Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joahob

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: New Trailer for Elizabeth: The Golden Age Reply with quote

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/e/E.....81092.html

or

http://www.shekharkapur.com/go.....ailer.html

It looks even grandeur and more epical than the first.

As I understand it, Shekhar Kapur, the director, seems to envision a trilogy for 'Elizabeth'. He writes on his blog:

Quote:
It seems most likely that my next film is going to be Golden Age, not quite a sequel, but second in the trilogy that I always thought 'Elizabeth' would be. It will star Cate Blanchette once again as Elizabeth.

The film will also star Geoffrey Rush, Clive Owen, Samantha Morton and Micheal Sheen, amongst others.

'Elizabeth' was about Power. It was about survival, innocence, love betrayal and ruthlessness, all in the context of Power.

This second film is about Immortality. It is what happens to people when they are in positions of absolute power. They then aspire to 'Divinity' and feel they are set apart from 'other mortals'. The third, when it is made much later, will be about Mortality. What happens when people have considered themselves Immortal or Divine, face their own mortality.

We are still finishing the Script. This film starts about 10 years after the last one left off. On the larger political level, the film is about Elizabeth's conflict with Phillip the 2nd of Spain, who was the most powerful man in the world then. And who had sworn to turn the world Catholic, whatever the cost.

On a personal level the film deals with one of Elizabeth's greatest romantic involvements in her life, with Sir Walter Raliegh.

Shekhar
Link
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you were talking about Elizabeth May... :o

-Mac

Jump to: