Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:

And you are of course correct that the war in Northern Europe and Italy was more “civilized” than the wars in the East and the Pacific (less wars of extermination and racism)

Yes, because the Japanese did not accept International law; whereas the germans did. Hitler always had a great deal of respect for the British and American's. Many historians have concluded that he never wanted to go to war with the British(his many futile attempts at peace with them is a good indication of this as well). This is also why he fought hard to keep the Americans out of it; he saw them as one in the same with the German people.

The Japanese at that time saw anyone who wasn't japanese as inferior, almost un-human. Thus, any attrocities committed were well within their rights. Now, the American's also committed a lot of these, but the actions were condemned at the highest levels(of course, you've been watching your friends drop like flies fighting these guys, you're wound up and angry, kind of hard to not have these things happening)
biggie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

Any other superpower in history would have laid claim to Iraq. They would have planted their flag and called it their own.

I'm so sick and tired of this suggestion that it is OUR fault. That we are imperialistic and egocentric. The United States of America deserves a HUGE thank you from the world. And that includes all the pathetic islamists burning the American flag.

EXACTLY.... For me, I see us as no different from Americans. We all have the same values, the same respect for freedom and the same desire to help the rest of the world(even when they refuse to help themselves). So when people are condemning the United States for being "imperialistic" I get so angry. They haven't expanded their "colonies" in any way, shape, or form.

They took out a mad dictator that only a decade earlier brutally enslaved the people of neighbouring kuwait, and threatened to attack Saudi Arabia. This, after a long and deadly war with Iran! This is a man who had attempted to obtain nuclear weapons, had used chemical weapons on his own people, and even tortured babies in front of their parents to get them to confess to things that they may or may not have done.

This is all driven by concerned citizens who don't realize the damage they're doing; and that they've picked the wrong side. Also, the propoganda machine of the radicals and their media in arab states. This anti-americanism is pretty pathetic from many of these countries, where billions of dollars of american aid and forgiven debt have gone.. Palestine, for example; some ungrateful, hateful people in that country condemn the west, and we continue to send them billions!!(Not to mention all the money Israel gives them).

Everyone should be extremely grateful that the United States is the world's superpower; because the United States is the only country with the moral conscious to actually protect the rest of the planet and ask nothing in return.
biggie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:

The US attempted to do the invasion of Iraq on the cheap. They should have had 600,000 people (1 for every 50 Iraqis) to OCCUPY Iraq.
Instead they used something like 300,000 to invade and then immediately cut troop levels.
Why should I thank the US for messing up a war they choose to fight?
I love America and I love Americans but knee-jerk pro-Americanism is just as bad as knee-jerk anti-Americanism.
I see this as grey not black (everything the us does is bad) or white (everything they do is good).

Aren't you the same person that not even 5 posts ago was talking about not being "harsh"? So if I can understand this properly, your theory only applies where???

Because they invaded Iraq in precisely the same way you've been suggesting they should have; and yet you're not satisfied with the results?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

Jump to: