Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
strong conservative

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Don't Make Cho Seung-Hui a martyr Reply with quote

I believe strongly that showing the images and video of Cho Seung-Hui holding guns and spewing hate is wrong and very damaging to the families of the victims.

I would ask other bloggers to join me in not publishing Cho's words or images and video of him brandishing guns. The only images I have used is a straight mugshots of his evil face, and I won't be putting any more images of him at all on my site.
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got my support here.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't Make Cho Seung-Hui a martyr Reply with quote

strong conservative wrote:
I believe strongly that showing the images and video of Cho Seung-Hui holding guns and spewing hate is wrong and very damaging to the families of the victims.

I would ask other bloggers to join me in not publishing Cho's words or images and video of him brandishing guns. The only images I have used is a straight mugshots of his evil face, and I won't be putting any more images of him at all on my site.

done... he's not worth the pixels.

Although, I must say that when I saw the video on O'Reilly last night, I couldn't help but feel... well I don't know what word to use to describe it. Although it made me angry, I was sitting there thinking how sad it was that this kid ended up in such a position. I don't think anyone can completely detach themselves from the fact that this kid had some serious problems, and although he went on a murderous rampage, all I saw was a scared little boy. I think this nut actually bought what he spewed on TV, and that is even more disturbing than anything.
strong conservative

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't Make Cho Seung-Hui a martyr Reply with quote

biggie wrote:

Although, I must say that when I saw the video on O'Reilly last night, I couldn't help but feel... well I don't know what word to use to describe it. Although it made me angry, I was sitting there thinking how sad it was that this kid ended up in such a position. I don't think anyone can completely detach themselves from the fact that this kid had some serious problems, and although he went on a murderous rampage, all I saw was a scared little boy. I think this nut actually bought what he spewed on TV, and that is even more disturbing than anything.

I know what you're saying, but everyone's been bullied or picked on at some point in their life. His room mate was interviewed and seemed to indicate that Cho purposefully chose to remain a recluse and a loner. I have no sympathy, there is no excuse for what he did and he'll burn in hell for it.
cerl7011

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm barely even talking about it on my blog...but no worries...I'm signing your pact...

The media attention this is getting is a bit too extreme...this kid is plastered all over the news 24/7...hell, the first 3 stories on CTV and CBC usually have their little "Virginia Tech Shootings" symbol in the corner of their title banners...stop showing the stuff this kid did...stop talking about him...stop giving him what he wanted!...

erl
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MSM already have done that :evil:
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um
Looking @ youtube the top 3 most watched vids today are his.....
The top one has been viewed 706,879 times
plus its like half of the 1st page of top vids.
This is going to affect some people in a bad way (copycats.....)
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't Make Cho Seung-Hui a martyr Reply with quote

biggie wrote:

I know what you're saying, but everyone's been bullied or picked on at some point in their life. His room mate was interviewed and seemed to indicate that Cho purposefully chose to remain a recluse and a loner. I have no sympathy, there is no excuse for what he did and he'll burn in hell for it.

I agree... we've all had hard times, and we don't go shooting people.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media is playing this up. No wonder this is becoming more frequent now-a-days.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be wondering while America is tightening the border will a similar effect occur with immigration, perhaps leading towards zero entry for foreigners.

Jump to: