Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 5 of 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nicklan





Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 544
Reputation: 16.6Reputation: 16.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Listen to Kinsella on attack ads. They have to be truthful. If the attack is true, or if people suspect it is probably true, and people can plainly see that, then the attack ad is effective. If you are simply calling someone a smelly hippie, or reptilian alien kitten eater, you get your self in trouble.


What works and has always worked is have a track record to point too!
Building Canada as always worked and still will, Canada and Canadians First, Canada and Canadians Last !That will work !
kwlafayette





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 6155
Reputation: 156.2Reputation: 156.2
votes: 28
Location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, simply being "not Liberal" doesn't seem to be quite enough does it? It is like getting a small bowl of broth when you have been working hard all day, and wanted a double or triple helping of prime rib and baked potato with all the fixings.

About 5% of why I voted CPC was the "not Liberal" part. The rest was the various platforms they promised over the years. Of particular interest to me was the different type of retirement savings they proposed. The current RSP is pre-tax money goes in, you get a tax credit, money grows tax free, taxed at withdrawal. The new plan I wanted to see, in addition to the classical RSP, was after tax money goes in, no tax credit, money grows and is withdrawn tax free. The two plans together would compliment each nicely, and allow a high degree of freedom in your financial planning.

Think of the advantages when saving for the down payment on a house for example. The $20,000 borrowed from your RSP really hurts the longterm performance of the RSP, you miss out on a lot of years of compounding, and you have to pay it back or there will be a penalty. There is also a limit which is becoming increasingly low. To avoid the high ratio mortgage penalty, you need 20% down. With the average house price climbing, and the RSP withdrawal staying the same, you can clearly see the problem.

The new plan, you would not even have to do any paper work, it would help capital formation. Withdraw some tax free money, any time, any amount, any reason, no penalty. I believe in the US they have something called a Roth IRA which has similar rules.
Mac





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 5500
Reputation: 104
votes: 35
Location: John Baird's riding...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "not-Liberal" thing was a non-issue for me as well. Their policy platform was appealing and I was hoping we'd see substantial tax cuts as well as smaller government.... but alas...

-Mac
Nicklan





Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 544
Reputation: 16.6Reputation: 16.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
The "not-Liberal" thing was a non-issue for me as well. Their policy platform was appealing and I was hoping we'd see substantial tax cuts as well as smaller government.... but alas...

-Mac


I think that the plan is for tax cuts , but do not forget we are in a war, never in history before did we cut taxes while at War. I think that after we have finnished our Mission in the Middle East would be suitable a time to consider tax cuts, after we have rebuilt the Navy, airforce and the army. Smaller government could be started with contractors to supply Canada's transportation needs.
Cool Blue





Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Posts: 3130
Reputation: 114.9
votes: 10
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Last Fall Mr. Harper was injoying some of the highest popularity with Canadians how did he look in May ?


And then by January the Liberals were ahead of the CPC in polls, then the ads ran and the Libs dropped like a stone to the 30% and haven't recovered since.

FYI: The purpose of the ads were not to beat the Libs in the polls. The purpose was to scare the Liberals out of forcing a spring election.
Nicklan





Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 544
Reputation: 16.6Reputation: 16.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Blue wrote:
Quote:
Last Fall Mr. Harper was injoying some of the highest popularity with Canadians how did he look in May ?


And then by January the Liberals were ahead of the CPC in polls, then the ads ran and the Libs dropped like a stone to the 30% and haven't recovered since.

FYI: The purpose of the ads were not to beat the Libs in the polls. The purpose was to scare the Liberals out of forcing a spring election.


Thats a lie the libs had just elected a new leader and Mr Harper was leading untill the ads started. The libs where in no shape to run an other election and where not trying to force one then either !
Nicklan





Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 544
Reputation: 16.6Reputation: 16.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about some CPC adds of Mr. Harper and the CPC Standing up for Canada and Canadians. Why not some adds of action being taken by Canadians for Canada !

Adds of Action will be heard by all of Canada!
Why not start in Nova Scotia, why not here where we have many experianced people available already, why not Start In Central Nova , Debert, The Strait Area and of course Sydney. Why not Action that will speak loud and Clear Standing Up For Canada and Canadians. Canadians building Canadians Ships in Canadian Shipyards is a great start, why not start now at Trenton Works and a new construction yard at the stait that can build anything that Canada need either government or military or Merchant Marine or Off Shore Oil and Gas. Lets stop importing these from Asia and Germany and America. Lets keep all that money here no more German built ships for Government Corps like BC Ferriers or Marine Atlantic.
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Tory blitz a few months ago was in anticipation of an election. I suspect there will be another ad blitz before the next anticipated election. That is the big advantage the Tories have over the Libs at this point - money. I also think Harper is holding back on policy initiatives over the summer and will launch an aggressive legislative agenda in the fall setting up either a fall or spring election. In any case, I think the Conservatives are sitting pretty despite the Maritime problems and the modest drop in the polls.
Nicklan





Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 544
Reputation: 16.6Reputation: 16.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
I think the Tory blitz a few months ago was in anticipation of an election. I suspect there will be another ad blitz before the next anticipated election. That is the big advantage the Tories have over the Libs at this point - money. I also think Harper is holding back on policy initiatives over the summer and will launch an aggressive legislative agenda in the fall setting up either a fall or spring election. In any case, I think the Conservatives are sitting pretty despite the Maritime problems and the modest drop in the polls.


You think that BC is happy to recievr nothing at all from the budget yet to be one of the largest funders of it, While Ontario recieves 10's of billions in project funding! Have you forgot about the off shore oil and gas in BC. Have you not noticed Sask. or that what was considered the safest Tory Seat in Canada, I mean Ralf Kliens seat is now Liberal, does that not tell you people that maybe you are not leading in the dirrection the people want to Go! If that is not getting your attention I suggest that all you Torys right up to and including Mr. Harper had netter start looking for beech cotages for your going to be unemployed come the next election if you continue on your choosen road !
Mac





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 5500
Reputation: 104
votes: 35
Location: John Baird's riding...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
You think that BC is happy to recievr nothing at all from the budget yet to be one of the largest funders of it, While Ontario recieves 10's of billions in project funding!

I wonder if BC is getting a few dollars from the Feds for the 2010 Olympic or transportation infrastructure projects like the Canada Line or the Gateway Project? The last thing Canada needs is more people demanding entitlements and regional polarization doesn't help anyone.

Nicklan wrote:
Have you forgot about the off shore oil and gas in BC.

Still under both federal and provincial development moratorium or did you forget that?

Nicklan wrote:
Have you not noticed Sask. or that what was considered the safest Tory Seat in Canada, I mean Ralf Kliens seat is now Liberal, does that not tell you people that maybe you are not leading in the dirrection the people want to Go!

Ummmm, Ralph Klein was the provincial premier of Alberta, not Saskatchewan, and it's very unusual for any sitting premier's seat to be considered unsafe. Once King Ralph retired, it's just another seat.

Nicklan wrote:
If that is not getting your attention I suggest that all you Torys right up to and including Mr. Harper had netter start looking for beech cotages for your going to be unemployed come the next election if you continue on your choosen road !

Since your last few posts have all made reference to "you Tories" or "you loud mouth Tories", I suppose you don't consider yourself part of that group... which makes me wonder at your motivation for posting on a forum called "Blogging Tories" but regardless, thank you for sharing your perspective. Now why don't you run along and pretend to build some ships or lease some airplanes?

-Mac
Nicklan





Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 544
Reputation: 16.6Reputation: 16.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
Nicklan wrote:
You think that BC is happy to recievr nothing at all from the budget yet to be one of the largest funders of it, While Ontario recieves 10's of billions in project funding!

I wonder if BC is getting a few dollars from the Feds for the 2010 Olympic or transportation infrastructure projects like the Canada Line or the Gateway Project? The last thing Canada needs is more people demanding entitlements and regional polarization doesn't help anyone.

Nicklan wrote:
Have you forgot about the off shore oil and gas in BC.

Still under both federal and provincial development moratorium or did you forget that?

Nicklan wrote:
Have you not noticed Sask. or that what was considered the safest Tory Seat in Canada, I mean Ralf Kliens seat is now Liberal, does that not tell you people that maybe you are not leading in the dirrection the people want to Go!

Ummmm, Ralph Klein was the provincial premier of Alberta, not Saskatchewan, and it's very unusual for any sitting premier's seat to be considered unsafe. Once King Ralph retired, it's just another seat.

Nicklan wrote:
If that is not getting your attention I suggest that all you Torys right up to and including Mr. Harper had netter start looking for beech cotages for your going to be unemployed come the next election if you continue on your choosen road !

Since your last few posts have all made reference to "you Tories" or "you loud mouth Tories", I suppose you don't consider yourself part of that group... which makes me wonder at your motivation for posting on a forum called "Blogging Tories" but regardless, thank you for sharing your perspective. Now why don't you run along and pretend to build some ships or lease some airplanes?

-Mac

I never said that I was not a Tory, and of course a cop would only consider such things as building ships and contracting transportation to be something that you would be pretending to do. For clearly a flat foot would not be able even grasp the idea of such things.
I believe that those projects that you are pointing to where funded by Paul Martin in his budget. Although their have been some cost over runs that BC has been picking up the tab for.
Nice of you to point out what i thought was clear to everyone already, yes you are right the Tory King on the Tory Throne in Alberta went down and Now a Liberal has it!
Poluarization what are you talking about anyway the Canada line is what 3 billion railline being built because the current line that already runs to the airport also runs through the Rich west end. And the Rich refused to have the others traveling throught their how did they put it, O yaa the Cram del a cram of Vancouver would not stand for the commoner to pass through, not even on a train !
Nicklan





Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 544
Reputation: 16.6Reputation: 16.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One More thing Mack only a moron would believe any of the Hog Wash that has been force feed to the people of British Columbia about the offshore oil anf gas and their reasons for shutting the industry down in the first place !
Mac





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 5500
Reputation: 104
votes: 35
Location: John Baird's riding...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
I never said that I was not a Tory, and of course a cop would only consider such things as building ships and contracting transportation to be something that you would be pretending to do. For clearly a flat foot would not be able even grasp the idea of such things.

My point is you're going out of your way to be insulting to Tories. Now you're insulting my profession and, by extension, me. Those who engage in such behaviour are generally referred to as trolls and they're not highly regarded. As for pretending to build... well, I'll leave that for you to figure out.

Nicklan wrote:
I believe that those projects that you are pointing to where funded by Paul Martin in his budget. Although their have been some cost over runs that BC has been picking up the tab for.

Did I claim otherwise? You were indicating BC was being short-changed. I was saying such was not the case. PMSH could have easily put a "stop payment" on the funds for those projects like he did to the Kelowna Accord and the Nation Childcare nonsense.

Nicklan wrote:
Nice of you to point out what i thought was clear to everyone already, yes you are right the Tory King on the Tory Throne in Alberta went down and Now a Liberal has it!

You wrote about Sask (wrong province), misspell Ralph Klein's first and last name... then claim your thought was perfectly clear to everyone? Wow... you're incredible... and I don't mean that in a good way.

FYI, the current premier of Alberta is Ed Stelmach and he's a Progressive Conservative. If there is a Tory throne in Alberta, then it's a Tory who is sitting in it. Yes, I realize the byelection in Ralph's old riding was won by a Liberal... and it's not a big deal.

Nicklan wrote:
Poluarization what are you talking about anyway the Canada line is what 3 billion railline being built because the current line that already runs to the airport also runs through the Rich west end. And the Rich refused to have the others traveling throught their how did they put it, O yaa the Cram del a cram of Vancouver would not stand for the commoner to pass through, not even on a train !

That was the choice of the council of the City of Vancouver under then-Mayor Larry Campbell, as Liberal of a mayor as has ever been elected in Vancouver, who was rewarded by Paul Martin by an appointment to the Senate. Liberals are great at protecting and rewarding their rich friends... like those living along the Arbutus Line and crackpot ex-Mayors.

Nicklan wrote:
One More thing Mack only a moron would believe any of the Hog Wash that has been force feed to the people of British Columbia about the offshore oil anf gas and their reasons for shutting the industry down in the first place !

Did I say otherwise? I merely pointed out that the moratorium exists at both provincial and federal levels. Any oil or gas reserves are "off the table" at this point and there's no signs of that changing.

Now... I'm not likely going to reply to any further insulting remarks since that's called "feeding the troll" but feel free to troll on.

-Mac
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
One More thing Mack only a moron would believe any of the Hog Wash that has been force feed to the people of British Columbia about the offshore oil anf gas and their reasons for shutting the industry down in the first place !


Let's keep the name calling to a minimum.
Nicklan





Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 544
Reputation: 16.6Reputation: 16.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
Nicklan wrote:
I never said that I was not a Tory, and of course a cop would only consider such things as building ships and contracting transportation to be something that you would be pretending to do. For clearly a flat foot would not be able even grasp the idea of such things.

My point is you're going out of your way to be insulting to Tories. Now you're insulting my profession and, by extension, me. Those who engage in such behaviour are generally referred to as trolls and they're not highly regarded. As for pretending to build... well, I'll leave that for you to figure out.

Nicklan wrote:
I believe that those projects that you are pointing to where funded by Paul Martin in his budget. Although their have been some cost over runs that BC has been picking up the tab for.

Did I claim otherwise? You were indicating BC was being short-changed. I was saying such was not the case. PMSH could have easily put a "stop payment" on the funds for those projects like he did to the Kelowna Accord and the Nation Childcare nonsense.

Nicklan wrote:
Nice of you to point out what i thought was clear to everyone already, yes you are right the Tory King on the Tory Throne in Alberta went down and Now a Liberal has it!

You wrote about Sask (wrong province), misspell Ralph Klein's first and last name... then claim your thought was perfectly clear to everyone? Wow... you're incredible... and I don't mean that in a good way.

FYI, the current premier of Alberta is Ed Stelmach and he's a Progressive Conservative. If there is a Tory throne in Alberta, then it's a Tory who is sitting in it. Yes, I realize the byelection in Ralph's old riding was won by a Liberal... and it's not a big deal.

Nicklan wrote:
Poluarization what are you talking about anyway the Canada line is what 3 billion railline being built because the current line that already runs to the airport also runs through the Rich west end. And the Rich refused to have the others traveling throught their how did they put it, O yaa the Cram del a cram of Vancouver would not stand for the commoner to pass through, not even on a train !

That was the choice of the council of the City of Vancouver under then-Mayor Larry Campbell, as Liberal of a mayor as has ever been elected in Vancouver, who was rewarded by Paul Martin by an appointment to the Senate. Liberals are great at protecting and rewarding their rich friends... like those living along the Arbutus Line and crackpot ex-Mayors.

Nicklan wrote:
One More thing Mack only a moron would believe any of the Hog Wash that has been force feed to the people of British Columbia about the offshore oil anf gas and their reasons for shutting the industry down in the first place !

Did I say otherwise? I merely pointed out that the moratorium exists at both provincial and federal levels. Any oil or gas reserves are "off the table" at this point and there's no signs of that changing.

Now... I'm not likely going to reply to any further insulting remarks since that's called "feeding the troll" but feel free to troll on.

-Mac


You are correct about Larry Canbell and Mr. Martin did give him a seat for openly supporting Him many people belive that including me, but wasting 3 billion on that when at the same time they where closing the hospitals for lack of funding.

I had no Idea calling a police officer a flat foot was an insult, please forgive me !

I thought the Idea was to get a majority, as far as I can tell what your doing so far is not going to do that !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 5 of 5

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Tory Ad Campaign

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB