up their own radio station.

This is my request that CRTC have a review (and hopefully abolish) on this insane policy.

Thank You."

Complain page: http://www.crtc.gc.ca/RapidsCC.....asp?lang=E
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the CRTC force Al-Jazeera to show pro-western programming?
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernier, over-rule this decision!

Jump to: