Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toronto Centre

votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:

Instead, he says allowing cities to ban handguns would help municipal authorities deal with the fact that many gun crimes are committed with legal guns."[/b]
https://globalnews.ca/news/4367357/jagmeet-singh-ban-handguns/ [/i]

Glad we could clear that up. IOW, he didnt say what RCO posted
Thanks for that.

Quote:

Please give us the data ... or at least your reasons for believing that a lot of legal gun-owners sell their guns without ensuring the registration is changed to a licensed gun-owner?

Nice try. Are there some legal , or straw purchasers , owners who have sold to the black market ? Of course there are. I am doubtful that the police (who have been pushing this) are the ones with the info but we also know they like to fudge everything to their advantage.
Quote:

But, really, lacking any information about the gun used,

I have seen you post this, but I wonder what diff it makes ? We know it was a handgun and not an AR15 or AK or long gun.
Whats the diff if it were a Glock versus a Colt versus a Sig Sauer?
Quote:
-- what were the shooter's motives? Was he picking targets? Any thoughts on that? Or are you going with the PR release?
Answers take time .
I am fairly sure we will find out in due course
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singh did say that a lot of the guns used in crime were legal guns. End of story. He was backing up John Tory who made the same claim. The only data I have seen on this came from guns turned in during a "gun amnesty". You can't generalize to anything from a study like that.

But it would be nice to know what kind of weapons were available to him. A lot of them would never be allowed into the hands of the Canadian public. My feeling is they would not have revealed that info unless it was meaningful ... and they are treating it like it's evidence. Why wouldn't you want to know?

What about the hinky brother? Don't you want to know how he got involved with 42 kilos of carfentanil. They say one grain of this stuff can kill an addict. OK there are 15.4 grains in a gram, and there are 42,000 grams. That would be about 640,000 killing doses!

It is deadly enough that the shooter's brother got put in a permanent coma from handling the stuff. Who knows -- it sounds like he was living in a stash house. But this much of the drug would be stepped on several times before it was sold. It has to be a huge operation. We are being told nothing. It's a blackout.

There is the thought that it would be deadly to put a lot of carfentanil in a bomb, dispersing it over a large area and kill a lot of people. No proof of that -- but if the police had it, would they tell us?
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
Singh did say that a lot of the guns used in crime were legal guns.

"A lot" is probably hyperbole. Many? Some? ....but what is a lot?
Quote:

But it would be nice to know what kind of weapons were available to him.

I imagine you will find out. But its more or less irrelevant .
Its kind of like asking a bootlegger after his arrest what type of beer did he sell. Unless its some light beer in which the death penalty should come into play.

Quote:
A lot of them would never be allowed into the hands of the Canadian public.

Not exactly. Many guns otherwise illegal are legally owned due to grandfathered regulations.
Quote:
Why wouldn't you want to know?
Simply due to the fact that I dont feel it matters. It was a handgun. If it were a grenade launcher (legal) perhaps I would want to know.
Quote:

What about the hinky brother? Don't you want to know how he got involved with 42 kilos of carfentanil.

No not really. I can surmise he got with the wrong crowd . ....and he is in a coma.

Quote:
We are being told nothing. It's a blackout.

Um....I dont think so. You arent being told about a completely separate matter that isnt linked (so far) and that upsets you? Why?
Bugs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still ... 42 kilos of carfentanil seem like a lot.

And 30+ handguns ... Mayor Tory says he can't understand why anyone needs a handgun, so you'd think 30 of them would raise some flags.

Just something that's something completely different? Two different cases?

What were the shooters motives? If he was just angry, and had a pounding headache, why didn't he shoot up his own neighbourhood like other loonies do?

Maybe it was because there were so few Christians around.
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( tory is once again asking for a law that somehow bans the sale of hand guns in Toronto , although such a law would be unlikely to reduce crime as the criminals aren't buying there guns legally within city limits to begin with )

Toronto mayor renews call for ban on handgun sales in letter to Trudeau

Tory and Trudeau
Toronto Mayor John Tory recently penned a letter to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, urging him to consider a law that would ban the sale of handguns in the city. (THE CANADIAN PRESS/Christopher Katsarov/Justin Tang)

Codi Wilson, CTV News Toronto
Published Monday, August 6, 2018 12:48PM EDT

The mayor of Toronto has penned a letter to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau renewing his call for a ban on the sale of handguns in the city.

In the letter, which Mayor John Tory’s office sent out to members of the media on Monday, he urged the federal government to work with the city on a number initiatives aimed at addressing gun violence, including a ban on the sale of handguns within city limits.

“I would ask again as you have heard me ask publicly before: why does anyone in the city of Toronto need a gun? I think this is an important question worth asking and, frankly, if we don't have a good answer for that question then it’s time we do something about it,” Tory wrote.

“I write to you today as the Mayor but also as a father and grandfather who has met with families who have lost their loved ones to gun violence. I believe it is my job to try to comfort them and express our city's collective sorrow for their loss. But I also believe it is my job to seek action, it is my job to make sure we don't just talk about banning handguns and strengthening our laws but that we actually ban handguns and we actually strengthen those laws.”

Toronto city council recently voted in favour of a motion urging Ottawa to step up and support the city’s efforts in tackling gun violence.

In his letter to Trudeau, Tory outlined the steps the city has taken to address the situation.

“We discussed in depth both prevention and intervention strategies to deal with this urgent issue, and identified strategies in three key areas - community investments, police resourcing and gun control – that we are asking the federal government to work with us on,” Tory wrote.

The city is requesting millions in federal funding for community investments as well as additional resources for police, including $15 million for more CCTV cameras and additional security in areas most affected by gun violence.

Tory also requested that Ottawa improve federal legislation and bail guidelines.

“We ask that the federal government conduct a complete and expeditious review of bail guidelines and procedures applied to those already on bail, previously convicted of offenses involving the possession or use of illegal firearms, or previously convicted of the use of a firearm in the commission of a crime,” Tory wrote.

“We want to ensure that repeat gun offenders not be granted bail in the event of a subsequent gun charge and remain in custody until the charges have been disposed of by the judicial system.”

Tory’s letter comes in the wake of a mass shooting on the Danforth that claimed the lives of a 10-year-old girl and an 18-year-old woman and left more than a dozen injured.

“On your recent visit to Toronto you said that one of our single greatest responsibilities as elected officials is ensuring public safety and you know I wholeheartedly agree. One of the purposes of your visit was to pay respects to those affected by the violence that has afflicted our city in recent weeks,” Tory said.

“I also know from our discussions and your public statements that your government wants to work with the City of Toronto to help address gun crime. As you know, this violence is taking lives, leaving families and our communities devastated as they look for answers and actions, some of which must come from us.”

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/toronto-mayor-renews-call-for-ban-on-handgun-sales-in-letter-to-trudeau-1.4042299
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:

The city is requesting millions in federal funding for community investments as well as additional resources for police, including $15 million for more CCTV cameras and additional security in areas most affected by gun violence.

Tory also requested that Ottawa improve federal legislation and bail guidelines.

“We ask that the federal government conduct a complete and expeditious review of bail guidelines and procedures applied to those already on bail, previously convicted of offenses involving the possession or use of illegal firearms, or previously convicted of the use of a firearm in the commission of a crime,” Tory wrote.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/toronto-mayor-renews-call-for-ban-on-handgun-sales-in-letter-to-trudeau-1.4042299

Those two items will do far more to curb gun violence than anything else mentioned.

Good on Tory.
Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, the untold part of this story is not changing bail conditions based on gang-membership. It's the motives of the shooter in this case.

Is there a single piece of objective evidence that the shooter suffered from mental tortures? If so, I have failed to see it. I take it to mean there is none.

Which leaves us with the question -- why would a follower of Allah take an illegal gun and clips of ammunition on a bus -- itself a crime -- then take a subway ride, to get off and start shooting randomly at people in the crowd. The way he walked jauntily down the street reminded me of the Joker, as he walks away from a hospital, explosions going off behind him.

The thing is ... his family associate with some really bad people. Moslems with guns and drugs! What does that tell you?

So, why was he killing Christians that late afternoon?
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( according to this recent article , liberals now say the current laws are effective but will consider additional restrictions in certain parts of the country ? didn't know the firearms act or criminal code could be amended to only apply to certain cities . )

Gun violence a ‘significant concern’ for Canadians, Bill Blair says

By Teresa Wright, The Canadian Press. Published on Aug 9, 2018 5:33am

Bill Blair, the new minister of Border Security. iPolitics/Matthew Usherwood

OTTAWA — Canada’s handgun laws are effective, but the federal government will consider additional restrictions in certain parts of the country along with any other measures to help reduce gun violence, says the new minister of border security and reducing organized crime. Bill Blair is acknowledging that the latest rash of shootings — most recently in Toronto

https://ipolitics.ca/2018/08/09/gun-violence-a-significant-concern-for-canadians-bill-blair-says/
Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other words, the publicity machine used gun control to "trigger" us, distracting us from the real questions of the Danforth massacre. Returning to that ...

What was the motive of the shooter?

Specifically. what is the evidence of menta problems? What kind of handgun was used? Why is that a secret?

Why don't the officials want to know?
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:

Specifically. what is the evidence of menta problems? What kind of handgun was used? Why is that a secret?

Why don't the officials want to know?

Um...really really simple.

Theres a court case coming up and one should never divulge until such time.

You Alex Jones types can feast on the lube and kleenex for awhile longer .
Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The killer is dead. It doesn't seem a trial will be very productive. And Canadian courts? Sorry, but I stifle my contempt only with difficulty.

But at least we have put the gun control diversion to bed. Now we can return to the real question.

What was the shooter's motive?

It's the question all the officials want to avoid. Or lie about. Why?

By the way, tell us more about this court case you refer to? Or is it just more manipulation?
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See....the Police know folks who are impatient and want to further their own agendas start screaming . Not too bad a tactic since the first story sticks but they dont care nor give a shit what some conspiracy goofs promulgate.

In due course grasshopper..in due course.

So...whaddaya know about the Las Vegas shooting that happened last fall? Not much...nothing?

Gosh....must be a conspiracy afoot.

LOL!
Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See ... da police have an agenda. Dey wanna keep the louts from getting upset just because there was a Moslem dude walking down the Danforth picking off those he thought it would be fun to see die.

What was the shooter's motive?

Why did he do it? What has it to do with the 83 kilos of carfentanil and 30+ guns that were found at his brother's place? This happened a year ago. The investigation (if any) has already been completed, surely.

TC snarks back some drivel about 'conspiracy theories' -- my problem is I am trying to find an explanation OTHER THAN that its another Jihadist. TC reacts that way too (which makes me realize I am operating out of the lizard part of my brain). But as awful as it seems, if I am wondering what's going on, and TC is trying to keep from wondering that.

Doesn't that indicate that the question occurs to everybody? And that nobody wants it to be true?

And that's exactly why we need truthful fact-based answers.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just when you think you explain things, you go full on crackers.

It takes time, time to vet sources , time to investigate all angles, time to sort it all out.

So, all your questions are valid, just not right now.

It takes time. Sheesh.
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( ford is against the idea of a hand gun ban that targets legal owners and instead wants to focus on the criminals who carry guns )

Ford rejects calls for handgun ban, backs gun owners who are also ‘good guys’

By Marieke Walsh. Published on Aug 9, 2018 11:20am

Ontario Premier Doug Ford answers questions from journalists as Ontario Attorney General Caroline Mulroney looks on during a press announcement at the Queens Park Legislature in Toronto on Thursday, August 9, 2018. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Chris Young

TORONTO — Premier Doug Ford says he’s against a handgun ban in Toronto because he only wants to go after the “bad guys” that are handgun owners. City council asked for a handgun ban in the wake of a deadly mass shooting in Toronto’s Greek Town. But at a press conference on Thursday Ford said he doesn’t

https://ipolitics.ca/2018/08/09/ford-rejects-calls-for-handgun-ban-backs-gun-owners-who-are-also-good-guys/

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next  

Jump to: