Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Toronto Centre





Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 925
Reputation: 108.8
votes: 4
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:


the liberal caucus clearly voted and said they want to legalise simple possession of all illicit drugs

Only mary jane has been voted on and will be law come July.
Quote:

does that include drugs like fentanyl and the date rape drug ? are you willing to support decriminalising the date rape drug or drugs that could be used as one ?

What.. like alcohol? The number one drug used for sex assaults is booze.
Trudeau has repeatedly said only MJ will be legalized.
Quote:

it would only take a small amount put in someone's drink and they could be sexually assaulted ? is this really what Canadians want from there government ?

To be sexually assaulted?

The drugs exist now so what are getting at?

Ambien is a popular drug for rape. Not OTC of course .

And of course all the Benzodiazepines.
Quote:

why would such a policy possibly be a government priority ? what is society getting from this

Much better funding protocols. Think about the money saved from Police, jails and so on. Should be huge.
Quote:

most of the major police forces don't even focus any time charging people with simple possession anyways , they might charge someone if they came across a small amount of drugs on them but there certainly not chasing after every minor drug user and charging them


They aren't chasing after most any fraud/boiler room/petty theft...and on and on if you want.

2016- 55,000 charges in connection to MJ .
2016- 17,733 charges of possession.

Still want to think Cops dont bother?
RCO





Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 8014
Reputation: 271.3
votes: 3
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
RCO wrote:


the liberal caucus clearly voted and said they want to legalise simple possession of all illicit drugs

Only mary jane has been voted on and will be law come July.
Quote:

does that include drugs like fentanyl and the date rape drug ? are you willing to support decriminalising the date rape drug or drugs that could be used as one ?

What.. like alcohol? The number one drug used for sex assaults is booze.
Trudeau has repeatedly said only MJ will be legalized.
Quote:

it would only take a small amount put in someone's drink and they could be sexually assaulted ? is this really what Canadians want from there government ?

To be sexually assaulted?

The drugs exist now so what are getting at?

Ambien is a popular drug for rape. Not OTC of course .

And of course all the Benzodiazepines.
Quote:

why would such a policy possibly be a government priority ? what is society getting from this

Much better funding protocols. Think about the money saved from Police, jails and so on. Should be huge.
Quote:

most of the major police forces don't even focus any time charging people with simple possession anyways , they might charge someone if they came across a small amount of drugs on them but there certainly not chasing after every minor drug user and charging them


They aren't chasing after most any fraud/boiler room/petty theft...and on and on if you want.

2016- 55,000 charges in connection to MJ .
2016- 17,733 charges of possession.

Still want to think Cops dont bother?


the caucus had a vote and made this a priority resolution , its clear they want small amounts of hard drugs legal to possess and consume .

so unless they come out and state that drugs like ecstasy and date rape drugs are not going to be included , we can only assume they are included

I'm sure millennial women would be happy to know it might soon be "legal " for a sexual predator to be in a bar and in possession of a date rape type drug , and there would be nothing they could do about it

as to why this would possibly be a priority of the liberal caucus I have no idea ?

people are overdosing and dying all over the country from opioids , obviously something has to be done to solve the problem but what would legalising small amounts of drugs possibly accompolish ? to solve this problem , this doesn't seem to me to be the cure all
Toronto Centre





Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 925
Reputation: 108.8
votes: 4
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm sure millennial women would be happy to know it might soon be "legal " for a sexual predator to be in a bar and in possession of a date rape type drug , and there would be nothing they could do about it

Already is .

Now what?

Administering Noxious substances is the charge. So thats covered off.

FYI..comsumption has never been a charge. In other words, Cops come to you just as you did your herion hit...and guess what?
No charges.

Quote:
the caucus had a vote and made this a priority resolution , its clear they want small amounts of hard drugs legal to possess and consume .

Decriminalize and legalize are different things.
Bugs





Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Posts: 5135
Reputation: 266.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Date rape drugs are small potatoes in the scale of things.

You understand that the prescription system will still be in effect. If criminal penalties are taken away, it still doesn't mean that these drugs aren't controlled. If this is done, there should be benchmarks set. If decriminalization doesn't lead to fewer new recruits into the lifestyle, then something else ought to be considered.
Bugs





Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Posts: 5135
Reputation: 266.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Over 1,400 B.C. residents died from illicit drug overdose last year
‘Most tragic year ever’ in B.C. brings push to decriminalize use of opioids
Katie DeRosa / Times Colonist
FEBRUARY 1, 2018 10:19 AM

Last year was “the most tragic year ever” for illicit drug overdose deaths in B.C., prompting public health officials to push for the decriminalization of opioid possession and consumption to address the fentanyl epidemic.

In 2017, 1,422 people died of illicit drug overdose deaths, up from 993 in 2016, chief coroner Lisa Lapointe said Wednesday.

Lapointe said the epidemic in B.C. is “related to uncontrolled illicit fentanyl.”

The powerful opioid was detected in 81 per cent of the illicit drug deaths, up from 67 per cent in 2016, according to preliminary data from B.C. Coroners Service. The drug, which is 100 times stronger than heroin or morphine, is being smuggled into Canada from China and mixed into street drugs.

Carfentanil — up to 1,000 times stronger than fentanyl — was detected in 64 illicit drug overdose deaths between June and December 2017.[....]
http://www.richmond-news.com/n.....1.23161553


Just to give you an idea -- this is an increase of 43% over the previous year! Some of the deaths were caused by the more powerful opioid being treated like the less powerful one, no doubt, but it indicates the rate of growth of this kind of drug use. Believe it or not, it isn't rare for paramedics to save the same person two or three times in a month.

You can't get more 'control' of these drugs than we have now. They are easy to import, and there is an eager market because they are so cheap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Liberal caucus proposes to decriminlize illegal drugs

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB