Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Anglo-Sphere, but..... Reply with quote

I was reading the Toronto Star yesterday (a roomate brought it home) and there were articles about how the Canadians were taking an unfair % of casulities compared to the UK and the US. And Articles about how the Dutch were trying new tactics and should be fighting more.
WTF, makes me so mad, its Canada, UK, US, Dutch, Aus that are doing the majority of the work.
These countries are our biggest allies! These are the countries which are pulling their own weight, we should support them not get all petty!
If anything our papers should be attacking the 20ish countries which dont want to risk losing any troops!

I think that NATO has shown itself to be outdated at the current anglo-sphere is the best/most important thing Canada has going.

All this being said I wish we had resources to do things elsewhere (specifically Haiti and Darfur). We either need to expand our army OR take some resources away from our biggest (by a huge margin) mission.
Guelphfirst

Reputation: 44.2Reputation: 44.2Reputation: 44.2Reputation: 44.2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We wouldn’t be taking an unfair percentage of casualties if the Military had all the equipment it needed. Like helicopters….it safer and easier to fly to your point of destination then to drive along a roadway…a roadway where the enemy lays in wait…

Thank God the LPC saved us all that money by cutting back on military funding....
ebolablue

Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe, in terms of percentage, we're also taking heavier casualties than the U.S. in Iraq....
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guelphfirst wrote:
We wouldn’t be taking an unfair percentage of casualties if the Military had all the equipment it needed. Like helicopters….it safer and easier to fly to your point of destination then to drive along a roadway…a roadway where the enemy lays in wait…

Thank God the LPC saved us all that money by cutting back on military funding....

They are to blame for each one of our soldiers' death in Afghanistan.

I really can not hide my resentment for liberals any more. :twisted:
triple M

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What irks me is the needless killing by the taliban, Canada and Nato are not in Afghanistan to occupy your land. What we are there for is to stabilize your nation that has been in constant war mode and build a democracy. Now I understand that the taliban sees a different vision of Afghanistan and that is fine but can it not present this vision via democracy. And if people want it than fine but please reject your present tactics, reject the radicals. Maybe I'm naïve, I don’t know but I remember another episode of needless killing this was in Somalia in 93(I’m actually from there) when we ran the peacekeepers out since than there has been nothing but chaos and I fear the same would happen if we were to ever leave Afghanistan.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

triple M wrote:
What irks me is the needless killing by the taliban, Canada and Nato are not in Afghanistan to occupy your land. What we are there for is to stabilize your nation that has been in constant war mode and build a democracy. Now I understand that the taliban sees a different vision of Afghanistan and that is fine but can it not present this vision via democracy. And if people want it than fine but please reject your present tactics, reject the radicals. Maybe I'm naïve, I don’t know but I remember another episode of needless killing this was in Somalia in 93(I’m actually from there) when we ran the peacekeepers out since than there has been nothing but chaos and I fear the same would happen if we were to ever leave Afghanistan.

They dont care and understand

Jump to: