Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: CNN = Cannabis News Network on new years eve Reply with quote

( well there has clearly been a lot of coverage relating to marijuana and its use in recent years I don't think I can recall a segment on a major network that was so pro marijuana or that featured such an up close view into its use , this segment showed actual people high and even bongs and masks being used , it was really over the top for what is typically a family filled new years eve coverage )

CNN star Anderson Cooper claims he was 'surprised' by pot-soaked New Year’s Eve segments

By Brian Flood | Fox News

Anderson Cooper was “surprised” that CNN stood for Cannabis News Network on New Year’s Eve.

Anderson Cooper was “surprised” that CNN stood for Cannabis News Network on New Year’s Eve. (The Associated Press)

CNN stood for the Cannabis News Network on New Year’s Eve with an on-going “hits” from Denver, where marijuana is legal, but the network’s biggest star and the evening’s co-host Anderson Cooper claims he was "surprised" by the segments.

Cooper appeared on “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” on Tuesday to discuss the situation.

At various points of the New Year’s telecast, reporter Randi Kaye held a joint, lit a bong, marveled over a special gas mask used by stoners and wondered where she was.

CNN reporter Randi Kaye didn’t partake herself while on the air, but the bit was enough to appall some viewers and confuse people who might be locked up for doing the same thing.

Colbert asked, “Do you still have a contact high from Randi Kaye?”

The CNN star fired back, “It’s legal in Colarado… she did not smoke, obviously. She was just in the environment.”

“Second hand,” Colbert jokingly replied.

“The whole thing surprised me as much as anybody else, I gotta tell you,” Cooper said.

Do you still have a contact high from Randi Kaye?
- Stephen Colbert
Kaye didn’t partake herself while on the air, but the bit was enough to appall some viewers and confuse people who might be locked up for doing the same thing.

Cooper played along, but not as much as his co-host Andy Cohen.

“This is for you, Andy!” Kaye said at one point, addressing Cohen and holding a lit marijuana cigarette out to the camera.

Cohen enthusiastically praised Kaye’s report, while a smiling Cooper reminded viewers that Kaye’s high-jinx was all above board, even if a bit unseemly.

cnn4

Andy Cohen enthusiastically praised Kaye’s report, while a smiling Cooper reminded viewers that Kaye’s high-jinx was all above board, even if a bit unseemly.

Meanwhile, CNN is apparently all-in on weed content despite outrage from some viewers. The verified Twitter account of CNN’s “Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown” tweeted an elaborate illustration on Tuesday night that detailed “how to roll a joint.” The stoner instructions were originally published back in November to coincide with the Seattle episode of Bourdain’s program, but were resurfaced amid the attention CNN is receiving for its pot-themed New Year’s celebration.

Bourdain’s instructions include tips such as, “If you’re looking for a strain that doesn’t make you too tired stick to sativa, which is a head high, versus indica, which is a body high. If you don’t want one that rips so hard but is still strong try Purple Haze, because Jimi Hendrix didn’t write one of his most iconic songs about it because it sucks.”

CNN is also the network that aired “High Profits,” a 2015 original series following a Colorado couple as they attempt to build a marijuana empire. The liberal network has also aired a series of “Weed” specials hosted by chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta.....ments.html

Last edited by RCO on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
RCO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outrage grows over CNN's pot-infused New Year's segment

By Brian Flood | Fox News

Outrage continues to mount two days after CNN put the “J” in journalism with a marijuana-themed New Year’s Eve segment that some are already using as an excuse to smoke the Hippie Lettuce in states where it’s not currently legal.

During the liberal cable news network’s year-end broadcast from Times Square, reporter Randi Kaye did several, um, “hits” from Denver, where marijuana is legal. At various points, she held a joint, lit a bong, marveled over a special gas mask used by stoners and wondered where she was. Kaye didn’t partake herself while on the air, but the bit was enough to appall some viewers and confuse people who might be locked up for doing the same thing.

“CNN is trying to trademark the debauchery as its brand for New Year's Eve coverage. I mean that quite seriously,” Media Research Center President Brent Bozell said on Tuesday, while explaining that the network no longer has comic Kathy Griffin using obscenities to attract viewers. (Griffin was famously fired after she posed with a fake decapitated head made to look like that of President Donald Trump.)

“So this year they're doing pot and getting stoned,” Bozell said.

For much of the morning on Tuesday, The Drudge Report led its site with a story headlined: “CNN’s stoner new year! Bong lessons on news network." Meanwhile, TheBlaze spent a segment of Glenn Beck’s radio program breaking down the pot-themed report.

“CNN … showed America how to do bong hits. Isn’t that great? It was very helpful, especially if your kids are watching,” host Pat Gray said.

And on New Year's Day, Fox News host Laura Ingraham tweeted: “We’ll see how this all works out for our country. More potheads, increase in cases of schizophrenia, psychosis, more impaired driving ... as #BigWeed makes billions.”

The story took another turn on Tuesday when WSB-TV reporter Tyisha Fernandes tweeted that 70 people were arrested when less than an ounce of marijuana was found at a house party. Since nobody claimed it, the police arrested everyone. Many people took to Twitter to point out what they described as hypocrisy between Fernandes’ report and what CNN had advocated on New Year’s Eve.

“But yet CNN just did their whole New Years Eve coverage on a Weed Party Bus,” one user wrote, while another added, “They smoking weed on CNN tho.”

Fernandes’ news also sparked an onslaught of people bringing race into the situation, implying that only white people are allowed to smoke pot.

@randikayeCNN Seriously? Smoking weed on live TV?? For those of us who had still been defending CNN, you've now made it impossible. You are now the high news network. Congratulations on destroying what credibility you had left with middle America.
— John Trauscht (@jtrauscht) January 2, 2018

CNN did not respond to a request for comment.

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta.....gment.html
RCO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNN Reporter Celebrates New Year’s Eve and Legal Recreational Pot by Lighting Reveler’s Bong

John Patrick Pullen

FortuneJanuary 01, 2018

As California prepared to legalize marijuana sales, CNN reporter Randi Kaye ended 2017 on a “high” note, covering New Year’s Eve in Colorado, where recreational cannabis has been legal since 2012.

Giving the Sunshine State a glimpse of its future, the CNN News fixture handled joints at a “paint and puff” party and even lit a gas mask bong for one reveler.

“I just want to point out, that this is all legal in Colorado,” host Anderson Cooper told co-host Andy Cohen.

While Kaye did not appear to partake in any drug use herself, Twitter users provided commentary as she rode a pot bus, which took revelers to various pot-related stops, including a marijuana grow house.

But not everyone was loving CNN’s cannabis-friendly coverage. Some people online noted their distaste of the report.

This could be, in part, because it’s become exceedingly rare to watch people even smoke tobacco on television. A 1971 law barred cigarette advertisements from the small screen, and a 1986 follow-up added smokeless products to the banned ads. Television programming followed suit, with fewer characters sparking their lighters in subsequent years.

But this isn’t the first time that CNN and Kaye teamed up on marijuana coverage. Here’s a 2014 clip about a previous Kaye “joint” investigation:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cnn-reporter-celebrates-eve-legal-202933183.html
Toronto Centre

votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is hilarious !

Many many years showing revellers drunk and drinking in background shots but....OMGERD
some people doing another legal thing is so shameful !

Hypocrits always make me laugh.
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is CNN, where hypocrisy dwells ...

I have trouble thinking anyone is genuinely outraged by this. On the other hand, the faux journalists can, no doubt, find a quote to justify themselves.

But when it comes to hypocrisy, TC pointing the finger is an equally excellent illustration.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:

But when it comes to hypocrisy, TC pointing the finger is an equally excellent illustration.

Oh, please explain. I would love to know whereby I am a hypocrit.

Still embarassed are you? Well.... sorry about that.
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TC, I am not talking to you, I am talking about you. It's different.

But you do act like you have superior knowledge when all you have is a superiority complex, apparently based on your notions of how informed you are.

You act like an expert, 'but all you have (usually) is anecdotes. Or speculation. I don't believe you really believe what you say, or how you represent yourself. What businessman would welcome the kind of impact that an additional 20%+ increase in wages would have?

Maybe you prefer to be called a liar? That may fit better.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
TC, I am not talking to you, I am talking about you. It's different.

But you do act like you have superior knowledge when all you have is a superiority complex, apparently based on your notions of how informed you are.

You act like an expert, 'but all you have (usually) is anecdotes. Or speculation. I don't believe you really believe what you say, or how you represent yourself. What businessman would welcome the kind of impact that an additional 20%+ increase in wages would have?

Maybe you prefer to be called a liar? That may fit better.

I see.

I see you cannot come up with anything remotely hypocritical that I said. I am not surprised. You run and hide when called on so no news there.

But I should tell you I am not an expert on many things, but the stuff I do post is well informed and not the hubris you indulge in.

But stay embarassed, its fun to watch.
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
Well, it is CNN, where hypocrisy dwells ...

I have trouble thinking anyone is genuinely outraged by this. On the other hand, the faux journalists can, no doubt, find a quote to justify themselves.

I can see why some people would of been offended , especially as the broadcast took place during a normally family friendly time slot , the pre new years broadcast .

just cause marijuana is legal for adults in Colorado doesn't mean it needs to be in our face and broadcast during prime time . I don't really care what someone does in there own home , on there own time but I wouldn't have any interest in watching this sort of coverage and felt it was in bad taste
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:

I can see why some people would of been offended , especially as the broadcast took place during a normally family friendly time slot , the pre new years broadcast .

I do agree that it was not the best idea that CNN has had.

But the same people offended never seemed to raise the issue when drunks in the crowd, or drinking in the crowd were shown.

Turn the channel to those offended, there has to be some christian station showing something boring as hell.

Jump to: