Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebolablue

Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6Reputation: 9.6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you massa Mahmood, you so kind an benevolent.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the second taking of British sailors in the region. I wonder how long till the third act of war goes ignored and unchallenged? I guess you could consider it the fourth act of war, as illegally supplying terrorists in Iraq, leading to the death of your forces, could easily be considered an act of war.

I give the Western world about 2 more decades, maybe less. We do not have the will to defend ourselves anymore, let alone help anyone else. It is kind of shocking how different we are from the "best generation" of our grandparents. Someone tell me again how morality is all relative, and how that kind of stuff has no effect on society.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston Churchill was a Prime Minister in the right moment at the right time, but a bad admiral, who put a bad General in command of his forces, Monty. Chamberlin is back in charge in a time when we need the Churchill's, the Washington's the Patton's, & the Alexanders. :cry:
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebola said
Quote:
I'm saying, in the eyes of 90% of the world (obviously not including BloggingTories), the Iranians have the 'moral' highground because of the Geneva violations that the Americans have been tossing around, and the 'illegal' occupation of Iraq. Losing your ability to clearly say "we're the good guys" is a massive impediment towards being able to implement effective soft power.

Your right. It's like the Liberals and the Tories. The Liberals lie(just like the Iranians)d for 12 years and everyone just shrugs because that's what they expect from Liberals. But the Tories break one little promise(or 2) and all hell breaks loose. When we brought Emerson in and flipped on income trusts we lost the moral high ground(even though we kept 90% of our promises.
Guelphfirst

Reputation: 44.2Reputation: 44.2Reputation: 44.2Reputation: 44.2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
Winston Churchill was a Prime Minister in the right moment at the right time, but a bad admiral, who put a bad General in command of his forces, Monty. Chamberlin is back in charge in a time when we need the Churchill's, the Washington's the Patton's, & the Alexanders. :cry:

I don't fully agree with what you said, but I love how you said it. Well done!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: