Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toronto Centre

votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep up the good job showing exactly what the problem is boys !

Your shallowness is most welcoming. Its good I know what I am dealing with.

Quote:
I'm so old I remember when sex had no place in the workplace.

You are older than Lucy are you ? Being 3.2 M years old is kind of old. Hell of a lot of birthday candles.
Quote:
She's not the kind of 'woman that anyone with half a brain and a job in the media would want to squeeze sex out of.

Ah yes...the 'she is ugly so her allegations are not to be belived' trope.
Quote:
How far do you think a lady real estate agent would go to get a listing? Yeah, ok ... blind spot.

Good lord what an idiotic thing to say.
Quote:

the Steve Paiken situation shows just how out of control the #metoo movement has really become

Oh really?

You've investigated all of the allegations and come to this conclusion ? Do you have a written report on this and of course delved into workplace harassment against women that is very well known ?
Id love to read it.

Quote:
I have extensive experience with women, and trust me '-- they lie. None of you guys have (obviously) been betrayed by a woman, but when it happens -- oops, if it happens (it probably won't happen to you) then you'll know they can lie, and do, skillfully too.

LOL!
What an idiot.
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gentle reader might notice a little frothing going on ... all about me mouthing off about a bunch of evidence-less charges and the media circus presently being organized by the media.

You may think one has to be dim not to notice the difference between evidence-less charges in the media and standing up, demanding some small bit of evidence before joining the lynch mob, wouldn't you?
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
The gentle reader might notice a little frothing going on ... all about me mouthing off about a bunch of evidence-less charges and the media circus presently being organized by the media.

No not quite.

Its your wholly embarassing thoughts of which none are backed by any evidence or sanity.

All three quotes are attributed to you.

All of them show your abject ignorance and misogyny.

You fail to understand YOU are part of the problem and dont even know it.
Quote:

You may think one has to be dim not to notice the difference between evidence-less charges in the media and standing up, demanding some small bit of evidence before joining the lynch mob, wouldn't you?

I never talked about charges did I?

How bloody stupid are you? You cannot even stay on point as your arguments are scatter brained postings of no merit.. Case above is an example.

So glad that the PC party has passed you by and wilfully ignores any rants you have. The last thing they want from you is any presence.
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( another accusation out of Ottawa , this time against long time and highly respected former mp Peter Stoffer )

Federal NDP leader 'deeply disturbed' by allegations against Peter Stoffer

Long-time Nova Scotia MP denies National Post accusations of forcing kisses on woman on Parliament Hill

By Jon Tattrie, CBC News Posted: Feb 08, 2018 10:47 PM AT| Last Updated: Feb 08, 2018 10:47 PM AT

Peter Stoffer denied the accusations in the National Post article. CBC News has been unable to reach him for comment.

Federal NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh said Thursday night he is "deeply disturbed" by allegations made against former long-time Nova Scotia MP Peter Stoffer.

Former party member Lauren Dobson-Hughes told the National Post that Stoffer had twice forced kisses on her, allegations Stoffer strongly denies in the article.

Despite taking her complaints to the party leadership, Dobson-Hughes says no formal action was taken against Stoffer.

CBC News has been unable to reach Stoffer or Dobson-Hughes.

On Twitter, Dobson-Hughes wrote that she would not answer any more questions about Stoffer.

Peter Stoffer Goodbye 20151022
Peter Stoffer in his former office in the Confederation Building on Parliament Hill. He has strongly denied allegations of sexual misconduct during his time as an MP. (Sean Kilpatrick/The Canadian Press)

"He got away with shocking behaviour — this piece is the tip of the iceberg and we all know it," she wrote.

"I believe the women who have come forward and I want to acknowledge their courage and strength," Singh wrote in a post Thursday evening. "It's clear our anti-harassment policies and protections for workers were insufficient and failed to appropriately deal with this behaviour."

Singh wrote that the NDP would review its policies and was committed to changing the culture in and around Parliament Hill.

"Men in position of power must take responsibility for creating safe spaces free from any form of harassment of sexual violence," he wrote.

Stoffer served as an NDP MP for 18 years, but lost the Sackville-Preston-Chezzetcook seat in the 2015 election.

He later went to work for Trauma Healing Centers, an organization that helps veterans suffering from trauma such as PTSD.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/.....34?cmp=rss
Bugs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will notice yourself how Singh handles this -- he says he is concerned, he says how much he admire the courage of the women who "stepped forward"(it is always necessary that men flatter women) and all of that ... and did nothing. And he's been molesting a 20-year-old himself!
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( there is also a another sexual harassment complaint against an ndp politician that came out yesterday , this one involves a former ndp mla from Manitoba )

Woman says former cabinet minister groped her

A former Manitoba cabinet minister is apologizing after women have come forward alleging he tickled them and made inappropriate remarks while he was in government for over a decade. Manitoba Finance Minister Stan Struthers pauses during a press conference at the provincial legislature in Winnipeg, Tuesday, April 16, 2013. THE CANADIAN PRESS/John Woods - The Canadian Press, 2018

WINNIPEG — Another former Manitoba government employee says she was groped and sexually harassed by a longtime NDP cabinet minister.

Shannon Van Raes told The Canadian Press she worked with Stan Struthers in 2010 when he was agriculture minister. She said that on a flight to an announcement, Struthers asked if she liked being tickled.

"I said no. Then he proceeded to put his hands under my skirt and attempted to grope me," she said Thursday. "I said 'no' and 'don't' pretty forcefully. He paused, but then resumed the behaviour later in the flight making sexual comments."

Van Raes is the latest of several women who have come forward with allegations regarding Struthers' behaviour over more than a decade while the New Democrats were in power.

"I didn't want to work with him," she said. "I didn't want to be alone with him. I didn't feel safe. I did my best to avoid him."

But later in 2010, she found herself alone with him.

"Mr. Struthers got down almost on the floor, grabbed my foot and pulled it toward his crotch, making comments about how it looked and the nail polish I was wearing," Van Raes said. "I pulled back and the incident really only stopped because other people entered the room"

Van Raes said she complained to her direct boss who took it up the chain of command. The message that came back to her was to grow a thicker skin and suck it up.

"The general attitude at the legislature working under the NDP government was that, if you complained, you were a traitor. You were working against their cause. How dare you?" she said. "There was no investigation."

After the complaint, Van Raes ended up relegated to a basement office and was given no work, she said.

"It was a constructive dismissal."

Struthers issued a statement Thursday that said he recently learned his behaviour made former colleagues and staff feel disrespected.

"I am sorry," he wrote. "I apologize for any interactions I have had that have been inappropriate and that have caused any person to feel disrespected or uncomfortable.

"My intention was never to treat women as anything other than equal and respected."

Joelle Saltel-Allard said he used to touch her when she worked for Struthers as his press secretary between 2009 and 2011.

"I would be working with him in his office and he would come and touch me or tickle me, often in front of other people," she told The Canadian Press.

Saltel-Allard said that during a car ride to a news conference, Struthers put his hand on her knee and talked about sex acts he would enjoy. She also lodged a complaint with her boss.

"It was relayed back to me that I basically had to shut up and suck it up," she said. "They weren't going to do anything. There was an election coming up and nobody was going to take any action in regards to my complaint."

Saltel-Allard said she became stressed and anxious, and eventually took a three-month mental-health leave. She decided not to return to the legislature.

"I really felt like I was insignificant and my complaints weren't respected or even acknowledged. You really don't feel like working in that type of environment," she said.

"It was a struggle and it eventually led me to leave."

NDP Leader Wab Kinew, who took over the party leadership after it was defeated by the Progressive Conservatives in the last election, said Thursday he was disappointed. He said the NDP is supposed to stand up for vulnerable people but failed those within the party.

Kinew said the lack of action was "a failure of leadership," both on the part of former premier Greg Selinger, who is still a member of the legislature, and others in government leadership roles. Kinew said Struthers should have been removed from his cabinet position and the party.

"Doing the right thing should always come before politics," said Kinew.

He said a party commission will investigate the allegations and release recommendations.

The allegations were first reported by the CBC. Karen Peters, a community activist, told the CBC that Struthers tickled her countless times when he was conservation minister and serving with her on a sustainable development roundtable.

Struthers was one of five ministers who resigned from cabinet in November 2014 to protest Selinger's leadership. Struthers announced in May 2015 he would not run in the April 2016 election for the "good of our family" and his Dauphin constituency.

He was first elected in 1995 and held various cabinet portfolios that included conservation, agriculture, finance and municipal government.

"I have been fortunate to work with many strong, intelligent and talented women and have always valued these relationships," he said in his statement. "My commitment is to learn from this and do better."

By Steve Lambert, The Canadian Press
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( more questionable comments have been unearthed from someone close to Patrick Brown )

Candidate seeking Barrie-Innisfil nomination dogged by controversial Facebook posts

The social media account of Shawn Bubel, one-time assistant to former PC leader Patrick Brown, includes oral sex joke, name-calling.

News 10:57 AM by Kristin Rushowy  OurWindsor.Ca|

Shawn Bubel (left) pictured with Patrick Brown. Bubel worked at Queen’s Park with Brown in 2015, and served on Brown’s federal team from 2008 to 2015. (Facebook)

A potential Progressive Conservative candidate in Barrie-Innisfil — who worked as an assistant to former party leader Patrick Brown — has posted questionable jokes and comments on his Facebook page that could jeopardize his eligibility to seek the nomination in the June 7 election.

Shawn Bubel, now chief of staff to current federal PC MP for the area, John Brassard, worked at Queen’s Park with Brown in 2015, and served on Brown’s federal team from 2008 to 2015. He is running against one other person for nomination, Andrea Khanjin.

Some of his questionable Facebook posts over the past several years, obtained by the Star, include:

• Photo of a man wearing a T-shirt saying: “I’d rather be snorting cocaine off a hooker’s ass.”

• Writing “I feel like I need a shower” after walking in downtown Barrie, where he says he “can’t walk 20 feet without getting hit up for change.”

• “I would NEVER call you an elite … c*cks*cker, maybe.”

• A joke about a man punching a female monkey in the face before she performs oral sex.

• Photo of a cheerleader holding a sign saying “C*cks.”

When asked about the social media posts, a senior official with the Progressive Conservatives said “the party has not approved this individual to be a candidate yet. Respect for women is an important value in our party and nobody who disrespects women or takes action that would cause reputational damage to the campaign is unlikely to be approved to run for the PC Party.”

Bubel has not yet responded to the Star’s requests for comment. He has been chief of staff to Brassard since 2015.

Prior to that, he was communications adviser to Brown at Queen’s Park, and a special assistant to Brown for more than seven years when he was a federal MP.

Brown quit more than two weeks ago after sexual misconduct allegations, which he denies.

Bubel has run unsuccessfully for municipal council in the past in Essa, including deputy mayor.

It is unclear if the Facebook posts were disclosed or mentioned to the party as part of any vetting process.

In a story announcing his bid to be the local PC candidate, simcoe.com quotes him as saying: “Having worked side-by-side over the past decade with elected members from Queen’s Park and the House of Commons, I know the job intimately and fully understand the commitment it takes to get things done,” Bubel said. “I’m ready on Day 1 to serve the constituents of Barrie-Innisfil and to help move Ontario forward.”

The nomination meeting is scheduled for Friday afternoon.

Incumbent Liberal MPP Ann Hoggarth is also running for the Barrie-Innisfil seat.

Toronto Star

https://www.simcoe.com/news-story/8126523-candidate-seeking-barrie-innisfil-nomination-dogged-by-controversial-facebook-posts/
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a pattern to credible #MeToo allegations. The one against Steve Paikin doesn't fit: Robyn Urback

Sexual misconduct is pathological, and there are almost always multiple victims. Yet here, there's just one

By Robyn Urback, CBC News Posted: Feb 09, 2018 4:00 AM ET| Last Updated: Feb 09, 2018 4:00 AM ET

Many people will take the case of Steve Paikin as evidence that #MeToo has gone off the rails: that a man can be destroyed by a single allegation. If anything, it shows the opposite: that evidence, corroboration and good judgment still matter.

There is a pattern, of sorts, to almost every legitimate high-profile #MeToo allegation.

A credible media outlet publishes a claim against a particular man, usually after months — sometimes years — of investigation. The accuser or accusers are typically named, but occasionally their identities are withheld for fear of public retaliation.

In the days following the initial report, other victims often come forward. This happened in the cases of Harvey Weinstein, Roy Moore, Kevin Spacey, Matt Lauer, Calgary MP Kent Hehr (though allegations against him started on Twitter) and many others.

The reason is simple: sexual misconduct is usually pathological, and where there is one victim, there are commonly others. The act of one woman coming forward can embolden others to share their stories — especially where there are marked similarities in encounters with the man in question — which explains why we frequently see a wave of accusations following an initial report.

What happens next depends on the accused: some men will concede they behaved inappropriately and step away from the public arena, while others will remain bizarrely defiant, even in the face of overwhelming evidence. In most cases, though, the accused's reputation is in tatters and his career likely ruined.

Allegations against Steve Paikin

The situation involving Steve Paikin, the TVO host accused of making inappropriate sexual comments to former Toronto mayoral candidate Sarah Thomson, bypasses almost every element of this pattern.

The initial accusation came via a blog entry Thomson wrote on her Women's Post website. She didn't name Paikin in that post, writing only that a political talk show host with whom she shared a lunch (along with her assistant) during the 2010 mayoral campaign had asked her for sex in exchange for a spot on his show.

Thomson also emailed her accusation to Paikin, who immediately brought it to the attention of his superiors at TVO. The next day, TVO announced it was launching a third-party investigation, something that Paikin has since said he welcomes wholeheartedly.

In the days following the initial accusation, there has been no corroboration. A handful of people who worked on Thomson's campaign said they had no knowledge of the incident. The public has heard nothing from the assistant who was reportedly at the lunch.

More telling is the fact that no other women have come forward. Paikin has been on the air for decades, and he has probably interviewed thousands of women. Thomson wrote that Paikin bragged that his offer of sex for a guest spot worked "50 per cent of the time," which would imply he has propositioned numerous other women. We haven't heard from a single one.

Meanwhile, Paikin's confidence that he will be exonerated is so robust, you either have to believe he's innocent or completely deranged. I believe the former. I know Paikin in a professional capacity. I've appeared on his show a few times (for the record, the only thing I had to give up was a release form) and he's always been kind, courteous and almost impossibly fair-minded.

There is of course the possibility Thomson's allegation is true. And indeed, some people will insist that all women — Thomson included — are to be believed regardless of whether there is evidence to support their assertions. But to subscribe to such a world view requires a willingness to sacrifice any man's reputation and livelihood simply for the sake of a principle, regardless of whether he actually did something wrong. We have the capacity to weigh probabilities and analyze information for a reason. Justice is hardly served by setting those capabilities aside.

Vetting rumours

Readers often accuse those in the media of rushing to judgment on these sorts of things. On that note, I'll let you in on a little Media Party secret: most bombshell allegations of sexual impropriety are rarely bombshells in newsrooms. There were rumours about Jian Ghomeshi. Rumours about Patrick Brown. Rumours about other high-profile men whose stories may or may not ever become public. It's possible I'm out of the loop on this one, but as far as I know, Paikin's name was never in that mill.

A former colleague recently pointed out to me that readers might perceive an absence of due process in #MeToo cases because they are never privy to those rumours, nor do they hear about the extensive research that is necessary to turn a rumour into a publishable report. Hours are spent interviewing friends, family members, colleagues, poring over saved social media posts, reviewing cellphone records, vetting drafts with lawyers and so forth.

In The News Jan 26 20180126
Patrick Brown speaks during a news conference at Queen's Park last month to address allegations of sexual misconduct reported by CTV. He denied the allegations but would step down as leader of the Ontario Progressive Conservatives hours later. (Aaron Vincent Elkaim/Canadian Press)

Ultimately, we're all terrified of getting it wrong, knowing that our news outlet's reputation is on the line, along with the reputation of the man in question. The decision to publish is never taken lightly.

All of which is to say, unless you believe the theory that Fake News is everywhere, there is good reason to trust in the veracity of allegations reported in the mainstream media.

And one more thing. Many people will take the case of Steve Paikin as evidence #MeToo has gone off the rails: that a man can be destroyed by a single allegation. If anything, it shows the opposite: that evidence, corroboration and good judgment still matter, and that in the absence of a reasonable degree of proof, a man's reputation can withstand a claim of impropriety (this is not to minimize the personal turmoil Paikin must have endured over the past week, mind you).

Paikin is still in his hosting chair and will soon moderate an upcoming debate for the Ontario PC leadership. And unless there is corroborating evidence to the contrary, that's exactly where he should be.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion.....-1.4527003
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one always seemed a bit strange. Maybe she is looking for another five minutes of fame.
In this case, perhaps Steve will go after her for cause.

Lord knows none of the other blowhards will dare. And there can be only one reason why.

Go ask Doug Ford. He knows why.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pathetic liar. Got to make up shit for those idiot buddies at the coffee shop?

Quote:
And he's been molesting a 20-year-old himself!

Psst... you should go tell his 27 yr old Fiance. She'd be pissed to hear I bet.

Oh wait...

More comedy !
RCO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former Ontario PC leader Patrick Brown calls allegations 'absolute lies'

Brown says in an 'emotional interview' that he is contemplating legal action

The Canadian Press Posted: Feb 10, 2018 7:28 AM ET| Last Updated: Feb 10, 2018 7:28 AM ET

Former Ontario Progressive Conservative leader Patrick Brown says he's contemplating legal action to restore his reputation in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations, which he calls "absolute lies."

Former Ontario Progressive Conservative leader Patrick Brown says he's contemplating legal action to restore his reputation in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations, which he calls "absolute lies."

Brown, who had already strongly denied the allegations, gave his first interview since stepping down from his position last month to the Postmedia news agency.

In what the outlet calls an "emotional interview," Brown compares his experience of being accused of sexual misconduct to "getting hit by a truck."

He says the incidents alleged by two women in a CTV News report "didn't happen," and he suggests being forced to resign as leader just months before a provincial election was akin to "frontier justice."

HomepageTheNationalPatrickBrown
Patrick Brown leaves a hastily called news conference in January where he addressed the allegations made against him.

Brown told Postmedia he's "strongly considering a legal recourse."

The former PC leader broke his silence earlier in the week with a brief message posted on Twitter, saying he was "immensely grateful" for the support he and his family received.

His sister, Stephanie Brown, has also denounced the allegations, which have not been verified by The Canadian Press, as a "political hit."

Brown stepped down in late January just hours after an emotional late-night news conference in which he vowed to fight the allegations.

Brown asked to take leave of absence

A few days later he was asked to take a leave of absence from caucus and the party's interim leader, Vic Fedeli, said he would not sign Brown's nomination papers for the province's spring election if the allegations still stood at campaign time.

Brown's resignation forced the PC's to hastily plan a leadership race that will be held before the June general vote.

So far, three high-profile candidates have entered the contest for the party's top job, including the politician who came second to Brown in the last leadership race.

Christine Elliott, a former Ontario legislator, launched her campaign last week, days after former Toronto city councillor Doug Ford announced his bid.

Caroline Mulroney, a Toronto lawyer and the daughter of former prime minister Brian Mulroney, threw her hat in the ring last weekend.

Votes will be placed online in early March, with the results announced on March 10.

The party has also had to grapple with the resignation of its president, Rick Dykstra, in the face of reported sexual assault allegations that he denies.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/.....-1.4529939
RCO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( brown has broken his silence and given his side of the story )

'Absolute lies': Patrick Brown refutes sex misconduct allegations

Antonella Artuso

James Wallace

More from James Wallace

Published:
February 9, 2018

Updated:
February 9, 2018 7:49 PM EST

Filed Under:

Canoe ›

Patrick Brown tells his side of the story to the Toronto Sun in an exclusive interview. Brown answers the tough questions about the sexual misconduct allegations he's facing in Toronto, Ont. on Friday February 9, 2018. Craig Robertson/Toronto Sun/Postmedia Network

In his first interview since resigning as Ontario’s PC Party leader, Patrick Brown insists sexual misconduct accusations against him are “absolute lies” and that he is contemplating legal action to defend his shattered reputation.

“It was like getting hit by a truck and you’re in a state of shock,” Brown said in an exclusive and emotional interview with Postmedia Friday about allegations that derailed his race for the Premier’s office.

It's an execution before the trial

— Patrick Brown, former Ontario PC leader

“It wasn’t until last week that I got a bit of my strength back and wanted to investigate these allegations,” he said.

“When we looked at the allegations in detail, we were able to show that they’re absolute lies and we can prove it.”

Brown said allegations made in a CTV News story, that he plied a high school student with drink and asked her to perform oral sex on him “didn’t happen.”

And he vehemently denied claims by a second accuser, a former constituency staff worker, that he fed her drinks during a Barrie hospital fundraiser, kissed her and tried to have sex with her without her consent.

The CTV story contained damning allegations from both women against Brown and amounted to political nitro glycerin that vapourized his leadership, career and reputation.

“It’s an execution before the trial. It’s frontier justice,” Brown said. “That’s why I’m strongly considering a legal recourse.”

Within hours of the CTV story being aired, Brown had resigned and was being vilified by Ontario’s Premier, NDP leader and his own caucus and party members.

Ontario PC Leader Patrick Brown denies allegations... 1:30

“I went back to Barrie. I didn’t want to see anyone. My family and friends were all in tears. I could barely speak,” Brown said. “Why would anyone do this to me? And I literally didn’t have the strength to fight.”

He had been scheduled to have a cyst removed from his back, and wore a hat and glasses into the Barrie hospital to hide his identity.

The obviously emotional Brown said he was moved when a man came up, patted him on the back and said he believed him.

“And I got back into the car after the surgery and I started crying and I said, you know everyone here in Barrie believes in you, I’ve got to push back.”

Ontario PC leader Patrick Brown speaks to party members at their policy conference at the Toronto Congress Centre on Saturday November 25, 2017. Michael Peake/Toronto Sun

THE FIRST ALLEGATION

The first anonymous complainant told CTV she and a friend met Brown at a bar while she was a student at a Barrie high school. She alleged Brown invited them back to his home where he gave her alcohol.

Once there, Brown allegedly took the high school student on a tour of that ended up with the teen in his second floor, upstairs bedroom.

Brown closed the door, she said, exposed his penis and asked her to perform oral sex on him.

“He pulled down his pants said, and I don’t know if he said ‘suck my dick’ or ‘put this in your mouth,’ but something along those lines,” the woman, now 29, told CTV.

Brown insists the incident she described never happened.

“I remember her being a girl in Barrie,” Brown said but otherwise doesn’t know her or recall meeting her.

Nor could the incident have happened as described, he said, because he lived in a ground-floor apartment when the teen was in high school.

“I did the math – in 2007, I didn’t live in the home where I had a second floor bedroom,” he said “It’s just factually impossible for that to have happened.”

Brown in fact lived in a duplex at 138 Collier St. in Barrie, a tiny one-bedroom, ground-floor apartment in a two-story house with a bedroom that didn’t have a door.

The other side of the duplex was his legal office and a separate apartment upstairs was rented out to someone else.

Brown presented Postmedia with affidavits from former staff attesting to the configuration of the building and a Barrie real estate professional involved with the property at that time, confirmed Brown lived in the downstairs apartment

“It was really small,” he told Postmedia, but asked that his name not be used. “It was on one floor.” The upstairs was “rented out to somebody else. It wasn’t his unit.”

The complainant, now 29, in early 2007 would have graduated from high school, and did according to year book records.

By that summer, in July, Brown did purchase and move into a nearby house with a bedroom on the second floor. He would have been 28 or 29 at the time, though the CTV story only says the incident happened “more than 10 years ago.”

“It’s an absolute lie,” Brown said.

SECOND ALLEGATION

The second allegation came from a former employee who claimed Brown lured her into his bedroom during a party and tried to force her to have sex with him.

Brown also forcefully denied those allegations.

“The reality is she kissed me,” Brown said. “I had gone up to my bedroom. I wanted to look at the social media coverage from the night… and she followed me upstairs.”

Brown first met the woman in the Ottawa airport prior to a flight to Toronto on Nov. 2, 2012, when she was 18. He was 34 and an MP. He contacted her later that night through Facebook, she replied, then in March 2013, she contacted Brown looking for work and he hired her for his Barrie constituency office.

The sixth annual Hockey Night in Barrie charity game raised approximately $250,000 to Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH). On hand for the ceremonial puck-drop were, from left, Tampa Bay Lightning forward Steven Stamkos, Barrie MP Patrick Brown, top fundraiser Melissa Browning from Barrie Ball Hockey, famous hockey dad Walter Gretzky, RVH Foundation board chairwoman Arlette Utton and Anaheim Ducks forward Corey Perry. Mark Wanzel The Barrie Examiner QMI

In August of that year, she helped organize Brown’s August 15 Hockey Night in Barrie, a charity event to raise money for the local hospital’s cancer centre. Following the event, his staff, some NHL players and event organizers went to an after-party at a nearby nightclub called the Bank night club where she alleges Brown provided her with free drinks, and from there to Brown’s home where she says she continued to drink.

She alleged Brown, who does not drink, invited her and Brown’s friend upstairs to his bedroom to look at photographs on his iPad and the friend left, leaving her and Brown alone.

“The next thing I know he’s kissing me,” the she told CTV. “Sitting beside me, kissing me and then I was, I kind of just froze up. He continued to kiss me and he laid me down on the bed and got on top of me. I remember consciously trying not to move my mouth and I was just not moving, so I was laying there immobile and he kept kissing me,” she said.

“I felt it was sexual. I could feel his erection on my legs when he was on top of me so I felt that it would have gone to sexual intercourse if I had not done anything,” she said. “I would characterize that as a sexual assault.”

That “friend,” when contacted by Postmedia, called her version of events, that she, he and Patrick went up to the room together “false allegations.” He did go into the bedroom to charge his phone, the friend, who asked not to be identified, said, but never saw her and Patrick alone.

The friend said he told CTV the allegations were false, but that was not reported in the story.

After the encounter, the woman told CTV she asked Brown to drive her home, which he did. She also told CTV Brown gave her a raise and asked him to accompany her on a paid trip to India. CTV reported she spoke with her father “about the incident” and confirmed she also spoke with “three other people close to her.”

Mikaela Patterson, who has known Brown for 10 years, was also dating him at that time and was at the house party where the complainant said the assault took place, in the next room in fact.

He's not that kind of a guy

— Mikaela Patterson, longtime friend

Patterson said she and a girlfriend noticed the young woman following Brown around at the party.

“We went back to his house and the girl was kind of following him around which annoyed me,” she said. “And then Patrick ended up driving her home… and he spent the rest of the evening with me and Katie, my girlfriend.

“There was no sign of anyone distressed, like she didn’t seem distressed or anything like that,” she said.

Brown didn’t mention the kiss, but she doesn’t believe the assault described in the CTV story took place.

“He’s not that kind of a guy,” she said.

Following the alleged attack, the young woman continued to work for Brown, including the following summer of 2014.

Brown said any raise she received would have been given by her manager and any of his staff could have been invited, but not necessarily by him, to go to India on his many trips there as chairman of the Canada-India Parliamentary Association.

The staffer who leveled the allegations continued work on his leadership campaign after the incident, never indicated any discomfort or concern, and until very recently, “liked” a number of photos of him on Facebook site, he said.

Postmedia contacted both complainants. One is in Indonesia for a month and on Friday removed all content from her Facebook page but did not respond.

The second complainant when contacted said “I’ve already given my account of the events that took place that evening, and I stand by it.”

When asked if he intends to continue on as a PC candidate, despite Leader Vic Fedeli’s request that he leave the caucus, Brown said he’s just focused on clearing his name.

“I’m not going to speculate on people’s reasons for piling on, but I do hope the truth comes out,” he said.

When asked whether other accusations might surface, Brown said “certainly not ones that have validity. But when you see two stories manufactured about yourself, of course you feel run over by a truck.”

“You can be run over again,” he said. “But these stories are absolute lies

http://canoe.com/news/provinci.....0d31c25306
RCO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown has provided some strong evidence which seems to indicate both accusations aren't fully truthful and unlikely to have happened as described by CTV news

accusation # 1 , it appears he didn't even live in the home described by the girl when she was in high school so that makes her entire story seem doubtful

although I find it kind of weird he remembers her being a girl in barrie ? there is 1000's of high school aged girls in barrie , to remember one you didn't even know is weird

but either way the accusation is without any real evidence , if she's claiming she went on a tour of his house when he didn't even live in that house , obviously something doesn't add up

accusation # 2 also looks even more doubtful , I find it disturbing CTV choose to ignore the other witness who was with brown and the girl that night . who had spoke to ctv and told them the accusation was false yet they still choose to publish the story

its clear brown and this women knew each other but it seems very doubtful she was sexually assaulted that night as described

there has also been no other alleged victims come forward , even though there has been a lot of media coverage of this story . if Brown had been sexually abusing all these young women in barrie ? why haven't any other credible victims or witnesses come forward ?
Bugs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it matter? The wound still exists. The wound was delivered by the Progressive Conservative leadership, or some cabal ... when they saw their advantage and struck. Our party is now being led by a bunch of treacherous scoundrels.

My suggestion: just don't donate, in protest. Some shadowt group has pushed the membership aside and overthrown the leader we elected. All on the incentivized testimony of a young woman who got at least one component of her story provably wrong. It's their show, not ours.

If a large number of donors took a pass, it would send a message that has to be sent. We should not passively accept these events, and there is only one way to react back -- by withholding donations.

If there is no reaction back, the chances of this happening again increase.

There isn't one of the public's issues involved! It's all egos jostling to win what Brown worked so hard to bring together. It's a bunch of lawyers and MBAs, heavily salted with private school boys who thihk that anyone who lives north of York Mills is an unworthy yokel.

If Brown has the mettle for true leadership, he should run for the leadership again. Isn't that what an innocent man would do?
RCO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
Does it matter? The wound still exists. The wound was delivered by the Progressive Conservative leadership, or some cabal ... when they saw their advantage and struck. Our party is now being led by a bunch of treacherous scoundrels.

My suggestion: just don't donate, in protest. Some shadowt group has pushed the membership aside and overthrown the leader we elected. All on the incentivized testimony of a young woman who got at least one component of her story provably wrong. It's their show, not ours.

If a large number of donors took a pass, it would send a message that has to be sent. We should not passively accept these events, and there is only one way to react back -- by withholding donations.

If there is no reaction back, the chances of this happening again increase.

There isn't one of the public's issues involved! It's all egos jostling to win what Brown worked so hard to bring together. It's a bunch of lawyers and MBAs, heavily salted with private school boys who thihk that anyone who lives north of York Mills is an unworthy yokel.

If Brown has the mettle for true leadership, he should run for the leadership again. Isn't that what an innocent man would do?

well my post was only about Brown's response to the accusations , the party initially said they believed the women .

however considering the lack of new evidence or witnesses , there seems to be nothing to prove the 2 accusations really happened . some of the people there that night clearly say they are false .

its up to the party to decide what standard of evidence is enough to declare these accusations truthful or false

at this point Brown is building a strong case that they are false

but the election is happening this spring and he might not have enough time to 100% clear his name by then

his best option might be to take a break from politics and consider returning down the road if such an opportunity comes forward or he could return to his legal practice ? it appears he started out in that career

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

Jump to: