Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Innisfail Sylvan Lake mla Don Macintyre resigns Reply with quote

( the UCP in alberta appears to have lost an mla under mysterious circumstances )

Innisfail - Sylvan Lake MLA Don MacIntyre resigns

By rdnewsNOW staff

February 2, 2018 - 4:02pm
Updated: February 3, 2018 - 11:02am

Don MacIntyre, MLA for the Innisfail - Sylvan Lake constituency, says he is retiring from politics.

The United Conservative Party sent out a media release saying MacIntyre had left the party's caucus at noon on Friday.

Soon after, MacIntyre tweeted, "Hi folks. Resigning from politics today to focus on our family. Thanks everyone!"

The tweet does not specify whether he is stepping down as an MLA or just leaving party caucus.

MacIntyre is in his first term as the MLA for Innisfail - Sylvan Lake after being elected in May 2015 with the Wildrose party and joined the UCP caucus following last year's merger with the Progressive Conservative party. Prior to politics, he spent five years as a part-time instructor and curriculum developer for the alternative energy program at NAIT.

http://rdnewsnow.com/article/5.....e-retiring
RCO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCMP says former UCP MLA faces criminal charges

Alberta MLA criminally charged

Don MacIntyre, the MLA for Innisfail-Sylvan Lake, faces criminal charges, RCMP have confirmed.

Michael Franklin, Digital Producer

@CTVMFranklin
Published Friday, February 2, 2018 4:12PM MST
Last Updated Friday, February 2, 2018 6:52PM MST

The United Conservative Party announced the sudden resignation of one of its members on Friday but now RCMP have confirmed that Don MacIntyre is involved in a criminal investigation.

The party said in the release that they were given the news at noon on Friday. There was no reason given.

A short time later, MacIntyre made the following statement on Twitter:

Doug Macintyre
The UCP announced the abrupt resignation of Doug MacIntyre, the MLA for Innisfail-Sylvan Lake on Friday. (Legislative Assembly of Alberta)

The RCMP have since confirmed that charges have been laid against MacIntyre.

But we cannot outline the nature of the charges. The RCMP says there is a publication ban in place.

MacIntyre was originally elected to office under the Wildrose Party during the 2015 general election.

The UCP said there would be no further comment on the matter.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/rcmp-says-former-ucp-mla-faces-criminal-charges-1.3787653
RCO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLA Don MacIntyre resigns from UCP caucus

MacIntyre is the MLA for Innisfail-Sylvan Lake

CBC News Posted: Feb 02, 2018 4:23 PM MT| Last Updated: Feb 03, 2018 10:07 AM MT

MLA Don MacIntyre has resigned from the UCP caucus.

United Conservative Party Leader Jason Kenney announced on Friday that MLA Don MacIntyre has resigned from the party's caucus.

MacIntyre is the MLA for the riding of Innisfail-Sylvan Lake.

He tweeted that he's resigning to focus on family. He did not specify if he was resigning his seat as MLA, or just his position in caucus.

Reached late Friday, UCP executive director Janice Harrington and caucus press secretary Annie Dormuth declined comment.

MacIntyre was elected to the legislature in 2015 with the Wildrose party.

Prior to that, he was a part-time instructor for the alternative energy program at NAIT, and worked as the chief technical officer for a private overseas geothermal company.

MacIntyre was criticized by the NDP last year after he suggested that science hasn't conclusively proven that climate change is a man-made problem.

The news comes the same day as an announcement that MLA Derek Fildebrant will not be allowed to rejoin the UCP caucus, after he pleaded guilty to illegally shooting a deer on private land.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/.....-1.4517802
RCO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( there appears to be a publication ban so details are thin but does appear he was charged with sexual assault and unclear if he plans to resign his seat immediately or not until the next election , there would need to be a by election if he quits now )

Alberta MLA Don MacIntyre quits UCP caucus after sexual assault ...

Canoe-Feb. 2, 2018

Innisfail-Sylvan Lake MLA Don MacIntyre, facing charges of sexual assault and sexual interference, quit the United Conservative Party caucus Friday. He appeared in Red Deer provincial court Thursday. The UCP caucus issued a one sentence news release Friday afternoon on the resignation. MacIntyre ...
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don MacIntyre officially resigns as MLA

Penhold Coun. Mike Walsh seeks Innisfail-Sylvan Lake seat

Tuesday, Feb 06, 2018 08:15 am

By: Kristine Jean

Noel West/MVP Staff

Penhold councillor Mike Walsh, an Innisfail school teacher, has announced he is going to run for the United Conservative Party in the Innisfail-Sylvan Lake riding in the 2019 provincial election.

Lee Eddy, president of the United Conservative Party (UCP) constituency association for the Innisfail-Sylvan Lake riding

“The locks on his (Innisfail-Sylvan Lake constituency) office were changed Friday. He’s not allowed back in the office.”

INNISFAIL –Don MacIntyre has officially resigned as MLA for the Innisfail – Sylvan Lake riding.

Lee Eddy, president of the United Conservative Party (UCP) constituency association for the Innisfail-Sylvan Lake riding, confirmed on the afternoon of Monday, Feb. 5 MacIntyre officially resigned, after submitting a letter to both him and the speaker of the legislature on Feb. 2.

“I had an email sent to me directly from Don MacIntyre. I have his resignation letter,” said Eddy. “I got it Thursday, he was handing it in Friday to the speaker of the house (Alberta legislature).

“The locks on his (Innisfail-Sylvan Lake constituency) office were changed Friday,” he added. “He’s not allowed back in the office.”

Eddy said there has been no date set for the byelection but there will be one called within the next six months from Feb. 2.

“By law, Premier (Rachel) Notley has to call a byelection within six months of Don MacIntyre resigning,” he said. “But if she calls a provincial election this fall she doesn’t have to.

“I’m getting my (constituency association) board ready to run a byelection so we’re ready when it’s called,” added Eddy.

And Mike Walsh, the former co-president of the United Conservative Party (UCP) constituency association, is seeking the party’s nomination for next year’s provincial election.

“I’ve been actively campaigning to seek the nomination for quite some time. I’ve had lots of supporters and lots of people encouraging me,” said Walsh, who is currently a Penhold town councillor and Innisfail school teacher. “They’ve been quite happy with what I’ve done (as councillor) in Penhold and they’d like me to take my public service to the next level.

“I had no insight into our current MLA’s status. He was still the MLA at that time,” he added. “The plan was to run against Don MacIntyre or whoever else was going to put their name forward.”

Walsh resigned as co-president of the constituency association last month when he officially registered with Elections Alberta to seek the UCP nomination for Innisfail-Sylvan Lake.

News of MacIntyre stepping down from caucus came on Feb. 2 when UPC leader Jason Kenney issued a one line statement: “At approximately noon today Don MacIntyre resigned from the United Conservative Caucus.”

The UCP caucus then issued another statement: “Upon the advice of legal council, a court order prohibits us from commenting further at this time.”

Later that afternoon MacIntyre tweeted that he was resigning from politics to focus on family.

Walsh has several years of involvement with the former Progressive Conservative Constituency Association and is now in his second term as Penhold councillor. The Grade 7-8 teacher at Innisfail Middle School said he expects to see others put their names forward to represent the Innisfail-Sylvan Lake riding in the 2019 Alberta election.

“I would anticipate there will be a handful of people put their name forward to become a candidate,” said Walsh.

http://www.innisfailprovince.c.....A-20180206
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Walsh first to seek UCP nomination

Penhold councillor aiming to become next MLA for Innisfail-Sylvan Lake
Myra Nicks/
Feb. 7, 2018 1:30 p.m./
Local Business/
News

In an announcement yesterday, Mike Walsh declared his intent to seek the United Conservative Party’s (UCP) candidate nomination for the Innisfail-Sylvan Lake constituency.

After former area MLA Don MacIntyre’s resignation last week, Walsh is the first candidate to put his name forward for the UCP member vote and general byelection.

Walsh has already served one term as Town Councillor for Penhold and was re-elected for his second term in the municipal election last year.

“Serving as an elected official is an office I hold in high esteem,” he stated in an official announcement.

In a phone call Wash said he feels it is important to represent the people of the community and has made that his focus in politics.

“In order to better recognize the needs of our municipality, it has been my primary objective to be transparent in communication and intention.”

Walsh sees himself as “very committed” and encourages voters to look at his track record as a testament to how he will serve the community.

A fiscal conservative, Wash says he is open to all viewpoints and “respectful debate.”

The Penhold town administration is checking with the Municipal Government Act to find out if he’s able to take a temporary leave from Council during the nomination process and the byelection.

The UPC has not set a vote date yet nor has a general byelection date been chosen.

https://www.sylvanlakenews.com/news/mike-walsh-first-to-seek-ucp-nomination/

Jump to: