Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Quebec Justice Minister Vallee won't seek re election Reply with quote

( there is a growing number of quebec liberals not seeking re election this fall )

Quebec Justice Minister Vallee won't seek re-election

CTV Montreal
Published Wednesday, February 28, 2018 5:06PM EST
Last Updated Wednesday, February 28, 2018 6:46PM EST

Quebec Justice Minister Stephanie Vallee has joined the ranks of MNAs who won't be seeking re-election this fall.

Vallee was first elected in 2007.

She is so far the only cabinet minister to announce she won't be in the running.

The justice minister has dealt with a series of difficult files, including issues surrounding systemic delays in the justice system as well as the controversy surrounding Bill 62, the provincial law regarding face coverings.

“Politics is made of great moments. Politics is made of ecstatic moments, but sometimes, it’s also made of more difficulty times, and you have to cope with it. Bill 62 was a windy road, but I don’t regret at all, and I’m very proud of what was done and we pushed forward an undertaking that was taken by the premier back in 2014 and we brought it to reality,” she said.

Other cabinet ministers rumoured to be considering leaving politics Lise Theriault and Jean-Marc Fournier.

Last week, Kathleen Weil dismissed ongoing rumours she would not run again.

The election will be held this fall

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-justice-minister-vallee-won-t-seek-re-election-1.3823210
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quebec Justice Minister Stephanie Vallee won't seek re-election

The Canadian Press The Canadian Press

Published on: February 28, 2018 | Last Updated: February 28, 2018 3:06 PM CST

Quebec Justice Minister Stephanie Vallee speaks at a news conference Friday, December 8, 2017 at the legislature in Quebec City. Vallee will not run again in this year's provincial election. Jacques Boissinot / THE CANADIAN PRESS

Quebec Justice Minister Stephanie Vallee will not run again in this year’s provincial election.

Vallee held a news conference in Quebec City on Wednesday to say she wants to focus on her family and on her private life.

“I want to reclaim my family life and my personal life, it’s as simple as that,” she said.

Vallee added that she expects to remain involved in politics in some capacity.

She has been on the hot seat in recent years, dealing with the management of the Quebec justice system following a Supreme Court ruling on delays in cases getting to trial.

Vallee was also tasked with the difficult job of adopting the legislation on face coverings.

She has represented the riding of Gatineau since 2007.

Five other Liberal members have declared they won’t run again while a handful of others are mulling their future.

The Liberals currently hold 69 of the 125 seats in the legislature

http://thestarphoenix.com/pmn/.....647d89478a

Jump to: