Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Where will Justin go for his Winter Vacation? Reply with quote

Wonder where Justin is going to spend his winter vacation? It's kind of a Where's Waldo? game. You are supposed to guess where our PM will take off to for his winter vacation!

Winter vacation? ... you know, what we used to call "Christmas" before we became afraid of upsetting refugees. Justin usually goes to somewhere he'd rather be on his own time. Not Canada. Somewhere warm, with ocean waves breaking gently on the beach. Maybe some billionaire's private Caribbean island?

But who knows? It's springtime in New Zealand.

He usually likes to keep where he goes a secret. If he didn't have such a penchant for ripping off the public (on his expense account) he might have gotten away with it. Maybe he's learned this time, but learning from his mistakes doesn't seem to be his thing.

Speculations welcomed.
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( perhaps not the Aga Khan this year ? )

CP24‏Verified account @CP24 · 5m5 minutes ago

#BREAKING: PM Trudeau violated ethics rules by vacationing with the Aga Khan on his private island, Ethics Commissioner Mary Dawson finds. #Cdnpoli
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laugh because today there are columnists wondering how Justin could have been so stoo-pid, but a year ago, they thought it was more than OK -- that it just demonstrated what a celebrity our PM is, as if that would make Canada more important. So-oo lame!

Quote:
The Aga Khan trip and a glimpse into Trudeau’s bad judgment
Stephen Maher: Taking a billionaire’s hospitality is so obviously wrong, it makes you wonder: What else is the PM messing up?
Stephen Maher
December 27, 2017

I have often tried to imagine the conversations that took place between Justin Trudeau and his senior officials when the Prime Minister was planning his family’s Christmas last year.

Trudeau: “Well, I’ve decided that I’m going to take the family to the Aga Khan’s private island.”

Senior official: “Boss, I know how much you need a vacation, and the kids, too, bless their hearts. But we don’t think you should go to that island. There are a lot of legal and ethical questions, and it just wouldn’t look good. In fact, I was talking to another senior official about it, and we both think…”

Trudeau: “Thanks. Great. I get it, but we’re going. He’s an old family friend. Don’t worry about it.” [....]
http://www.macleans.ca/politic.....judgement/

It wouldn't have been like that ... it probably was organized by his staff.

Jump to: