Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Dion is playing a Dangerous Game Embracing May Reply with quote

For those who followed the leadership race to replace Jim Harris of the Green Party, and were able to at least follow the debates and the key topics of each candidate, it was very clear that if the Green's wanted to keep growing and slowly creep into a few ridings and become a party that was taken seriously on a series of other issues aside from the Environment, David Chernushenko was the person to do it.

If you wanted a person who would come off as a fanatic and preach the gospel according to Greenpeace, then Liz May was the way to go.

The Greens made their choice,
But on the day that Dion and May worked out their deal to give May some support in Central Nova I have to ask myself if Dion really realizes what he has allied himself with,

May wanting to pull out of NAFTA, and play chicken with our greatest partner comes to mind.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story.....reens.html

Dion has made himself crazy glue to have almost every crazy thing May has promised to stick to him,

I am really starting to think both these leaders may only see one election in their positions.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not even one?
cosmostein

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Maybe not even one?

I wonder what David Chernushenko thinks of all this?
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably still doing what he was doing before; organizing for the next leadership contest. All this does is push up the schedule.

All those Liberal voters who thought the Green party was different, I wonder what they are saying now. There is one Green supporter on here isn't there? What does he think of this?

Justice? is that the Green member of the board here?
cosmostein

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Probably still doing what he was doing before; organizing for the next leadership contest. All this does is push up the schedule.

All those Liberal voters who thought the Green party was different, I wonder what they are saying now. There is one Green supporter on here isn't there? What does he think of this?

Justice? is that the Green member of the board here?

Its interesting that May looked into the cameras a few weeks ago and swore up and down that there was no "backroom" deal with the Liberals.

She really is fitting in with the left side of the political spectrum now...
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you wanted a person who would come off as a fanatic and preach the gospel according to Greenpeace, then Liz May was the way to go.

Greens are finished.

May thinks the publicity from running against Mckay will be good for the party. Finishing 3rd is better than finishing fourth I guess.

The way you create a party is by looking credible. May looks stupid.
BLueWLU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:

May thinks the publicity from running against Mckay will be good for the party. Finishing 3rd is better than finishing fourth I guess.

I have to wonder if Elizabeth May consulted with the Green Party before making her decision to run in Central Nova. I know that she wanted to run in Atlantic Canada and everything but she had a strong showing in London-North Centre and if she wanted to try to knock off a cabinet minister the greens have polled fairly well in Saanich-Gulf Islands (Gary Lunn). She has definitely made some huge mistakes in the early months of her leadership and it'll be interesting to see if she can recover.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

his support whacky Greens will unite the undecided-voters and CPC voters
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just one more reason why there is no imminent election. Why interfere when they are eating their own so effectively? Time to just stand back, for as long as possible, and get on with running the country.

Quote:
# To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself. [That is, of course, by a mistake on the enemy's part.]

http://www.kimsoft.com/polwar4.htm
mtamisfit

Reputation: 5.7Reputation: 5.7Reputation: 5.7Reputation: 5.7Reputation: 5.7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts can be seen on my new blog the Mount A Misfit

kirbyscott.blogspot.com
cosmostein

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Quote:

Greens are finished.

Lets say I was the leader of the Green's.
Why McKay? He is generally one of the least hated among the center and left in our party, and that whole teary eyed "I just had my heart broken" interview in the field on his father farm was priceless, I am confused why he is the target?

Would it not make more sense to go after say Ambrose or Baird?
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
This is just one more reason why there is no imminent election. Why interfere when they are eating their own so effectively? Time to just stand back, for as long as possible, and get on with running the country.

According to legend, Napoleon once wrote "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." but I've never been able to confirm that.

-Mac
Mac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
Why McKay? He is generally one of the least hated among the center and left in our party, and that whole teary eyed "I just had my heart broken" interview in the field on his father farm was priceless, I am confused why he is the target?

Would it not make more sense to go after say Ambrose or Baird?

According to media reports, May says it's because MacKay didn't honour his verbal commitment to David Orchard to keep the Progressive Conservative Party out of any kind of alliance with the Reform Party.

-Mac
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
kwlafayette wrote:

According to legend, Napoleon once wrote "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." but I've never been able to confirm that.

-Mac

I though that was Sun Tzu, but really it could have been any of the great generals. Maybe Marcus Aurelius? Maybe Scipio Africanus? Maybe Atilla? Maybe Patton or Rommel? Could have been anyone who knew what they were doing.
Mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
I though that was Sun Tzu, but really it could have been any of the great generals. Maybe Marcus Aurelius? Maybe Scipio Africanus? Maybe Atilla? Maybe Patton or Rommel? Could have been anyone who knew what they were doing.

Like I said, I've never been able to confirm it. It does sound more like something by Sun Tzu, doesn't it? Maybe I'll do some more research...

-Mac
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: