Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Vaughan is just another version of Kathleen Wynne and therefore has my endorsement as leader because that is the last direction the OLP needs to go if they want to rebuild off this recent loss;

I like Mark Holland, he is young and he is scrappy;
Rebuilding the party is going to take someone with Patrick Brown's energy and Holland may be that guy for them.
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
Adam Vaughan is just another version of Kathleen Wynne and therefore has my endorsement as leader because that is the last direction the OLP needs to go if they want to rebuild off this recent loss;

I like Mark Holland, he is young and he is scrappy;
Rebuilding the party is going to take someone with Patrick Brown's energy and Holland may be that guy for them.

Adam Vaughan would likely be the pc's dream choice as it create a battle for downtown Toronto with the ndp ( who now hold almost all the seats there )

and force both opposition parties to spend most of the election fighting among themselves for downtown Toronto an area the pc's needed zero seats from to win a majority

I've always really disliked Mark Holland for some reason , he's never indicated a desire to move into provincial politics until now and would find the idea of him at queens park odd to say the least

he'd also need to find a riding and currently no liberal ridings in the 905 , his Ajax riding would be a tough battle against likely pc cabinet minister Rod Phillips

( the former liberal incumbent Joe Dickson came in 3rd this election as ndp surged there even though they wanted to close the ridings largest employer the pickering nuclear plant , which makes the surge harder to explain )
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already we see the outlines of the next generation of Liberal -- and likely, NDP -- leaders. Talented, presentable educated idealists -- rarely with much practical sense -- supported at their hardcore by fanatics for special causes, whether it be some new sexual identity group, or a deeper level of veganism.

This is where the world is now being cut up into political tribes. This is where Conservatives have to learn to contest. A lot of what is "the Left" is a set of attitudes and narratives that are taught in schools.

It seems to me that Conservatives have to come to grips with that, because it won't spontaneously change. I am not just talking about Ontario's sex-education curriculum -- or even social conservatism -- I mean that massive amounts of social change is being imposed on the population through education. At a minimum, Conservatives ought to dragging the social-engineering role of government into the limelight, so that public can have some inputs into what they want their children turned into.

Is there anyone here who understand what I am getting at?
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the results now largely official;
It appears that of all the Liberals elected on election night only one (Nathalie Des Rosiers in Ottawa—Vanier) secured more than 40% of the popular vote within their own ridings.

For all the discussion about how bad the results were;
In some cases they were a few hundred votes from being far far worse.

Without a date selected to replace the former Premier,
It will be interesting to see the amount of formal interest this leadership race takes on.

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: