Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
I Ror Canadian

Reputation: 7.2Reputation: 7.2Reputation: 7.2Reputation: 7.2Reputation: 7.2Reputation: 7.2Reputation: 7.2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Making Complaints - Liberal Media Reply with quote

Hi. I'm a new kid on the block. Just joined after finding your site from Proud to be Canadian site.
I have recently came out of my shell after listening to enough Liberal media of Conservative/Harper bashing. The poor coverage of Harpers contribution to AID and the disgusting remark by Mary Walsh calling Conservatives "Arse Lickers of Satan" embarrasing Minister Peter McKay at The East Coast Music awards show last Sunday nite.
Enough is enough. I submitted two complaints directly to CTV about the bias AIDS coverage and to CBC about Walsh's ignorant comment. So far no reply from either one, but thats to be expected by arrogant media people. However I intend to follow up my complaints to the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council (www.cbsc.ca) early next week.
I would strongly encourage those who are tired of lousy Liberal media coverage to visit this site for information and start making complaints about every unfair, biased, derogatory news story coverage. Just keep piling them in - eventually they'll get the point, their behavior is unacceptable as set out by the Standards Council. Next step will be the CRTC and then to "Heratige Canada" who funds these networks with our taxpayers money.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first off - Welcome! If you like to talk politics, particularly Canadian Politics - you've come to the right place. There's a pretty good mix of experience and knowledge around here. Some of us run our own blogs, some of us just spend copious amounts of time reading other blogs(and news) - and I think a good deal of us do both.

With your comments regarding the media - I have on several ocassions complained about media coverage on certain topics. I find it is usually an exersize in futility, but it is important to keep it up. If we have enough people making some noise we just may start to see some change. good job.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coddos fellow Maritimer, look at Ontario & Quebec, what ever they vote dictates the media slant.
Forward

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Complaining to the media, ABOUT the media is useless. I met several of these people when I was in college and they were, almost without exception, arrogant, self righteous, smart alecks with superiority complexes.

I had the opportunity to carefully examine the courses, workload, and assignments these people took in obtaining their journalism diplomas and I can't, for the life of me understand why they are so elitist. They don't KNOW anything. They look down their noses at every other group in society and cast their snide judgements on everyone by carefully cherry picking which facts and stories will be written or broadcast. These "cherry picked" news stories will always have the secondary result of portraying the news media as an endlesly compassionate hero of the common man.

Examples When was the last time you read a NEWS STORY that was NOT sympathetic to the gay lobby or native activists?

When was the last time you read or heard a news story about the homeless that didn't reek of phoney compassion and portray ALL homeless as helpless victims?

When was the last time you heard of some one who WAS NOT WHITE accused of racism in a news story?

If you answered NEVER to all these questions you pretty much have it right.

I CHALLENGE ANY journalist who reads this to publically I.D. themselves as a journalist (don't give your name) and argue against the assertions I have made.

Of course that will never happen.
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We the Martimes are nothing more then a Puppet Province of the Liberals.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forward wrote:
Welcome. Complaining to the media, ABOUT the media is useless.

I don't think this is always true. Journalists are people too. I email them and often get responses. I think they can be influenced.

Also, with the internet, if we expose their bias enough we reduce their influence (people will see them for what they are) and we might even force them to moderate their reporting. Stephen Taylor exposed extreme bias by Christina Lewand and the CBC was forced to apologize on air the next day.

Jump to: