Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Quebec Liberal mp Denis Lemieux resigns seat Reply with quote

( another mp is leaving parliament for various reasons although this riding won't likely be included in the dec 11 by elections more likely early in 2018 )

New
Quebec member of Parliament Denis Lemieux resigns seat

'The one and only reason that motivates this well-considered decision is family,' says Chicoutimi-Le Fjord MP

CBC News Posted: Nov 06, 2017 10:57 AM ET| Last Updated: Nov 06, 2017 10:57 AM ET

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Denis Lemieux, left, leave on a boat tour on the Saguenay River during a two-day caucus meeting in 2016 in Saguenay, Que. Lemieux announced Monday he's resigning his Chicoutimi-Le Fjord seat for family reasons.

Quebec backbencher Denis Lemieux is quitting federal politics.

The Chicoutimi-Le Fjord MP released a statement on Monday morning saying he's leaving for family reasons.

"The one and only reason that motivates this well-considered decision is family," wrote Lemieux in a statement in French.

"I am aware that I am leaving an extraordinary parliamentary team … I intend to continue, behind the public scene, to serve my country and to help my fellow citizens as best I can."

Lemieux was first elected in 2015, beating former NDP MP Dany Morin.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politic.....-1.4389176
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Martine Ouellet has made it clear she won't seek a seat in by-election;
This is about as safe of a bet as you are going to find.

This is a riding where the NDP should reach out and make an effort to try and not simply let all their support in Quebec fall away as they held this riding from 2011- 2015.

The BQ has historically been strong here and should be a strong effort

And the Liberals are the incumbents

Should be interesting
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
While Martine Ouellet has made it clear she won't seek a seat in by-election;
This is about as safe of a bet as you are going to find.

This is a riding where the NDP should reach out and make an effort to try and not simply let all their support in Quebec fall away as they held this riding from 2011- 2015.

The BQ has historically been strong here and should be a strong effort

And the Liberals are the incumbents

Should be interesting

the timing seems odd to me , for an mp to resign the day after 4 by elections are called , it seems trudeau might of called the 4 by elections early so this one wouldn't of been included . there not in a rush to have one in a riding they barely won in 2015

as for the main 4 parties

the conservatives really have nothing to lose here , the merged party hasn't held the seat ( but old pc party did win it in 80's and 97 when charest leader ) . although they did do well in 2008 when they came 2nd and got 34% of the vote but haven't done as well in the other elections

the liberals will likely try and buy the riding like Lac Saint Jean , expect funding announcements and visits by trudeau in an effort to boost liberal numbers .

the bloc , if the bloc can't do well here or Lac saint Jean . you have to wonder where could they do well ? these are 2 ridings the bloc historically did well in and mostly only French speaking voters

the ndp ? I only see them being a major factor or doing well if the former mp Dany Morin runs again , he seems to have a following in the riding

Jump to: