Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: CTV adds Comments Feature to CTV.ca Reply with quote

Now (hate to admit it), but CTV is my main source of Canadian news (I go to FOXNews.com for all my American news)

They have now added a comment feature to all news stories.

Of course they have to approve the comments to ensure profanity/swears/etc. are not in there but I do enjoy this.

I bring this up because, Torie people, like on this site, should submit comments on all the days headlines.

Its simple, just go to CTV.ca, get the jist of the top stories (in the headline box), and then add a comment.

I know this is effective, as people love reading other's comments.

Almost everyone who reads the paper, loves to read the Opinion section, editorial, and letters to the editor.

I think with this medium we can sort of attempt to balance the CTV liberal bias, by having readers who read further (into the comments) have some Conservative balancing to the story.

Just some ideas.
cerl7011

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea...but I think that both the CBC and CTV are warming up to the Tories and tory ideas...

Just the other day, I was watching CBC Newsworld and I caught a debate between a supporter of the war and one of those lefties who want to bring our boys and girls home. I think it was Andrew something (can't remember his last name) who asked a question to the Non-Supporter, and to me, it sounded like an attack. His tone of voice, his way of presenting it...it sounded as if he supported the mission...

He asked something along the lines of "But, you say bring the troops home...whats there stopping the Taliban, who we know are hiding in the hills around Afghanistan, from just walking into the country and taking control again...wouldn't this endanger more Canadians?"...now you'll have toi find an exact wording, but it went like that...

Maybe they're turning... 8)

erl
Reform

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: It's just me but... Reply with quote

That's a good idea certainly. Because as a reformer it's an evolution in mainstream media to have the reporters and the journalists to be more accountable to their viewers and hte public at large.

But canadians have been blesed with good, semi-well balanced reporting, with the possible exception of the CBC.

When I compare media coverage and stories on the BBC or any american media website you can smell a bias 100ft. away. But in Canada, I don't see that bias as clearly.

Though I always thought what would be fun for a grade 12 project is to record all the national newscasts from all the major networks(Global, CTV, CBC) and compare and contrast the stories they covered, the way they report the story, and the difference in stats and facts.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comments section is just for cranks. Cagerattler probably has already racked up 400 posts and been banned 3 times.
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else think the MSM is trying to adopt blog-like characteristics?
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does CBC have a comments section. Love that ad for the Hour with Ralph Stephanopoulos(or what ever his name is) where he is interview Suzuki and Suzuki says "He's so far up Bush's backside".

Can't imagine who that blast was aimed at.

We need a majority for the sole purpose of selling this joke of a government corp. The only thing I watch on CBC is The National, Hockey and Mercer, who I think is very balanced in his critcism of politics, in a gay sort of way.(not that there is anything wrong with that).

Jump to: