Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Assuming there was a leadership convention, would you vote for an Atheist to lead the Conservative Party?
Yes
25%
 25%  [ 12 ]
No
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
I vote for policy, not religion
55%
 55%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 47

cerl7011

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
cerl7011 wrote:
Ouch...so that's what you think of my contributions

Nope. That is what I think of that contribution in particular. Don't be such a drama queen.

Alright, see my above statement on name-calling...

erl
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cerl0711 wrote
Quote:
Ahhahahahahaha!...you can't be serious...you expected a religious website to say be things about religion?...can you please find your facts from a less bias place.

I am very serious. If the website is so wrong then disprove the facts.

Christians - 284,000 Haters of religion - 141,000,000

You can't come on this blog and state things like more people have died in the name of Jesus than any other and not expect some one to challenge you on it. Your hatred of Christianity has blinded you to the fact that people who held to your belief system are responsible for the greatest atrocities ever committed by man.

If you do not want to be insulted then don't insult Christians with your ill-conceived rants.
That statement about Jesus is a worse insult to me than anything I've said to you. And it's untrue.
cerl7011

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Cerl0711 wrote
Quote:
Ahhahahahahaha!...you can't be serious...you expected a religious website to say be things about religion?...can you please find your facts from a less bias place.

I am very serious. If the website is so wrong then disprove the facts.

Christians - 284,000 Haters of religion - 141,000,000

You can't come on this blog and state things like more people have died in the name of Jesus than any other and not expect some one to challenge you on it. Your hatred of Christianity has blinded you to the fact that people who held to your belief system are responsible for the greatest atrocities ever committed by man.

If you do not want to be insulted then don't insult Christians with your ill-conceived rants.
That statement about Jesus is a worse insult to me than anything I've said to you. And it's untrue.

I've already asked politly that we stop the name calling...that includes insults about my rants... :)

I assure you I do not hate Christianity. I don't hate any religion. I am simply sceptical of them. I am an agnostic...no government that is agnostic has ever commited an atroicity...mainly because there have been no agnostic governments.

I did not insult Jesus. Hell, I think he was a fine man who had both positive and negative influences on history. If it were not for Jesus, civilization as we know it would probably be very different. I simply quoted Jon Stewart. He insulted Jesus. I quoted him. I said that religion has killed more people then anything. Do we forget Yugoslava? Sudan? 9/11?...

I am currently searching for some non-bias facts about religion's true death toll, but I have not found anything yet. Don't worry...I will.

Please, mrsocko...you are taking this too personally...I do not have anything against you or your faith. I question it. In a free society, people can question anything they want. I question religion, amongst other things...it's my own opinion...

erl
mrsocko

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've already asked politly that we stop the name calling...that includes insults about my rants...

Since we are being polite I will ask you to be more sensitive when you are critcizing Christianity. It's done a lot more good for the world than bad.

Quote:
I simply quoted Jon Stewart. He insulted Jesus. I quoted him.

Sorry. I guess I shouldn't assume that if a person is quoting someone they are in agreement with them.

Quote:
I said that religion has killed more people then anything. Do we forget Yugoslava? Sudan? 9/11?...

Tough to say that the people committing these crimes are actual Christians or practicing Muslims when these religions preach against murder and hatred.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In many cases religion is the excuse to kill others. That doesn't mean religion is at fault. If we were all atheists we would simply find another reason to kill each other (race, geography, nose size). Just look at Darfur, Muslims are killing black muslims because they are black and not arab. First they kill the Christians and then they kill the black Muslims.

Don't pretend as though if we didn't have religion that there would be any fewer deaths on this planet. If nothing else religion gives us a refuge from the evil that is human kind.
cerl7011

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Since we are being polite I will ask you to be more sensitive when you are critcizing Christianity. It's done a lot more good for the world than bad.

Alright...but what do you classfiy as being sensitive?

Quote:

Sorry. I guess I shouldn't assume that if a person is quoting someone they are in agreement with them.

True...I don't agree with alot of things I quote (including the Bible...) but when a situation arises when a quote is appropriate, I will use it...

Quote:
Tough to say that the people committing these crimes are actual Christians or practicing Muslims when these religions preach against murder and hatred.

It's true that these people aren't really keeping with their faith...but they still claim to be believers...

erl
mrsocko

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cerl wrote
Quote:
It's true that these people aren't really keeping with their faith...but they still claim to be believers...

Tough to say if they claim to be believers. I have talked to many people who call themselves Christians who think that to be a Christian all you have to do is believe in God.

I then ask them what rice krispies are made of and they say wheat. :lol:
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
I then ask them what rice krispies are made of and they say wheat. :lol:

They're made of krispies.
JasonSkald

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would vote for an atheist in a heartbeat, however my vote would be influenced not on whether he was religious or not, but whether he would impose his views on the party or the country. I am not a social conservative, and I believe religion is a private matter, not to be imposed upon others.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lately I have noticed that Atheists are pushing their religion harder than the JWs. What is up with that?
Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess Canada is more Liberal than the USA.

Majority, I mean 65% + of Americans could never vote for an atheist President regardless of platform.

Guess not so in Canada.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  

Jump to: