Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Where were you on 9/11? Reply with quote

Where were you on September 11th, 2001? What were you doing?

Read about me here:

http://thespiritofman.blogspot.....-iran.html
palomino_pony

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had just moved (Sept 10th) to my new place and did not have Internet or the cable set up. I went to work as normal, but the trip in was very strange. I took the SkyTrain into downtown Vancouver, and it was a lot emptier than normal, especially with return to work and school. No one was talking, which I thought was odd as the morning train is typically packed and a lot conversations happening. It was not until I made it the office and someone had told me that I found out. After that, we were all glued to the Internet and we had hooked up a TV in the boardroom.
CC Scott

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was my first year of university I was at home for most of the morning because I had a class cancelled that day. My mom came into my room and said that a plane had hit the WTC. So naturally I thought it must have been a small commuter plane. I watched for a few minutes until the second plane hit the other tower. After that it was a kind of numb feeling having to watch the towers burn and then eventually fall. All I can remember was saying that Al Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden were responsible for it (of course that came out later). The sh*tty thing is I had to go to university after that. I was numb for the whole day.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was up early that morning for field studies as part of one of my college courses - the news came over the radio while we were travelling in a large passenger van. The prof turned up the radio and we sat almost total silence for an hour listening to it.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just arrived at work. We were given the day off...
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was working nights and I literally turned off the TV just as it was happening. My girlfriend came and woke me up before she left for work and told me about it, but it was so hard to believe I thought she was making it up. After she left I got up, turned on CNN and sat on the couch all day, drinking coffee and swearing.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember coming to work, not having watched the news that morning. It was quite a shock when people were talking about the towers coming down. I thought it was some kind of joke.
overthesea

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had just gotten up, and was little panicked because we were going to be late for school. My parents and brother were in the living room watching TV. I asked what was going on and my dad said "America was under attack." I almost didn't believe him at that point, but it was at that point I knew in my heart what was going on. It was so numb and so amazing...my school pulled the TV out in the library, let us all bring food in there and we all just watched as CNN played the footage over and over again. It was incredible...I just remember feeling numb, nothing at all.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its still the same today. That live footage is incredible. I feel the exact disbelief that i did 5 years ago.
jw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was babysitting granddaughter and a few other todlers, my wife was working. I turned on the local country music station as I normally do and heard that a plane had hit the WTC. I turned on CNN just in time to see the second plane hit.

I had all the TV's in the house on for the rest of the day. I was feeding the newborn when the first building fell.

My wife called to ask me to keep special watch as her co-worker's daughter worked on the 90 somethingth floor of the south tower ... that daughter, we later learned, wasn't in NYC on that day.
McGuire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At home watching the whole thing unfold

Jump to: