Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 6 of 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you ever smoked marijuana?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 21 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 35

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig prohibition exaserbates all three of the problems you list and does nothing to lessen any of them. We don't want or need your kind of help. We should be free to live our lives as we choose. It is not more unhealthy for me to use cannabis than it is for someone else to eat mcdonalds twice a day. Everything in moderation is ok even drugs.

State enforced healthiness? Big brother would love you man. I don't think the cops will like that so much when donuts make the prohibited list. Did you know that fried carbs are way more carcinogenic than even cigarettes? Why are we not arresting all those scummy french fry and donut dealers? Would you feel better if the police did house to house checks every night? They could make sure no one was growing any herbs and then tuck you in and give you a kiss goodnight?
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrGreenthumb wrote:
It is the new slavery, private prisons hire out their slaves to work for big corporations at slave wages. Whats really sick is that Bush is a major stakeholder in the private prison industry so every time a drug user goes to jail, Bush gets paid.

Yeah my take on you was totally off base mr "big erection" pfft!

You fit the profile just fine I think.

Dealers are scum? Actually I quite like all my dealers, they sell me a product that I want to buy, I fail to see the scummyness in that. All drug transactons are consensual. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy their product. I think people who force their will on others are the scum. The fact that you want to become a cop, so that you can force your morals on others explains your stance on prohibition quite nicely. It is a conflict of interest for cops to lobby for prohibition, kind of like having a health minister who is heavily invested in pharmaceutical stock.(Tony Clement)

I don't even need to demonstrate why you're an idiot - you've done a fantastic job of doing it yourself with this post..
shavluk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr g why do you bother
he has already said he is just a bored teenager,,,who cares what he thinks

we know there are extinct species still around us
don't continue to

cast your pearls before swine

as its pointless

this is the same mentality used to harm others in society else where,this fellow is probably mom alone raised and we both know what that produces,,,knowing that please ,,,,well you know,,,

at least this guy left the clan and learned to type but i think your skills would much better be used writing to editors and getting involved with a political party than to bother with this poor soul.
just my 2 cents comrade(its just a word poor soul so don't bother jumping on here with what you perceive as important because you and it are not)
biggie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and you? you can't even form a proper sentence? Yeah, you're one to be talking...

You're right, he's wasting his time - I'm not going to take advice from potheads.. and the day I do is the day I need to check into the M.H.
shavluk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"your right"

is the quote i will remeber you by,,,

i was,,,,,

NOW RUN ALONG LITTLE FELLA

goodbye
biggie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good - We don't need people like you spewing our ideals - I want people to take my ideals seriously, and someone like you would just ruin all of that..

You and I are great friends... I state my point, and you prove it for me ;)
biggie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.statcan.ca/Daily/En.....40223a.htm

Quote:
Cases in both adult and youth courts can result in multiple sentences. In 2001/02, more than half (57%) of adult drug possession cases resulting in convictions in reporting jurisdictions received a fine. Probation and prison dispositions were imposed in 28% and 12% of cases, respectively, while case convictions resulted in a conditional sentence in 1% of drug possession.

In youth court, the majority (56%) of drug possession cases resulted in a probation sentence. Community service was ordered in less than one-third of cases, while about one in five were given a fine. Courts ordered custody in 5% of youth drug possession case convictions.

In both adult and youth court, trafficking offences were dealt with more harshly than drug possession crimes. In adult court, trafficking convictions resulted in a prison sentence in 42% of cases. Probation and conditional sentences were each ordered in 30% of cases, while fines were issued in 20% of convictions.

In youth courts, probation was imposed in 83% of convicted trafficking cases, while custody (secure or open) sentences were ordered in 21% of cases and fines in 9%. Community service was imposed in 43% of youth trafficking cases.

Quote:
About one in 10 homicides involved drugs
From 1992 to 2002, 684 homicide incidents in Canada were reported to be drug-related, representing 11% of all incidents during that period.

Cocaine was involved in 60% of drug-related homicide incidents, while cannabis was involved in 20%, heroin in 5% and other unspecified drugs in 15%. In addition, 26% of all drug-related homicides were also gang-related.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/37/1/par.....llin-e.htm

Quote:
All that aside, the scientific studies conducted over the past two decades provide evidence which tends to show that drug use is one of a number of factors that may explain why some people commit criminal acts.

Quote:
Research has also clearly shown that a large percentage of crime is never reported to or investigated by police. This is all the more likely to occur with crimes related to illegal drug use. Individuals involved in these types of activities are usually consenting; as a result, they are generally not inclined to report the incidents to police. Moreover, police do not necessarily investigate incidents reported to them. It is not enough for police authorities to be aware of the incident; officers on duty must establish that the situation in question is a criminal justice matter. Briefly put, the police can choose various interpretations and actions; these can include: deciding to do nothing because they believe the situation does not require legal intervention; forwarding the case to a social assistance agency; arresting the individual involved; etc.([12])
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 6 of 6

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  

Jump to: