Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RCO





Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 6684
Reputation: 238.9
votes: 3
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( in another surprise move , Faith Goldy has also left the rebel or was fired )


Calls for Conservative leader Andrew Scheer to condemn The Rebel Media


Stephanie Levitz, THE CANADIAN PRESS

First posted: Thursday, August 17, 2017 11:14 AM EDT | Updated: Thursday, August 17, 2017 09:14 PM EDT


OTTAWA — Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer said Thursday he’ll do no further interviews with conservative news outlet the Rebel until it changes its editorial direction, following its coverage of last weekend’s protests in Charlottesville, Va.

Scheer’s declaration he’ll stay away was followed hours later by Brian Jean and Jason Kenney, both running for leadership of the new United Conservative Party in Alberta, distancing themselves as well.

While all three had condemned the violence in Virginia last weekend, they’d also previously stopped short of addressing the Rebel’s coverage, seen by some as sympathetic to the white nationalists who initially organized the event that later collapsed into clashes that killed one counter-protester and injured nearly 20 others.

“I am disgusted by the vile comments made by hate groups this past weekend,” Scheer said in a statement Thursday.

“I believe there is fine line between reporting the facts and giving those groups a platform. I have a positive vision for Canada and I want to share that vision with Canadians and talk about issues that unite us all. Until the editorial directions of the Rebel Media changes, I will not grant interviews to the outlet.”

Scheer is among many Conservative members of Parliament who’ve appeared on the outlet’s various online shows since it started up in 2015 following the demise of the conservative Sun News Network.

It has long courted all manner of controversy, from a boycott of Tim Hortons when it pulled ads about the oil sands from its stores, to rallies that featured chants of “lock her up” about Alberta NDP Premier Rachel Notley to a piece by contributor Gavin McInnes originally titled “10 things I hate about Jews.”

Former MP and cabinet minister Kenney noted on social media he hadn’t done an interview with the outlet in over a year and had “publicly condemned their alt-right editorial direction of recent months.”

The alt-right is a term adopted by some white supremacists and nationalists to refer to themselves and their ideology, and the movement was the driving force behind the events in Virginia; they’d organized a rally originally billed as seeking to unite the right.

But the violence that ensued and the hate-laced speech at and around the event has seen the mainstream right under pressure to differentiate their politics from those of that movement — including pressure to break with the Rebel because of its coverage.



While it isn’t the role of the elected officials to dictate who is and isn’t media, the Rebel’s work is raising concerns, Jean suggested in his statement.

“Recent events have me concerned with the commentary and editorial direction coming from Rebel Media,” he said.

“I have not appeared on the Rebel in seven months and unless their direction changes in a significant way, I will not in the future.”

Scheer’s statement Thursday came after days of requests for comment from his office. Jean and Kenney had been facing calls to do the same after another competitor in their leadership race, Doug Schweitzer, pledged to stay away from the Rebel earlier this week.

Their delay in addressing the issue speaks to the delicate dance many conservatives do with the Rebel; with over 870,000 subscribers it has a wide reach among conservatives and is thought to wield considerable influence.

The ruling Liberals, meanwhile, are making hay with the Tories’ discomfort.

A spokesman for Justin Trudeau said the prime minister has never given an interview to the Rebel because “their coverage and behaviour have been wrong and inappropriate.”

“I leave it to other politicians who have chosen to engage with the Rebel to explain what motivated them to do so,” said Cameron Ahmad.

The Liberal party issued an email blast late Thursday, urging Canadians to sign an online petition calling on Scheer to denounce and “end all ties” with the Rebel.

“Tell the Conservative Party what the rest of Canadians already know: Hate has no place in Canadian politics,” says the missive.

Levant did not return a request for comment on Scheer’s decision. But the Rebel did seek earlier this week to clarify its editorial stance.

Levant issued a staff memo saying what he once understood to be the alt-right had changed, morphing from “unashamed right-wingedness with a sense of humour,” to a term now associated with “racism, anti-Semitism and tolerance of neo-Nazism.”

In his memo, Levant said the Rebel will still cover the alt-right, but with the same approach it takes to other groups on the left side of the spectrum.

The Rebel’s coverage of the protests has prompted one of the site’s co-founders and two contributors to quit.

A cruise planned for November that would feature Rebel contributors was also cancelled by Norwegian Cruise Line after apparent pressure from a U.K.-based advocacy group. Advertisers have also continued to pull their ads from the website as part of another ongoing advocacy campaign.

But a near-daily increase in the number of subscribers to the Rebel’s YouTube channel seems to have continued since the controversy began — a sign that Levant has offered as evidence the outlet is not in trouble.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017.....ebel-media
RCO





Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 6684
Reputation: 238.9
votes: 3
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
RCO wrote:

I don't see why people always have such an issue with there being some alternative news sources and view points out there .


I dont think anyone here has any issue whatsoever in alternative news sources.

Everyone SHOULD have an issue when some news sources are a constant purveyor of bullshit, are contantly being slapped by either the CBSC or the Courts.

Rebel Media is guilty of all that. It is pretty much all opinion and not a news soure per se.

All newspapers print the news, it is where the opinion columns of editors and writers that gets the slant that may be attributed to them. The TO Star is a fine newspaper, but they have some left leaning columnist .
Quote:

I personally find it more disturbing that so many on the left don't seem to believe in free speech anymore than some of the video's I've seen posted on the rebel .

So many huh?

In fact thats pretty much just a make up line on your behalf. Both sides at their extremes are filled with idiots who espouse all sort of things none of us are interested in.
Quote:

its like whenever a right of centre news alternative appears in Canada , the left seeks to destroy it and make it disappear . I can still remember how some people basically cheered and though it was great the day sun news closed down .

SUN News Network you mean? I fail to agree that many cheered its demise. But I will admit that I was happy to not have to hear their whiny ass faux outrage that they were being treated any different that any other channel. (Cue the obfuscation from some )

Sun New Van/Edm/Cal/Wpg/To (Postmedia) , National Post, Globe and Mail, Ottawa Citizen are all right leaning . (case could be made that the G&M isnt but hey..)

That certainly is not a vacuum.
Quote:

I'm not saying I agree with everything the rebel has posted or discussed , obviously some of there video's are more controversial than others but I do believe in free speech and they should have a right in a free country to bring up some of these issues


They have free speech and have exercised it since day 1. No one has tried to shut them down as you suggest so stop being worried.

What Rebel has done is gone too far , got too cute , that they are now prone to fail simply because Ezra is an idiot and people see him for what he is.

His failures are legion (granted he keeps trying so he has that)

Western Std
Sun News Network
Rebel Media (any day now)

:)



there was a lot of media coverage on the demise of sun news and I clearly remember there being some people who were very happy to see it fail .


the more established Canadian media such as the CBC and such , don't like the rebel cause they have the nerve to publish stories they'd prefer people never heard about . things the government doesn't want people to talk about , like the refugee's illegally entering the country or CBC wasting our money


its been a very tough week for the rebel but I think its established enough that it can continue as long as it tones things down a little and avoids controversy moving forward

but even if it doesn't continue something else will replace it and provide people with an alternative view point , there is so many people feed up with the CBC and liberal toronto star
Bugs





Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Posts: 4367
Reputation: 245
votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The future of journalism looks to be in the hands of citizen-journalists using electronics to take cameras into actual situations. They aren't good at interviews, and they can be obviously biased, but they aren't trying to fool anyone. They are showing the viewers what they see and revealing their reactions at the time, before they have thought about it a lot.

Faith Goldie, for instance, walked around the demo, kind of trapped between the warring groups, seeing the police not helping, and getting alarmed because she sees no way she can get away if it turns into a mob brawl. Do I care that she is biased against the left? Not much, because it's so embedded in the situation that she's covering.

Vice was once great, before HBO took it over and turned it into fake news. They had a Ukrainian-Canadian wandering around the Ukraine, talking to the guys driving the tanks about the situation as they saw it, which was a murky world of militias and controlling resources, in which Russia didn't always seem like the bad guy. It turns out there's a lot of Russians in Ukraine. It was way better coverage than the media were giving.

They also had guys go into cocaine plantations or check out female genital mutilation, or what its like in Venezuela. You can see conditions and hear some of the local people and how they feel about it. It is closer to witnessing the actual interview going on than reading about it.

I watch 'progressive' citizen-journalists like wearechange on YouTube and HA Goodman as well. HA is a Bernie guy, but he's honest. He tells it like it is about the Democratic Party's present state.

Rebel is like a collection of citizen journalists. Some are good and some are bad. It's simply that this form of journalism is better than the crap we are getting from other sources. Official news has become involved in promoting certain values. They won't tell us the race of the murder suspect they pick up, or the colour of the corpse either because they don't want us thinking that half the murders in the city are race-based, and a lot of them come out of drug dealing. because you see, they are telling the kids that airline pilots are black and so on, so they don't want this in the picture.

Sure, but what about the truth? There are a lot of murders amongst certain racial groups, and it often does involve drugs. Shouldn't people know?

The Rebel will persist because Brian Lilley isn't such hot shit on a hand-held camera. (He loses credibility to me simply because he was too quick to operate on the basis of fake news.) It's better to have a rank amateur with a camera walking around, reacting than a more staged presentation on a set.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

An important aspect of Antifa and the Proud Boys is that their confrontations are media events, every bit as much as he the Duffy trial was a media event. I mean by that that these events were staged to get film footage on television or the internet.

Whenever you get a wide shot of these battles, you see how few people are involved, and how all around them are people with cameras, some big heavy ones, moving in and out of the action. Some just telephone videos but there are cameras all over the place.

An important part of this, particularly on the Antifa side, is to get the footage of resistance. They are trying to get the idea across that people should physically purge Trump supporters from their friends, etc. It's providing footage for fake news, and you see the result with the neo-Nazi characterization of the conservatives at the rally.

They don't need facts, they have the narrative.
Toronto Centre





Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 632
Reputation: 93.5Reputation: 93.5
votes: 3
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:


there was a lot of media coverage on the demise of sun news and I clearly remember there being some people who were very happy to see it fail .

I have no doubts there were. And ?

So if the CBC or the Star failed you would be upset and disappointed would you?

Rhetorical question as we both know the answer.
Quote:

the more established Canadian media such as the CBC and such , don't like the rebel cause they have the nerve to publish stories they'd prefer people never heard about . things the government doesn't want people to talk about , like the refugee's illegally entering the country or CBC wasting our money

This is were you fail . No media in this country fail to talk about the news . All of the news. Can some perhaps be slow on the uptake? Sure. But why? Maybe another story they feel is more important ? Spread a bit too thin? Perhaps.

But the Rebel consistently blows the dog whistles for a very narrow band of news. If it ibvolves Islam, Gays, that sort of thing they are on it, of course in their non judgemental way :) .

Where is the coverage for the NAFTA talks (one minor article buried donw the page) , where is the coverage for the municipalities and their concerns, East Coast coverage? They fail on so many levels its hilarious.

So whats important for Rebel. Oh Oh OH....an Aussie Senator wore a burqa in the house.
So cutting edge , so newsworthy ! To be fair plenty other newsfeeds had it too. But they buried it in the filler section.
Quote:

its been a very tough week for the rebel but I think its established enough that it can continue as long as it tones things down a little and avoids controversy moving forward

but even if it doesn't continue something else will replace it and provide people with an alternative view point , there is so many people feed up with the CBC and liberal toronto star

By tough I hope you mean horrendous !

274 advertisers have quit. Every single political party , including the west parties have said to bugger off Rebel. A co founder has quit, many partisan and intelligent contributors have quit.

Then the weasal smells the wind and does what?

Fires Faith Goldy , the same Goldy who was down in C'ville reporting on behalf of Rebel, and now Ezra says she shouldnt have done that.

I call that self preservation , and throwing someone (who actually brought lots of eyeballs to the site) under the bus.
Toronto Centre





Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 632
Reputation: 93.5Reputation: 93.5
votes: 3
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
What are you tálking about, they are trying to shut them down right now. You're in the middle of it, celebrating it, urging it on. How blind can you be?

Oh, has someone gone and turned off the electricity on them?.. stolen the computers..?..applied for a govt agency to have them barred from the 'net and airwaves? Thrown them in jail to quiet them?

The only one here who is blind is the guy making up stories because his pet is being slaughtered for being bogus and without merit .

I wont celebrate a darn thing. Thats just you and your gloriously false assumptions . Will I smile if they go under. Sure, two seconds later I wont care. But I like when weasels get comeuppance.
Quote:

The way Trump reported it in his statement is the truth. A group of quiet protesters started it all, wanting to express their opposition to taking the statue down and renaming the park. They didn't seem particularly political people, but there were Alt Right people amongst them. It was more local people wanting to keep their park as it had always been.

Keep telling yourself that snowflake. There isnt a media outlet of any reknown who agrees with you.
Flail in the wind with that one. LOL.
Quote:

There is no Alt Right anymore. The Alt Right was a group were largely Republicans and Libertarians, but who began to, see this issues as global vrs national, rather than left vrs right. And it relates to identity groups by suggesting that everyone deserves a ''homeland'. Their 'racism'is the acceptance that racial/cultural groups all deserve to control the public space in their communities. It's a reaction to multiculturalism that cuts white Americans into the picture.

Good lord . You couldnt be more wrong if you tried.

Richard Spencer coined the term and he is very much alive. So , apparently is the KKK and other brain dead groups who want white supremacy and are jew bashers.

The alt right is alive and kicking and hopefully after this the moevment will die off like the KKK did many years ago.

Quote:

The Alt Right has dissolved itself, in so far as they were an organized group. They were mostly an internet group, they were the ones behind Pepe the Frog, and stuff like that. They started the terminology about "cuck-servatives". They loved to 'troll' the left-right people whenever they felt they were 'being manipulated emotionally.


LOL...revisionist bullshit and wholely without merit.
Quote:

it became clear the Antifa crowd meant to close the meeting down. Trouble was brewing. The Proud Boys got involved. The Proud Boys is a group that has formed to protect free speech, and they do it by stopping Antifa from closing down the meeting through violence, like the did at Berkeley, when Milo Y. was scheduled to speak.

The Proud Boys are alt light. Not alt right. Bet those CDN Armed Forces members regret being a part of that group !
Quote:

The Governor tried to shut the rally down, but a judge overruled him, because the group had already gotten a permit.

Wow. Do you actually believe the bull shit you spew?

The Mayor did no such thing. The City Manager did ask for it to be moved but not shut down. ...and he failed there.

Nice try buttercup.
Quote:

If anyone is really interested in what actually happened, ....

...then dont believe a word of Bugs and go out and learn the truth.

Like the rebel, you like making shite up.
Quote:


Our media universe will be poorer if the Rebel disappears.

Yes there will be no outlet to laugh at , none to mock the utter stupidity , homophobic, xenophobic ,biggoted stuff that they post.

Stick to the economic stuff . You post with intelligence there but in social issues you seem to go full on dumb.
Small town thinking.
Bugs





Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Posts: 4367
Reputation: 245
votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Poll: 62% of Americans Favor Keeping Confederate Statues
By Craig Bannister | August 17, 2017 | 1:53 PM EDT

A new Marist poll finds that 62% of Americans believe statues of Confederate leaders should be allowed to stand. What’s more, a majority of self-identified “Soft Democrats” say Confederate monuments should remain.

The survey of 1,125 adults (at least 18 years of age), conducted August 14-15, 2017 and sponsored in collaboration with NPR and PBS NewsHour, asked:

“Do you think statues honoring leaders of the Confederacy should?”

Results for “Independent” respondents mirrored that of all respondents, while Democrats favored removing the statues and Republicans were strongly in favor of preserving them:

“Remain as a historical symbol”:
Total: 62%
Democrats: 44%
Republicans: 86%,
Independents: 61%

“Be removed because they are offensive to some people”:
Total: 27%
Democrats: 47%,
GOP: 6%,
Independents: 27%

“Unsure”:
Total: 11%,
Democrats: 9%,
Republicans: 8%,
Independents: 12%
Among “Soft Democrats,” 52% said the statues should remain, while only 33% said they should be removed (15% unsure).

“Strong Democrats” favored removal, 57%-34%, with 9% unsure.

For the GOP, both strong (88%) and soft (86%) Republicans favored retaining the statutes honoring Confederate leaders, mirroring their overall average of 86%.
http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/cr.....te-statues


The section of the country most in favour of removing the statues -- although still not a majority -- is the North East -- Boston, New York, New Hampshire, Vermont, etc,

The media has made this seem like an issue that is splitting the country, with angry crowds demanding an end to these celebrations of white privilege. It turns out not so much. Only 'strong Democrats' support the idea, and they are't that solid on the issue.

But it was a chance to smear the media's political opponents.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The idea that Rebel Media can be taken down by these smears is disgusting. Make no mistake, Rebel Media has nothing to do with the issues. It illustrates their power to deceive that the media has and uses consciously to misguide. Rebel did nothing wrong.
But the Canadian media see an opportunity to turn their guns on it. The fact is -- they actually had a reporter on ground zero when the car ran into the crowd. Did the Globe & Mail? Did the CBC?

The initial coverage was hysteria and distorted the truth. But our guys only repeated the lies, and then turned their guns on Rebel -- why? Just exactly what stands up in the light of day, as criticism? There were two groups who squared off, one determined to close the rally down, using force, and another group were going to 'defend free speech because -- in previous rallies -- the police won't. That simple.

This is just a little backsplash got on the Rebel, because some of the snowflakes started to get anxious and clutched their pearls just in case. TC is one of hem -- so he just doubles down on his (unsupported) allegations. It''s what they do -- apparently they think if they repeat their stupid claims, they get stronger.

I wish he'd back his allegations up with something of substance, but ... you know ... substance is not his long suit. He acts like everybody knows ... but they don't.
RCO





Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 6684
Reputation: 238.9
votes: 3
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
RCO wrote:


there was a lot of media coverage on the demise of sun news and I clearly remember there being some people who were very happy to see it fail .

I have no doubts there were. And ?

So if the CBC or the Star failed you would be upset and disappointed would you?

Rhetorical question as we both know the answer.
Quote:

the more established Canadian media such as the CBC and such , don't like the rebel cause they have the nerve to publish stories they'd prefer people never heard about . things the government doesn't want people to talk about , like the refugee's illegally entering the country or CBC wasting our money

This is were you fail . No media in this country fail to talk about the news . All of the news. Can some perhaps be slow on the uptake? Sure. But why? Maybe another story they feel is more important ? Spread a bit too thin? Perhaps.

But the Rebel consistently blows the dog whistles for a very narrow band of news. If it ibvolves Islam, Gays, that sort of thing they are on it, of course in their non judgemental way :) .

Where is the coverage for the NAFTA talks (one minor article buried donw the page) , where is the coverage for the municipalities and their concerns, East Coast coverage? They fail on so many levels its hilarious.

So whats important for Rebel. Oh Oh OH....an Aussie Senator wore a burqa in the house.
So cutting edge , so newsworthy ! To be fair plenty other newsfeeds had it too. But they buried it in the filler section.
Quote:

its been a very tough week for the rebel but I think its established enough that it can continue as long as it tones things down a little and avoids controversy moving forward

but even if it doesn't continue something else will replace it and provide people with an alternative view point , there is so many people feed up with the CBC and liberal toronto star

By tough I hope you mean horrendous !

274 advertisers have quit. Every single political party , including the west parties have said to bugger off Rebel. A co founder has quit, many partisan and intelligent contributors have quit.

Then the weasal smells the wind and does what?

Fires Faith Goldy , the same Goldy who was down in C'ville reporting on behalf of Rebel, and now Ezra says she shouldnt have done that.

I call that self preservation , and throwing someone (who actually brought lots of eyeballs to the site) under the bus.



regardless what you think of the rebel's coverage of the news and current events , under Canadian laws we have a right to free speech and freedom of the press . those who don't think the rebel should exist and trying to eliminate its advertisers

are trying to end some of our most fundamental rights , freedom of speech , freedom of the press are something we should take great pride in . to try and take that away from us is truly disgusting

just cause they don't like the rebel does not give them the right to try and end its existence , it has a right to exist and cover the news

as for the reporters leaving , turnover is typical in the media industry , reporters come and go all the time , Brian Lilley had gone a great job covering Ottawa but someone else will fill that role just as well
Bugs





Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Posts: 4367
Reputation: 245
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should understand that The Rebel will probably never do a great job with Ottawa-type coverage, which is (more than anywhere else) geared to the olde journalism.

It's strength is its ability to take the camera places, and talk to participants. The Tommy Robinson stuff is great journalism. He is fact-based. The complaint against all these people is that they are 'vulgar' perhaps, or strident. Tommy gets into fights. But Tommy is trying to get people to face facts, and he is popular world-wide now.

They have power because they confront the official narrative with hostile evidence. It's anecdotal, perhaps, but that's the nature of the beast. Not always. If official news went back to the standards of professional journalism, and ran a genuinely open opinion section, the Rebel would seem like a tabloid.

But is that likely to happen in today's commercial world?

Whatever you say about The Rebel, and Ezra, you can't say he censors people, or manipulates in any way that isn't obvious. He and the people he enables, see issues from a conservative slant, rather than a liberal one. It's straight-forward from there. He's absolutely into protecting civil rights, and he knows what a hoax our so-called Human Rights Commissions are. In fact, they take our rights away. He's obsessive about all the right things.

People should rally to him. These kinds of smears shouldn't be allowed to work. Honest liberals ought to see that as well as conservatives.
Toronto Centre





Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 632
Reputation: 93.5Reputation: 93.5
votes: 3
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:

regardless what you think of the rebel's coverage of the news and current events , under Canadian laws we have a right to free speech and freedom of the press . those who don't think the rebel should exist and trying to eliminate its advertisers

We do have free speech and freedom of the press.

Not a single person of power has ever tried to deny those rights. Thats fact.

The advertisers have freedom of association, and 247 of them decided to exercise that right. They left Rebel.

So....can you explain just what rights have been denied?
Quote:

are trying to end some of our most fundamental rights , freedom of speech , freedom of the press are something we should take great pride in . to try and take that away from us is truly disgusting


It would be if anyone anywhere in this country was doing so . But we both know as a fact that no one is.

So what are you saying then?
Quote:

just cause they don't like the rebel does not give them the right to try and end its existence , it has a right to exist and cover the news

Wait...wait...dont people have freedom of speech and if they so desire they can protest against Rebel?

I see the problem....if its your dragon being slayed then its not right, but if its someone elses then its all good.
Stop being the hypocrite.
Quote:

as for the reporters leaving , turnover is typical in the media industry , reporters come and go all the time , Brian Lilley had gone a great job covering Ottawa but someone else will fill that role just as well

Turnover huh....thats what jumping ship all within the same weeks is called? Turnover?

Yea...Not.
Bugs





Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Posts: 4367
Reputation: 245
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TC is just flat-out lying. We do not have free speech. We can be penalized for speaking out against Moslems, for example. You can no longer use the word 'cocksucker' anymore, even in the purely contemptuous sense of the word. It's called hate speech. You can't even joke about a rabbi, a catholic priest and a pastor going into a bar ...

A comedian in Vancouver responded in kind to a couple of lesbian hecklers. He ended up being dragged before a Human Rights Tribunal, assessed a big fine -- $20,000 range -- in a procedure where he didn't get to cross-examine the evidence, and for which there was no precedent. He couldn't even have known what his offense was because it had never happened before.

It wasn't the heckling back that got him in deep shit, it was because it was lesbians who he was responding to. He was also forbidden to use that kind of lesbian jokes in his act or to say anything about his case to the public.

That's pretty Orwellian. I am pretty sure TC knows about these cases. I'm sure he knows of Mark Steyn's case, where he was prosecuted for what he wrote in a NY Times best seller book because he had offended a Moslem group.

But do you know why Faith Goldie was fired? Because she was giving generally favourable treatment to the people coming to the park for the rally. And while the skinhead element was there, apparently, there was a mix of people who care about Southern history and statues and things like that. And they were only going into the park, whatever craziness (if any) they had in mind, not setting up their antics before the park.

That's what TC wants more of!

In other words we have free speech as long as we don't offend any of the charter victim groups. Which is hardly free speech.

These days, if you go on to a campus and set up a table offering info on how easy abstinence is if you want to avoid the risk of AIDS, and all the other diseases and medical conditions that anal intercourse leads to, you would be called a homophobe in about 30 seconds, and they'd be trying to get you closed down in a twinkling.

TC says these things just as flat assertions. He's a propagandist. People shouldn't give him any credibility. But that's up to them -- believe who you will.

I have another challenge for what we can jokingly call "TC's judgement".

This is another item from the present wave of left-wing iconoclasm going on in the Hysterial State of America. Charlottesville is a part of this wave. The Rebel seems to be caught in the backwash. So it's on topic.

Quote:
Christopher Columbus monument in Baltimore smashed to combat ‘white supremacy’
By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Monday, August 21, 2017

A monument to Christopher Columbus that was over 200 years old was smashed with a sledgehammer Monday morning to combat a “culture of white supremacy.”

A YouTube channel titled “Popular Resistance” posted footage of men in hoodies destroying a monument to Columbus and his famous voyage in 1492. The individuals carried signs that read “Racism: Tear it down,” and “The future is racial and economic justice.”

The Baltimore Brew, an independent website run by veteran journalists, first reported on the crime, which took place near Herring Run Park.

“Racist monuments to slave owners and murderers have always bothered me,” a narrator identified as Tye says in his YouTube video. “Baltimore’s poverty is concentrated in African-American households, and these statues are just an extra slap in the face. They were built in the 20th century in response to a movement for African Americans’ human dignity. What kind of a culture goes to such lengths to build such hate-filled monuments? What kind of a culture clings to those monuments in 2017? The culture of white supremacy preceded the United States. It’s at the foundation of U.S. culture, business, bureaucracies and psychology.”

The text that was destroyed on the 44-foot-tall monument read: “Sacred to the Memory of Chris. Columbus Oct. XII MDCC VIIIC,” the Baltimore Brew reported.
http://www.washingtontimes.com.....e-smashed/


Your challenge, TC, should you choose to accept it, is to find a way to use this to attack Rebel Media ...

Whoppers allowed!
Toronto Centre





Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 632
Reputation: 93.5Reputation: 93.5
votes: 3
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
We do not have free speech.

One of your beliefs I take it...oh wait..
Bugs wrote:
In other words we have free speech


Confused much?
Quote:

(A) We can be penalized for speaking out against Moslems, for example. (B)You can no longer use the word 'cocksucker' anymore, even in the purely contemptuous sense of the word. It's called hate speech. (C)You can't even joke about a rabbi, a catholic priest and a pastor going into a bar ...

LOL !
(A) No you can't be. If so, please show a source?
(B) In polite company perhaps, but totally legal language. If not..source?
(C) Sure you can. No charges ! If not ...source?

Take your time as this will be very hard...naw, hold on, dont waste your time as I am 100% positive that all these are legally protected rights . But give it a shot if you want.


Quote:

A comedian in Vancouver responded in kind to a couple of lesbian hecklers. He ended up being dragged before a Human Rights Tribunal, assessed a big fine -- $20,000 range -- in a procedure where he didn't get to cross-examine the evidence, and for which there was no precedent. He couldn't even have known what his offense was because it had never happened before.

It wasn't the heckling back that got him in deep shit, it was because it was lesbians who he was responding to. He was also forbidden to use that kind of lesbian jokes in his act or to say anything about his case to the public.

That's pretty Orwellian. I am pretty sure TC knows about these cases. I'm sure he knows of Mark Steyn's case, where he was prosecuted for what he wrote in a NY Times best seller book because he had offended a Moslem group.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. You havent got this even remotely correct, much like your opening salvo.

Please, read up on stuff before you post, its embarassing.
Quote:

But do you know why Faith Goldie was fired?

Um...yeah, I told you yesterday. Senior moment there pops?
Quote:

Because she was giving generally favourable treatment to the people coming to the park for the rally. And while the skinhead element was there, apparently, there was a mix of people who care about Southern history and statues and things like that. And they were only going into the park, whatever craziness (if any) they had in mind, not setting up their antics before the park.

You sir are full of shit.

She got fired for commiserating and appearing on a podcast with a neo-nazi website The Daily Stormer.

Ez' own words..." But then I saw the news that she went on a podcast from the Daily Stormer, and it was just too far. So we said goodbye."

"saw the news"....oh thats too funny. Sure Ez...ya didnt know. Right.
Quote:



In other words we have free speech as long as we don't offend any of the charter victim groups. Which is hardly free speech.

These days, if you go on to a campus and set up a table offering info on how easy abstinence is if you want to avoid the risk of AIDS, and all the other diseases and medical conditions that anal intercourse leads to, you would be called a homophobe in about 30 seconds, and they'd be trying to get you closed down in a twinkling.

TC says these things just as flat assertions. He's a propagandist. People shouldn't give him any credibility. But that's up to them -- believe who you will.

Um...All of those can be done unless it is on private property. If not please show me? Thnks.
Quote:

I have another challenge for what we can jokingly call "TC's judgement".

We? Theres only you and you speak llike some small mass of folks read your ignorance. Well , I guess they do but not a single poster backs you up.

Stick with the "I". Its all you have.



Quote:
Christopher Columbus monument in Baltimore smashed to combat ‘white supremacy’
By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Monday, August 21, 2017

A monument to Christopher Columbus that was over 200 years old was smashed with a sledgehammer Monday morning to combat a “culture of white supremacy.”

A YouTube channel titled “Popular Resistance” posted footage of men in hoodies destroying a monument to Columbus and his famous voyage in 1492. The individuals carried signs that read “Racism: Tear it down,” and “The future is racial and economic justice.”

The Baltimore Brew, an independent website run by veteran journalists, first reported on the crime, which took place near Herring Run Park.

“Racist monuments to slave owners and murderers have always bothered me,” a narrator identified as Tye says in his YouTube video. “Baltimore’s poverty is concentrated in African-American households, and these statues are just an extra slap in the face. They were built in the 20th century in response to a movement for African Americans’ human dignity. What kind of a culture goes to such lengths to build such hate-filled monuments? What kind of a culture clings to those monuments in 2017? The culture of white supremacy preceded the United States. It’s at the foundation of U.S. culture, business, bureaucracies and psychology.”

The text that was destroyed on the 44-foot-tall monument read: “Sacred to the Memory of Chris. Columbus Oct. XII MDCC VIIIC,” the Baltimore Brew reported.
http://www.washingtontimes.com.....e-smashed/


Your challenge, TC, should you choose to accept it, is to find a way to use this to attack Rebel Media ...

Whoppers allowed![/quote]
Use this to attack the Rebel.

Hmm...something happens in to a statue in Baltimore should be used to attack the media called Rebel based in Toronto .

Wow. Just wow.

Stunning fail on your part . Milk and cookies, its past 6 pm. Go get your jammies on.

Good lord you do provide fodder for chuckles. Idiotic fodder nonetheless but hey, its all you got !

Sleep tight. Depends too !
RCO





Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 6684
Reputation: 238.9
votes: 3
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( ezra just put out a plan to save the rebel )


They want to kill the Rebel. It's now or never. Ezra shows you his plan to fight back




Quick Navigation THE CAUSE
WHAT HAPPENED?
MY PLAN
STAND WITH US


A lot of people want The Rebel to die, and this seems to be their moment; they’re all piling on.

The mainstream media says we’re dead already. Canada’s biggest newspaper, The Toronto Star wrote, "Is this the beginning of the end for Canada’s Rebel Media?” Their answer, is "of course". But they’ve said that since the day we were born.

It’s really been just 30 journalists, but when they all have newspapers or TV stations or websites, it can sound like the whole world is screaming at you.

But I’m not going to let you down. I’m not hiding, quitting, or going away.

THE CAUSE

It all started when Faith Goldy went to Charlottesville, Virginia where the alt-right and the alt-left had duelling-protests.

Faith was standing near the leftists, when an alt-right extremist rammed his car into them, killing one person. Faith caught it all on tape. It was an act of terrorism. And it immediately transformed the nature of the alt-right from peaceful cranks to a violent danger.

Faith shouldn’t have even gone to Charlottesville; I asked her not to go, even as a reporter. The alt-right isn’t who we are at the Rebel — they’re racist and their torch-lit march was really nothing more than a Ku Klux Klan rally.

Last Monday, I wrote a staff memo clarifying our position on the alt-right — we’ve never been alt-right, we’re against it.

WHAT HAPPENED?

Brian Lilley announced he won't do any more freelance videos for us, because he doesn't like our ideas anymore — something he never mentioned to us.

Sun columnists have been told by their editors not to come on our shows anymore either.

We had a Rebel Cruise planned for November, like we did last year. But Norwegian Cruise Line just ripped up all of our tickets, no warning, no explanation.

For the past four days, our website was unavailable in most of the world when a DNS provider (part of the internet), would no longer allow a partner to host our domain, on 24 hours notice with no explanation.

Conservative politicians like Andrew Scheer began blacklisting us too.

Two disgruntled former Rebel staffers in the UK threatened to smear the Rebel and our UK star, Tommy Robinson unless we paid them hush money. I met with them to tell them I wouldn’t but they secretly recorded our conversation, and edited clips of it, making it look really bad.

On cue, Trudeau’s Liberals started bashing The Rebel in fundraising letters. Then so did Rachel Notley’s NDP. They wanted to try and end our journalism, so we could no longer hold them accountable.

MY PLAN

We’re going to make some changes around here. Not because 30 journalists hate us. But because we need to fix a few things if we’re going to get to the next level.

1. Bring in more management help to run the business side of The Rebel.

I am part of the problem. I just can’t run the whole company. Maybe I could when we were just eight people in my living room. But not now, with 45 people in four countries, I can’t do my show, and all our campaigns, and also run the company. I need help.

We’ve retained a professional corporate recruiter to find another business manager.

2. We need to hire a managing editor to help on the content side.

When we were small — I used to watch every single video before we put it online. But then I got really busy, we all did. We’ve done more than 6,500 videos, hundreds of full shows. And they’re great. But even if 1% of them were wrong editorially, that could embarrass us. And I think it has.

I think we need more oversight — not more censorship, just to make sure we’re really being on brand with what we believe, what we stand for.

3. Hire new on-air talent and journalists.

We’ve lost Faith Goldy, and some other freelancers. And I should tell you that Gavin McInnes is leaving us at the end of the month — that’s been in the works for a while. So this gives us a real chance to reboot with a new team, new talent, new journalists. To really prove that we have gone back to our roots, journalistically.

4. Transparency in crowdfunding.

We’re going to reboot without taking a dollar from the government. We’re going to do it the same way we built the company — through your support, through crowdfunding.

Some people have asked me to disclose more about our crowdfunding. So I thought: why not? We’re not in trouble for any real reason. So, we published the statistics to our website, at www.TheRebel.media/trust.

STAND WITH US

If you want us to live, please tell me. And my staff. Sign up below to tell us that you stand with The Rebel.

I want to show my team that there may be 30 screaming leftist journalists out there. But there are 30,000 quiet allies who are standing with us, even after our bumpy week.

We are Canada’s last, best chance at having any sort of conservative media, any sort of opposition to Trudeau and Notley and Wynne and all the think-alikes and busybodies.

I’m a flawed leader who has made mistakes. But as long as you stand with me, I will still stand.

https://www.therebel.media/stand-with-the-rebel
Bugs





Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Posts: 4367
Reputation: 245
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that The Rebel has value and will be supported. I think that Ezra's nonsense about Goldy does him no credit. She went despite him? Does that mean that he, too, thinks that the event shouldn't be covered? She had the guts to go, and her reporting was good. That doesn't even seem to be the question. It's that she associated The Rebel with the alt right.

As for TC ... sorry, you're wasting my time. You're wasting my keystrokes.

This is interesting, an interview of an antifa warrior ... the interviewer is a dedicated Bernie supporter, not a horrible right winger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF2aGRuVD90
RCO





Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 6684
Reputation: 238.9
votes: 3
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rebel open to a reboot after controversies, founder Ezra Levant says


Levant is now admitting things need to change, saying he’s been a flawed leader who has made mistakes.


Ezra Levant detailed the proposed changes for The Rebel in a statement late Tuesday, following a memo last week where he sought to distance The Rebel from allegations it’s aligned with the so-called “alt-right.”



By The Canadian Press

Tues., Aug. 22, 2017



OTTAWA—The founder of the online news site The Rebel admits its content and management need more oversight in the wake of a string of controversies.

One reporter was fired, another founder quit and two other contributors resigned last week after the outlet came under intense criticism for its coverage of deadly riots in Virginia.

Ezra Levant is now admitting things need to change, saying he’s been a flawed leader who has made mistakes.

He says he’s going to bring in better oversight of both the business and editorial side of the operation and hire new journalists.

He’s also pledging greater transparency for the outlet’s finances, after two other former contributors levied a string of allegations over where The Rebel’s largely crowdsourced budget is actually going.



Levant detailed the proposed changes in a statement late Tuesday, following a memo last week where he sought to distance The Rebel from allegations it’s aligned with the so-called “alt-right.”


https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2017/08/22/the-rebel-open-to-a-reboot-after-controversies-founder-ezra-levant-says.html
Toronto Centre





Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 632
Reputation: 93.5Reputation: 93.5
votes: 3
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now now....bugs is saying Rebel is all good, no issues, never done a bad thing.

WTF is Ezra goinmg on about. Cant he just ask bugs?

:lol:
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Ezra Levant rejects the alt -right

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB