Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reform

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Jeeze Michael Moore get your facts straight Reply with quote

Today I watched CBC Newsworld (I know I was desperate) and I saw an interview with Michael Moore. He was promoting his new movie, saying that the American system is broken, and Canada should continue to fund our system.

One thing I found interesting is he was talking about infusing more money into the and he mentioned "the cuts done by Mulroney."

Mr. Moore, there's something called independance, you and your forefathers chose to seperate from us and the british colonial rule they chose to be independant in matters of policy and procedure. So when you're going to come on TV and criticize CANADIAN politicians from THE UNITED STATES make sure you cricize the right politician.

So therefore, I conclude by saying, Mr. Moore, the cuts to medicare were done by former Prime Minister and Finance Minsiter Paul Martin. I know you don't like cricizing people of your mindset but it's the truth, Mulroney didn't cut Mediciare as much as Martin.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes!

Does he know what a waiting list is? I doubt he does........
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone interested in this should look into the movie Sick and Sicker. Link: http://biggierection.blogspot......movie.html

Anyone interested in contributing, contact me; I was trying to set up a panel in the ottawa region, but it kind of fell through. i'm not sure about timing, but i've been in contact with the producer and he's extremely interested in hearing what Canadians think about our health care.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Facts" and "Michael Moore" are mutually exclusive.

-Mac
Stephen

votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Jeeze Michael Moore get your facts straight Reply with quote

Reform wrote:
One thing I found interesting is he was talking about infusing more money into the and he mentioned "the cuts done by Mulroney."

Under Paul Martin as finance minister and Paul Martin the PM, didn't health transfers from the provinces go from 50% to 12%?

The man who got rid of the deficit did so on the back of healthcare and cuts to the Canadian Forces.
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Under Paul Martin as finance minister and Paul Martin the PM, didn't health transfers from the provinces go from 50% to 12%?

Yeah but lets all hate Harris :shock:
cerl7011

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggie wrote:
Everyone interested in this should look into the movie Sick and Sicker. Link: http://biggierection.blogspot......movie.html

Anyone interested in contributing, contact me; I was trying to set up a panel in the ottawa region, but it kind of fell through. i'm not sure about timing, but i've been in contact with the producer and he's extremely interested in hearing what Canadians think about our health care.

Sounds great! Anything ol' Mr. Erl can do to help, I'll try to do!

erl
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Jeeze Michael Moore get your facts straight Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:

The man who got rid of the deficit did so on the back of healthcare and cuts to the Canadian Forces.

Isn't health care a matter of provincial jurisdiction? I thought most conservatives wanted the feds out of matters of provincial jurisdiction?
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Jeeze Michael Moore get your facts straight Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:

and by raiding the "Employment Insurance" fund (instead of lowering premiums) and the pension funds for the Canadian Forces and the RCMP... all the while patting himself on the back for being so clever.

-Mac
Stephen

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: Jeeze Michael Moore get your facts straight Reply with quote

gc wrote:
Isn't health care a matter of provincial jurisdiction? I thought most conservatives wanted the feds out of matters of provincial jurisdiction?

Healthcare IS a matter of provincial jurisdiction!

Yet the federal government retains transfers for matters of equalization to the provinces. The theory is that a person gets the same healthcare in Newfoundland as in Alberta.

So, while healthcare spending is a matter for the provinces, they get a lot of that money from transfers from the federal government. Paul Martin did much to eliminate the deficit by retaining the money that the federal government owed the provinces. This was money owed to the provinces by the federal government from taxpayers in each province.
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Jeeze Michael Moore get your facts straight Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:

So, while healthcare spending is a matter for the provinces, they get a lot of that money from transfers from the federal government. Paul Martin did much to eliminate the deficit by retaining the money that the federal government owed the provinces. This was money owed to the provinces by the federal government from taxpayers in each province.

I am hoping someone can explain to me why the federal government needs to transfer money to the provinces. Why don't the provinces just collect the money themselves? More transfers from the federal government means more spending, which means higher federal taxes. If transfers are cut, than means spending is cut and so are taxes. The savings on federal taxes could be used for the provinces to increase provincial taxes. The end result is the same, but it cuts out the "middle man". This is why I don't understand the whole concept of the "fiscal imbalance". Why don't the provinces just raise their own revenue?

I thought Stephen Harper & most conservatives wanted the feds out of provincial matters?

Jump to: