Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: It's not just me anymore ... Reply with quote

It's not just me anymore ...

Quote:
Scheer going nowhere if he continues as Mr. Enigma
Jan 5 2018 — John Ibbitson — Globe and Mail
Senator Lynn Beyak is manna from heaven for Liberal strategists and their allies who seek to portray the Conservative Party as racist, sexist and homophobic. To avoid being fatally branded as the weak-willed leader of such a party, Andrew Scheer must up his game, and soon.

Or how about this?

Quote:
Face it, Conservatives. Picking Scheer was a mistake.
By Alan Freeman. Published on Jan 5, 2018 3:50pm
THE CANADIAN PRESS/John Woods

[....] With each passing day, it’s becoming clearer that Canada’s Official Opposition is led by a man who might have what it takes to rock a high school model Parliament, but little else. In federal politics, Scheer is a catastrophe — a gift to Trudeau and the Liberal Party of Canada and the most hapless and inept major party leader since Stéphane Dion vanished from the scene.

I’m sure Scheer is a nice fellow and a great dad — but he’s living in the wrong country. His socially conservative beliefs might work for him if he were running for governor of Indiana, or to replace Ted Cruz as the Tea Party flag-bearer, but he’s never going to be elected prime minister of Canada in the second decade of the 21st century.
https://ipolitics.ca/2018/01/05/face-conservatives-picking-scheer-mistake/

There have been other articles in the same vein. One of the cites the CBC-TVs prime political show. Soon the consensus will be that Scheer is a dud.

Make no mistake -- this is a disaster. The election was a farce', as 'undemocratic' as possible, and it gave us a dunce. Where are the 'royal jelly' people now? Trust me, I have no animus againt Scheer. I judge on his performance. This has to be rescinded.

Don't talk to me about loyalty. I owe the Conservative Party of Canada nothing. It owes me, as a regular contributor (until now). I want to be represented, not dictated to. Where is the loyalty to Beyak, or is loyalty a one-way street?

The hard part is facing up to the disaster.
Bugs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems this is becoming a meme!

Quote:
Tory Leader Andrew Scheer’s shtick simply isn’t cutting it
Jan 8 2018 — Konrad Yakabuski — Globe and Mail

Did Conservatives pick a dud? The answer to this question will undoubtedly emerge in 2018 as Canadians either “get to know” Andrew Scheer or, as is just as likely the case, continue to ignore the federal Tory Leader’s very existence. Either way, Conservatives may be looking for a replacement before 2019 arrives.

The media obviously have no respect for Scheer and this despite their growing contempt for Justin.

This probably reflects a more balanced reaction -- they all stink the house out.

Quote:
LEGER: PM, rivals exude ineptitude as amateur hour grips Ottawa
DAN LEGER
Published January 8, 2018 - 6:00am
Last Updated January 8, 2018 - 7:34am

Doesn’t anybody want to be prime minister around here? With a year and change before the start of the 2019 political season and the three starting pitchers picked, it’s like they’re all just going through the motions.

Consider the recent perils of the formerly faultless prime minister, Justin Trudeau. Pick an escapade: the tone-deaf and ethically challenged decision to vacation on a private island owned by the Aga Khan, or perhaps you’d prefer the mishandling of his government’s tax-change rollout.

Those are just two. There are others, most recently Trudeau’s stunned decision to pose for pictures in his office with a smiling Joshua Boyle, the former hostage, apparent terrorist sympathizer and now accused criminal.

There’s so much that’s weird about Boyle: his former marriage to one of the Khadr family daughters, his murky relationships with suspicious people in Afghanistan and his mysterious five years as a captive. Any one of those factors should have set off alarms in the PMO.

Not long after the meeting with Trudeau, it is alleged, Boyle committed some serious criminal acts and he now faces multiple charges.

What were they thinking to have allowed Boyle within a country mile of the prime minister, for any reason?

But Trudeau has made other notable gaffes, some caused by rookie inexperience but others that arise from attitude and outlook. The prime minister can’t seem to shake his entitled past.

That’s a problem for a politician who casts himself as the champion of the middle classes. As we all know, middle classes elect prime ministers. They defeat them, too.
http://thechronicleherald.ca/o.....ips-ottawa

Reading between the lines here, it seems to me the press corps, as a whole, has seen things about this government that perhaps aren't strong enough to be stories, but which are markers of a worse government than the one they replaced. Some of them might actually be inclined to amplify the Conservative message -- if there was one.

Scheer probably doesn't have the wit to rebound effectively because he has had so little exposure to the Canadian people. Why should the donators to the party give him any more loyalty that he gave Senator Beyak?

In the meantime, they are preparing for a sexual pogrom. Men are predators -- or at least they might be -- so any small sexual allusion (the days) is all it takes. Remember, the NDP MP who got two Liberal MPs axed for a sexual encounter in which she provided the condom, and yet said she had never given consent! In that context, what is sexual harassment?

Quote:
Liberal MP Mendes wants a Hill ‘harassment watch,’ after CP survey finds 58 per cent of female MPs subject to sexual misconduct while in office

Liberal MPs Hedy Fry and Alexandra Mendes, and Conservative MP Marilyn Gladu. All three MPs said speaking out and raising awareness and understanding about the problem of sexual harassment or misconduct on the Hill will help end it.

By LAURA RYCKEWAERT
PUBLISHED :Monday, Jan. 8, 2018 12:00 AM

Liberal MP Alexandra Mendes says MPs should set up an informal, cross-party support system on the Hill to address sexual harassment and sexual misconduct as the #MeToo global movement against misogynistic behaviour hits Parliament Hill.

“It’s a bit of perhaps a utopian kind of solution, but [to] kind of start, not a neighbourhood watch, but a harassment watch on the Hill with MPs who are willing to help staffers or other MPs who feel that they’ve been a victim of either sexual harassment or assault, and that we could act as sort of mentors or just a support system for them,” Ms. Mendes (Brossard-Saint-Lambert, Que.) told The Hill Times.
http://www.hilltimes.com/2018/.....ill/129996

The Ostrich party doesn't want to know about it. They don't think making gender a matter of choice and legally enforceable is really an issue. We'll have our Andrew pointing fingers like that rest of them, and saying (for the first time) "Not me!". Or maybe his habits will burst forth, and he'll say "Not me, too!"

Seriously who needs to support a party like that? STOP DONATING! it's the only way the people can make our point to these elitist jerks.
Bugs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to imagine how a new leader could get worse press than this. Now he's being cast -- despite his weaselling interviews with Chatelaine, etc -- as anti-woman and a liar too.

Quote:
Sen. Lynn Beyak denies Scheer asked her to remove online comments
Beyak said she found out about removal from media statement
CBC News Posted: Jan 08, 2018 12:49 PM ET Last Updated: Jan 08, 2018 12:49 PM ET

Sen. Lynn Beyak denies that Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer asked her to remove letters from her Senate website supporting her view on the residential school system before kicking her out of caucus.

The senator, who's now an Independent, said she found out about her removal in Scheer's media statement.

"Contrary to his statement, that he asked me to remove content and I refused, neither I nor my staff ever spoke with Andrew Scheer or anyone from his office, at any time," said Beyak in a statement on Monday.

"Isn't it interesting that when the media should be focused on Justin Trudeau's ethics violations and Joshua Boyle's alleged ties to the taxpayer-compensated Khadr family, that old letters, on the website for months without controversy, are used to bait opposition leadership." [....}
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politic.....-1.4477702

This is terrible! Yet Conservatives seem to have nothing to say. I guess we followers go where our good shepherd takes us, even if it back into the desert ...

The media is now building an 'ídentity' or a 'narrative' for Scheer. Scheer, who has cast himself as a dweeb in an effort to win the women's vote from Justin is now being cast as anti-woman ... leaving us with an anti-woman dweeb. What was the point of the exercise, again?

It's the same with the racism label. Andrew Scheer also manages to give them a double-win, taking on the label of an anti-woman racist who stiff-armed Quebec.

Is there no member of the Conservative Party of Canada that can see the problem? Is it always "crickets" when the big issues come up? Hmmm?
Toronto Centre

votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:

Is there no member of the Conservative Party of Canada that can see the problem?

Yes.

Andrew Scheer can.

He can see what she wrote was not only wrong but should not have been said. But he also recognizes she has freedom of speech .... and that some things have consequences.

All PM's have this . Harper certainly had it . He did the same to Turner and Anne Cools.

Why would one be surprised about this?

Jump to: