Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armstrong confirmed as Conservative candidate in Cumberland-Colchester

Darrell Cole (darrell.cole@amherstnews.ca)

Published: a day ago
Updated: 20 hours ago

Sets up possible rematch with Liberal MP Bill Casey

AMHERST – A familiar face will be representing Conservatives in Cumberland-Colchester during next fall’s federal election.

Scott Armstrong has been confirmed as the candidate for the party, potentially setting up a rematch with Liberal Bill Casey, who soundly defeated the veteran MP in the 2015 federal election that ended more than a decade of Conservative rule.

“Andrew Sheer is why I have decided to run. He’s a good friend of mine and he’s not one to be under-estimated. He’s going to surprise people in 2019,” said Armstrong.

The 52-year-old school teacher and principal, who is the co-chair of PC MLA Elizabeth Smith-McCrossin’s provincial party leadership campaign, was first elected in a 2009 by-election and was re-elected in 2012.

He served as the party’s Atlantic caucus chair and following his defeat served as the party’s critic for Atlantic Canada and the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency. He surrendered that post in September 2016 when he returned to the classroom.

“I’m in this to win,” said Armstrong. “I enjoyed tremendous support in all three of the elections I ran in and we cannot forget the (2015) election was a Liberal sweep of Atlantic Canada. Times have changed since then. We have a different leader and different policies.”

Armstrong said a lot has changed since that election. Armstrong said the party is in much better shape, with many polls putting the Conservatives equal or ahead of the Liberals. He pointed to a recent by-election in Quebec, that saw the Conservatives takes a longtime Liberal seat, as an example of how voters are again showing support for his party.

“The honeymoon for Mr. Trudeau is over and you’ll see a lot of traditional Conservative seats in Atlantic Canada, like this one, switch back in 2019,” he said.

He said Sheer’s policies will be friendly to families and young Canadians as well as the economy of Atlantic Canada, which he says has suffered under the Liberals.

“He’s someone that people in rural parts of Nova Scotia and Canada can relate to,” Armstrong said.

He said east-west pipeline would have created jobs in Atlantic Canada, but the federal government cancelled to appease environmentalists in Quebec, while the government’s planned carbon tax will add to the cost of transportation – something he said will punish rural areas that don’t have access to public transit and impact the fishery that depends on fuel.

The former MP said the Liberals have also increased taxes on small business, which he considers the backbone of Atlantic Canada’s economy.

“Implementing the carbon tax is going to add to the cost of doing business in Atlantic Canada and is going to hurt the economy,” he said. “People in rural Canada have to drive to get to work and to get around. People living in the cities can take a bus to get to work, but those of us living in rural Canada don’t have that option. It’s going to cost more for the loggers, the truckers and the fishers.”

http://www.trurodaily.com/news.....er-224877/
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the cpc twitter page also shows Harpreet Singh ( surrey newton BC ) and Bobby Singh ( scarborough rogue park ) as candidates

Conservative Party‏Verified account @CPC_HQ · Jul 10

Congratulations to Harpreet Singh, our newest candidate! #cdnpoli

Conservative Party‏Verified account @CPC_HQ · 20h20 hours ago

Congratulations to Bobby Singh, our newest candidate! #cdnpoli
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a low-level purge is taking place within the Conservative Party. Scheer has managed to get rid of most of his real rivals for the leadership and there are rumours that Bernier won't stand for re-election.

At some point, the question becomes one of why support the Conservative Party? Is the only reason to get rid of the present bunch of loons now controlling government? Give me another reason I should donate to the foremost spokesman for the Dairy Industry of Quebec, presently posing as the foremost spokesperson of conservatism in Canada!

It's like politics is something for the relief of a migraine, rather than a search for a government that is a positive force in common people's everyday lives.
RCO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Federal politics

Surrey’s Laurie Guerra seeks nomination as Conservative candidate in Fleetwood-Port Kells

Former city council candidate steps down as president of Autism BC to make federal bid
Jul. 17, 2018 10:57 a.m./
Local News/
News

SURREY — Laurie Guerra is seeking nomination as the Conservative candidate for Fleetwood-Port Kells, one of the B.C. ridings to watch in the 2019 federal election.

“I’ve always been active in this community, stood up for what I believed in, and when it was time to put my money where my mouth was, I joined the party that aligned most with my values; the Conservative Party of Canada,” she said in a release announcing her nomination bid.

After pursuing a successful career as a professional dancer, actress and model in Vancouver, Los Angeles and Toronto as well as touring worldwide promoting a televised fitness series, Laurie settled in Surrey where she worked as a licensed realtor, fitness and yoga instructor, office administrator, as well as owned a building/renovation/development company.

She has been an active board director on Autism BC organization for the past 15 years and is stepping down as president to devote her time to the race to nomination.

In 2014, Guerra ran for city council under the Safe Surrey banner. She lives in the Fleetwood-Port Kells area with her husband and five children.

One of Surrey’s five ridings, Fleetwood-Port Kells has traditionally elected Reform/Alliance/Conservative MPs since eastern Surrey was given its own seat in 1997. The riding was represented by Conservative MP Nina Grewal from 2004 to 2015. Liberal Ken Hardie defeated Grewal in 2015.

https://www.surreynowleader.com/news/surreys-laurie-guerra-seeks-nomination-as-conservative-candidate-in-fleetwood-port-kells/
RCO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Desroches looking to become federal Conservative candidate in Nepean

The long-time city councillor said there have been many people in the community urging him to seek the nomination.
59 shares
a day ago by: OttawaMatters Staff

2018-07-16 steve desroches
Steve Desroches. Photo/ @SteveDesroches on Twitter

Former Ottawa City Councillor and Deputy Mayor Steve Desroches wants to return to politics.

He told The Rick Gibbons Show on 1310 NEWS, he plans to seek the Conservative Party of Canada nomination in Nepean for the next federal election.

Desroches said he has heard from several members of the community who would like to see him step back into the political arena.

"It was an honour to serve the community for eight years as a city councillor," he explained. "There are a number of concerns that I have about the direction of this country, and the direction of Barrhaven and Nepean."

One of his concerns is whether or not police will have the resources they need once recreational marijuana is legal.

Desroches was first elected as the councillor for Gloucester-South Nepean in 2006 and was re-elected in 2010.

He did not run in the last municipal election, and now works for the federal government.

The public service has given him the opportunity to take a leave of absence so he can run for the nomination.

https://www.ottawamatters.com/local-news/steve-deroches-looking-to-become-federal-conservative-candidate-in-nepean-986974
RCO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( Sean Weir has officially been named the Oakville North Burlington candidate )

Conservative Party‏Verified account @CPC_HQ · 15h15 hours ago

Welcome Sean Weir to the Conservative Team! The momentum is building for our positive Conservative vision - SHARE the good news!

You can read more about him here: http://cpcp.cc/x9FA3g #cdnpoli
RCO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( by election candidate Mike Windsor has been re nominated in Bonavista Burin Trinity Newfoundland )

Conservative Party‏Verified account @CPC_HQ · Jul 19

We're putting our 2019 team together NOW! SHARE to spread the good news and congratulate Mike Windsor! #cdnpoli
RCO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( James Cumming has also been nominated in Edmonton Centre )

Conservative Party‏Verified account @CPC_HQ · Jul 19

Welcome James Cumming to the Conservative Team! The momentum is building for our positive Conservative vision - SHARE the good news! #cdnpoli
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:
( Sean Weir has officially been named the Oakville North Burlington candidate )

Conservative Party‏Verified account @CPC_HQ · 15h15 hours ago

Welcome Sean Weir to the Conservative Team! The momentum is building for our positive Conservative vision - SHARE the good news!

You can read more about him here: http://cpcp.cc/x9FA3g #cdnpoli

Oakville North—Burlington was close in 2015 around 3%;
Its a riding that should turn in 2019.
RCO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( in Nipissing Temiscaming they appear to be in need of a new candidate as Jay Aspin not running again it appears )

Aspin tosses hat in ring

'I feel strongly that we must challenge ourselves to move beyond mediocrity in our community to achieve a culture of excellence to ensure our children are best equipped for the future'
12 shares
about an hour ago by: BayToday Staff

20180724 jay aspin

Jay Aspin is running for a seat on the Near North District School Board. Submitted.

There had been speculation that former MP Jay Aspin would seek the mayor's or council seat, but this afternoon he made it official...he's running for a spot on the Near North School Board.

In a news release, Aspin says today's challenges require individuals with extensive background, leadership skills, and pertinent capabilities to assist them during this period of unprecedented transition.

"I have always had a passion for education and therefore to help address this challenge I have submitted my name as a candidate for the Near North District School Board in the coming October election.

"Education is extremely important in today’s world. To that end, I feel strongly that we must challenge ourselves to move beyond mediocrity in our community to achieve 'a culture of excellence' to ensure our children are best equipped for the future. Vision, transparency, accountability, accessibility, and innovation will be my guiding principles. Our Near North District School Board must reach its full potential and therefore during the campaign, I will propose a strong platform to pursue this 'culture of excellence.'"

Aspin believes public school trusteeship would permit him the opportunity to continue to serve.

Aspin is no stranger to politics, serving:
•18 years as a member of North Bay City Council
•nine years as a trustee on the Nipissing Board of Education
•eight years as a trustee on the Near North District School Board
•five years as the MP for Nipissing-Timiskaming.

https://www.baytoday.ca/local-news/aspin-tosses-hat-in-ring-994393
RCO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Langley business woman seeking Conservative nod

Tamara Jansen wanting to be MP for Cloverdale-Langley City following next year’s federal election.
Roxanne Hooper/

Jul. 31, 2018 5:00 p.m./
Local News/
News

A Langley woman well known for her right-leaning views is preparing to throw her hat in the ring for federal politics.

Tamara Jansen will officially announce she is seeking the nomination to be the Conservative Party of Canada candidate for the Cloverdale – Langley City riding dduring the upcoming federal election.

Jansen is a well-known Langley entrepreneur, who has since retired but is still somewhat active in the family business – Darvonda Nurseries in Milner.

In recent years she has become an advocate on the local and national stage for issues.

She’s been vocal on issues such as pro-life and medically assisted dying, provincial payroll health care tax, and most recently she spoke out against the federal government’s requirements for companies applying for summer job grants.

She’ll be making her announcment official in Cloverdale, at 17465 60th Ave. in Surrey, on Wednesday, Aug. 1, at 6 p.m.

https://www.aldergrovestar.com/news/langley-business-woman-seeking-conservative-nod/
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservatives vote Aug. 11 for candidate

Posted on August 1, 2018 by Bill Kingston

in Athens, Augusta, Brockville, Edwardsburgh/Cardinal, Elizabethtown-Kitley, Front of Yonge, Gananoque, Leeds and the Thousand Islands, Merrickville-Wolford, News, North Grenville, Prescott, Rideau Lakes, Westport // 0 Comments

BROCKVILLE – Conservative members in Leeds-Grenville will pick their candidate in about a week-and-a-half for an upcoming by-election in Leeds-Grenville, Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes.

The nomination meeting will be on Aug. 11 at the Brockville Memorial Center to find a Conservative member to replace the late MP Gord Brown.

The five candidates – Colin Brown, Stephanie Mitton, Anne Johnston, Henry Oosterhof and Michael Barrett – are expected to make speeches before the voting.

The voting goes from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.

The ranked balloting will go until one candidate gets over half the vote.

A date for a by-election has not been set but has to be scheduled by the end of October.

http://www.brockvillenewswatch.....candidate/
RCO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( although unlikely to be major players in the Outremont by election , the cpc just nominated Jasmine Louras as a candidate , a sign they feel the by election will take place soon )

Jasmine Louras‏ @JasmineLouras · 1h1 hour ago

Very honored to be the @CPC_HQ candidate for the #Outremont by-election. I am already at work to represent the interests of my constituents. Let's send a strong message to the Liberals: people must come before the government! #cdnpoli #pccqc
RCO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd Martens seeking Federal Conservative nomination

By Eoin Devereux

Neepawa Banner & Press

A new candidate had thrown his name into the race to replace outgoing Dauphin-Swan River-Neepawa M.P. Robert Sopuck. Floyd Martens of Roblin has formally announced he is seeking the Conservative nomination for the riding. Martens is the second person to officially step forward, as former KAP president Dan Mazier announced his intentions earlier in the summer. Both men are looking to fill the position currently held by Sopuck, who announced back in May that he would not run in the next federal election.

In an interview with the Banner & Press, Martens discussed the experience that he brings to this opportunity.

“I moved to Roblin about 30 years ago in the mid-80s. I came here to pastor for one of the churches and I was pastoring for a couple churches in Roblin for a number of years. In 1992, I became school trustee for what was [at the time] Intermountain and is now Mountain View School Division. I served as a trustee for at least 26 years. I’ve also served recently as the president of the school board association. Currently, I’m serving in the roles of past president. And for the last few years, I served as the president of the Canadian School Board Association [CSBA], having just recently completed my term in that position.” stated Martens

Marten noted that making the decision to run was a difficult one, but one that he and his family are feeling very positive about.

“When I heard the Robert Sopuck had decided not to run again, It made me think about ‘Is this the time or is this the opportunity to step up and step into this role. After much consideration, I decided that this is the time to do it and so, I am seeking the nomination for the party,” Martens said. “My experience the last several years, certainly on a national scale [with the CSBA] has allowed me to be in various parts of Canada and see things from a national perspective. So it became, something I thought I had to offer. A voice that moves towards getting things done.”

The next step in the nomination process will see the sale of party memberships throughout the region. Martens acknowledges that while Mazier does have an advantage in that regard, due to starting earlier, he is confident that he will be able to make up ground and prove himself as a viable option.

“That process is well underway. An advantage I feel I have is that I know people across the region who are extremely supportive and looking to assist me in this endeavor,” indicated Martens. “I’m looking forward to getting out there and introducing myself to those who may be unfamiliar with me. Talking with them, listening to what they have to say and showing that you want to provide a voice for them in Ottawa. There are very few issues that are simple; they tend to be fairly complex, so we need to be able to listen, give respect to people’s voices and work hard on their behalf.”

An official date to the candidate nomination meeting to occur has not yet been announced. The next federal election is scheduled to take place on or before Oct. 21, 2019.

http://www.mywestman.ca/commun.....ave-a-race
RCO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( there is also a couple other new candidates from Quebec , Dave Blackburn in Pontiac and Ilario Maiolo in Saint Leonard Saint Michel , a riding where there could be a by election as mp leaving )

Conservative Party‏Verified account @CPC_HQ · Jul 30

We're putting our 2019 team together NOW! SHARE to spread the good news and congratulate Ilario Maiolo! #cdnpoli

Conservative Party‏Verified account @CPC_HQ · Aug 3

Welcome Dave Blackburn to the Conservative Team! The momentum is building for our positive Conservative vision - SHARE the good news! #cdnpoli

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  

Jump to: