Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Who's seeking federal Conservative Nominations in 2019 Reply with quote

know it may seem like a long way off but some mp's and potential candidates are already starting to express interest in federal conservative nominations for the 2019 election .

so I was going to start a post where I'd try and list some of them as I saw articles or posts online about there plans

some there is no articles and only posts on sites like twitter but still enough info to confirm there running in 2019 .

a few that I've seen so far include former Newmarket aurora mp Lois Brown and some cpc mp's from Calgary

Lois Brown‏Verified account @LoisBrownCanada · Oct 21

Thrilled to have so much support at my #NewmarketAurora #CPC Nomination kick-off!

Pat Kelly‏Verified account @PatKelly_MP · Nov 3

I will seek re-nomination as CPC candidate in Calgary Rocky Ridge & re-election as MP. Full statement

Tom Kmiec, MP‏Verified account @tomkmiec · Nov 2

I will be seeking the @CPC_HQ nomination and re-election as M.P. for Calgary Shepard - full statement #elxn2019 #cpc
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MP Earl Dreeshen is seeking the Conservative mandate to run again in 2019 federal election

Conservative constituency association to decide by Dec. 15
Lana Michelin/
Nov. 6, 2017 2:30 p.m./
Local News/
News

Red Deer-Mountain View MP Earl Dreeshen wants to run for a fourth time as a Conservative candidate in the 2019 federal election.

Dreeshen announced on Monday he will again seek the Conservative nomination for this riding, saying, “It’s a great honour to serve and represent the people of Red Deer – Mountain View.”

The former teacher and farmer, who first became Red Deer MP in 2008, was returned to office with a resounding endorsement from the electorate in 2015. And Dreeshen believes he’s upheld the public’s trust by working hard on behalf of Central Albertans.

He wants to keep fighting the carbon tax the federal Liberals are imposing with help from Alberta’s New Democrats, calling it “a Draconian tax grab.”

He also wants to change the tide now flowing against Alberta’s pipelines because of shifting federal regulations, and vows to battle against the Liberals’ “arrogance and sense of entitlement.”

Dreeshen believes he’s made a positive difference by sitting on the Agriculture Committee that removed the Canadian Wheat Board monopoly and improved farmers’ competitiveness. He also introduced legislation that eventually strengthened the Criminal Code of Canada by increasing prison times.

New Conservative Party leader Andrew Scheer appointed Dreeshen to the International Trade Committee to lead the party’s dealings on NAFTA and various trade files. “Canada, and especially Alberta, are faced with great uncertainly due to the trade mismanagement and continued failures of the Trudeau Liberal government,” said Dreeshen, who wants a continued opportunity to take Conservative platforms to Ottawa.

The local Conservative association is expected to make a decision on who its candidate will be on Dec. 15. So far, no one else has announced they want to run for the nomination.

http://www.reddeeradvocate.com.....-election/
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( although doubtful he represents a serious threat to current mp Scott Brison I see a benefit for the conservatives to nominate some candidates early on the east coast where they have no seats currently )

West Hants man throws name in the ring for next federal election as Conservative candidate

The Spectator
Published: Oct. 11, 2017, 2:12 p.m.

Bob Morton, a manager of a food supply company and active member of the Conservative Party of Canada in Hants County is planning a run for the seat of Kings-Hants during the next federal election, if he’s elected by the riding association.

WINDSOR, N.S. – Didn’t we just have a federal election? It might feel that way, but Oct. 2019 will be here before we know it.

Bob Morton, who has been an active member of the provincial and federal Conservative party in Hants County, has decided to let his intentions known early.

This doesn’t mean that Morton will for sure be on the ballot, the candidate selection process for the riding association has opened, and if more candidates for the party come forward, the association will need to have an election.

“I’m the first nominee to step forward, but anybody who would like to are still able to,” Morton said.

There’s no set date as of yet when nominations will close or when candidates will be selected.

“I see a need in the area, I believe people want change,” he said. “Where I work, I have the opportunity to speak to a lot of people, young families, farmers, family doctors and one common denominator is that they’re frustrated with some of the policies, most recently this new tax policy.”

The new tax proposal looks to limit passive business income taxation; targets methodology for changing income into dividends or capital gains; and targets income sprinkling, which allows business owners to split income among family members whether or not they’re involved in the business.

That tax policy, which has been an item for contention amongst farmers, small business owners and doctors, has been a boon for conservative politicians looking to win favour from voters.

“Right now we have an Ottawa voice that comes back to preach to us here and people in Kings-Hants, we need a voice in Ottawa,” he said. “I think I can be that strong voice.”

The seat is currently held by Scott Brison, President of the Treasury Board in Justin Trudeau’s cabinet, and has been MP for the riding since 1997.

Brison won the last election in 2015 with over 70 per cent of the vote.

Morton said he expects people in Kings-Hants will be looking for change in the next election.

“Scott’s been here for two decades and people are looking for new ideas and they need a voice,” he said. “I believe more now then ever people want change, and I think I’m that change.”

This isn’t the first time Morton has attempted a run, he put his name forward as a candidate during the last provincial election, but lost the nomination to Janice Munroe Dodge.

The Conservative Party recently elected Andrew Scheer as it’s new leader, and Morton says he believes Scheer will lead the party to new heights in 2019.

“I’ve had the opportunity to meet Scheer, he’s personable, a family man,” he said. “He has a desire to serve all Canadians.”

According to the CBC Poll Tracker, an amalgamation of federal polling averages across the country, the Liberals remain fairly popular and if an election were held today, would likely form the next government. But things can definitely change in the next couple of years.

The federal NDP have also recently elected a new leader in Jagmeet Singh, but how the results of that election play out remain unknown at this point.

Morton said he expects the tax issue will continue to resonate with Canadians and help the CPC form the next government.

Morton is a manager of an agricultural food supply company and lives in Garland’s Crossing with his family.

http://www.annapoliscountyspec.....te-155067/
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( also saw another potential candidate from Nova Scotia , in the West Nova riding , she also appears to already have a website as well )

Hannah Dawson-Murphy

@H_DawsonMurphy

Candidate for the Conservative Party of Canada nomination in West Nova

http://www.hannah-dawsonmurphy.ca/
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( as previously mentioned there appears to be a nomination battle looming in the Ontario riding of Simcoe Grey )

Essa mayor, Collingwood OBGYN to challenge Kellie Leitch

Terry Dowdall, Gillian Yeates plan to apply to be nominees

News Nov 06, 2017 by John Edwards  Collingwood Connection|

It appears Simcoe-Grey MP Kellie Leitch will have competition for the Conservative Party nomination for the 2019 federal election.

Terry Dowdall, deputy warden for the County of Simcoe and Essa Township mayor, as well as Dr. Gillian Yeates, an OBGYN from Collingwood, will be throwing their hats in the ring.

The party’s nomination procedure allows individuals to become candidates for the nomination as long they submit a nomination form by Dec. 15. Those interested must include a petition featuring 50 names of current party members who live in the riding.

Dowdall is in his second term as Mayor of Essa after having served seven years as deputy mayor. Dowdall operated the Baxter Corner Store for 20 years. He is married with two children.

“As mayor of Essa Township and deputy warden of the County of Simcoe, I’ve got my ear to the ground of the concerns, in the County of Simcoe,” he said in an interview with simcoe.com. “I have the interest of helping the people and representing the people. I think we need a strong party going into the 2019 election.”

Yeates graduated from Harvard University where she played on the varsity hockey team and attended medical school at Dalhousie. She operated a practice in Collingwood since 2000.

Yeates said she wants to see the party run on a platform that focuses on acceptance and equal opportunity for people.

“I feel strongly there needs to be changes and changes on how we are addressing our public and presenting ourselves as a country,” she said. “Sometimes there is something that says this is a need, and this needs to change and that’s why I am doing it.”

Yeates said the timing for her is good as both her kids are older and she has the opportunity to bring someone else on to her practice.

“The one thing I wouldn’t do is leave my patients without appropriate care,” she said.

Yeates said she would make a good candidate because she’s a good listener and is aware of the challenges faced by residents of the riding.

“I listen and I have a responsibility to the people of this area,” she said

https://www.simcoe.com/news-story/7805891-essa-mayor-collingwood-obgyn-to-challenge-kellie-leitch/
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting nominees in place in Atlantic Canada early is a good idea.
Its a wasteland for non-LPC candidates currently and having candidates knocking on doors and meeting with the community early and often is a smart way to get in front of the electorate.
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
Getting nominees in place in Atlantic Canada early is a good idea.
Its a wasteland for non-LPC candidates currently and having candidates knocking on doors and meeting with the community early and often is a smart way to get in front of the electorate.

it seems like the conservatives only logical option out east to nominate early , at least in some of the ridings , but its always good to keep some open in case any star candidates emerge and need a riding as the election gets closer .

considering the liberals hold all the ridings , and spending money in the region like crazy its going to be an uphill climb in most of those ridings , but giving the candidates some extra time to get know and develop a profile might help at least I can't see how it hurt there chances
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Kitchen to seek Conservative nomination in 2019

By William Acri / Estevan Mercury

November 16, 2017 12:01 AM

Souris-Moose Mountain MP Robert Kitchen

Current Souris-Moose Mountain MP Robert Kitchen is seeking re-election for 2019 and he will be running as a member of the Conservative Party under Andrew Sheer’s leadership.

Kitchen has expressed a great deal of concern over the cancelation of the Energy East pipeline. He noted that the current Liberal government has plans to send infrastructure money overseas instead of keeping that money within Canada.

Kitchen has additionally expressed concern for farmers and ranchers who see the current Liberal government as an inhibitor to their success in the marketplace.

“They are having huge impacts on our farmers, ranchers and on our oil businesses that have seen a big downturn over the last couple of years. We saw the Liberals basically step in the way of the Energy East pipeline,” said Kitchen.

“My other issue is trying to make Canadians understand the great steps that farmers are doing with the sequestration of carbon through their crop rotations, we get no credit for that and those are things I would look forward to championing,” said Kitchen.

Kitchen has intent if elected to continue his support for the carbon capture and storage process for coal fired power plants that are here within the Estevan area.

“Next term in office I would hope that we will be in government because the present Liberal government is putting in polices that are affecting rural Canada in particular Souris–Moose Mountain and these polices are detrimental to the economy,” said Kitchen.

Kitchen also spoke of his tenure as vice-chair of the parliamentary committee on Veterans Affairs.

“My role was the vice chair of Veterans Affairs for two years and that has been a tremendous honour and privilege for me to have been on that committee. It is a role that I enjoyed tremendously,” said Kitchen.

2015 was the first year that Kitchen was elected to represent Souris–Moose Mountain in Ottawa in the 2015 federal election. Kitchen has always taken issue for what he called the Liberal governments reckless spending and an attack on natural resource production and small businesses.

If re-elected Kitchen is looking forward to continuing to grow as a candidate and learning more about how to best serve the people in his riding.

“Every day there is something new and I am a big proponent of continuous learning, as long as I am learning something new everyday and I am doing that I look forward to progressing with that,” said Kitchen.

http://www.estevanmercury.ca/n.....1.23093741

Jump to: