Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject: Steve Bannon out at the white house Reply with quote

( well speculated for some time , the news has broke that he is actually leaving , not sure why there was such an obsession about him to being with )

Steve Bannon 'going to war' at Breitbart after Trump ousts White House Chief Strategist

Jonathan Lemire and Jill Colvin, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

First posted: Friday, August 18, 2017 01:09 PM EDT | Updated: Friday, August 18, 2017 10:04 PM EDT

WASHINGTON — Steve Bannon, the blunt-spoken and divisive strategist who rose from Donald Trump’s conservative campaign to a top White House post, was pushed out by the president Friday, capping a turbulent seven months marked by the departure of much of Trump’s original senior staff.

A favourite in the farther-right portions of the Republican Party, Bannon had pushed Trump to follow through on some of his most contentious campaign promises, including his travel ban for some foreigners and his decision to pull out of the Paris climate change agreement. He returned Friday to Breitbart News, which he led before joining Trump’s campaign, as executive chairman and chaired its evening editorial meeting, the news site announced.

Barely more than a half-year in, Trump now has forced out his hardline national security adviser, his chief of staff, his press secretary (whose last day will be Aug. 31) and two communications directors — in addition to the FBI director he inherited from Barack Obama.

Bannon’s departure is especially significant since he was viewed by many as Trump’s connection to his base of most-committed voters and the protector of the disruptive, conservative agenda that propelled the celebrity businessman to the White House.

“It’s a tough pill to swallow if Steve is gone because you have a Republican West Wing that’s filled with generals and Democrats,” said former campaign strategist Sam Nunberg, shortly before the news of Bannon’s departure broke. “It would feel like the twilight zone.”

From Breitbart, there was a dramatic one-word warning.

“#WAR,” tweeted Joel B. Pollak, a senior editor at large at the news site.

Indeed, Bannon’s nationalistic, outsider conservatism served as a guiding force for Trump’s rise to office. He injected a dark populism into the campaign and sharpened its attacks on Democrat Hillary Clinton, encouraging Trump’s instinct to fight and counter-punch at every turn. When the release of a 2005 tape, in which Trump can be heard boasting about groping women, threatened to capsize the Republican’s campaign, Bannon attempted to turn the tables by gathering a group of women who accused Bill Clinton of sexual assault and trying to ambush the Democratic nominee at a general election debate.

Without him, Trump’s agenda is left in the hands of more moderate advisers, including his son-in-law, his daughter and his economic adviser whom Bannon has slammed as “globalist.”

But Bannon was also accused by many of his critics of leaking to reporters in a bid for self-promotion, and egging on Trump’s most damaging impulses.

Trump spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Bannon and Chief of Staff John Kelly, only recently installed himself, had agreed that Friday would be Bannon’s last day.

“We are grateful for his service and wish him the best,” she said in the only statement from the White House.

A combative and unorthodox Republican, Bannon was a contentious presence in a White House divided by warring staff loyalties. He repeatedly clashed with other top advisers, most notably Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner. His puppet-master image also drew the ire of the president, who at times bristled at the perception that Bannon was the mastermind of his winning campaign and the force behind White House policies.

One person close to Bannon said he had offered his resignation to Trump on Aug. 7. It was to go into effect a week later, the one-year anniversary of when he officially joined Trump’s presidential campaign. But the departure was delayed after the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, said the person, who spoke only on condition of anonymity to discuss private conversations.

In fact, Bannon has been on shaky ground for weeks, and his job appeared in jeopardy when Kelly announced that he’d be embarking on a personnel review of West Wing staff.

Though Bannon had adopted a lower profile in recent weeks, he again became a flashpoint following criticism from the right of national security adviser H.R. McMaster, which some blamed on him, and Trump’s refusal to blame white nationalists for the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Earlier this week, The American Prospect posted an interview in which he contradicted Trump by saying there was no military solution to the threat posed by North Korea and its nuclear ambitions. Just last week, Trump pledged to answer North Korean aggression with “fire and fury.”

Bannon also talked about purging his rivals from the Defence and State departments, as though he were in charge.

In recent remarks, the president has downplayed Bannon’s role in his campaign and passed up an opportunity to express confidence in him publicly.

“He’s a good person. He actually gets very unfair press in that regard,” Trump said earlier this week. “But we’ll see what happens with Mr. Bannon.”

Trump had recently signalled to confidants that he was going to dismiss Bannon but had not settled on a timeframe, according to another person who had discussed the matter with the president but was not authorized to speak publicly about private discussions and insisted on anonymity. Still, Bannon had been telling people as recently as this week that he believed his job was safe and he would leave only if fired.

Several sources said Bannon has been hinting for weeks that he might soon return to the helm of Breitbart News. At one point he was casually discussing the matter as though it was a certainty, according to a Bannon associate who demanded anonymity to share private conversations.

Bannon told Bloomberg politics in an interview that he’ll be continuing to fight the same fights, just from outside the White House.

“If there’s any confusion out there, let me clear it up: I’m leaving the White House and going to war for Trump against his opponents — on Capitol Hill, in the media, and in corporate America,” Bannon told the outlet.

Still, Bannon is telling allies he intends to hold the administration accountable if it falters on campaign promises.

Lemire reported from New York. Associated Press writers Julie Bykowicz and Bradley Klapper contributed to this report.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017.....house-post
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can anyone know what's really going on? There's so much fake news about the palace intrigue in the White House that I don't know if any of it can be believed. Do any of us know what they would be fighting about? Or if the intrigue is any greater than it was in other recent administrations?

The media read it as the expulsion of the populist element of the administration. It may have some truth in it because he'd be in "the room where it happens", but the main thing about Trump is that he has great instincts.

There's some reason to believe he fired himself. He has hidden from the press ever since the election. A week ago, he initiated an interview in which he seemed to attack Trump's approach to North Korea. I wonder if he saw he was marginal to the operation taking shape at the White House, and may have wanted out because he felt he was being kept around as a sop to a part of Trump's constituency.

Bannon himself seems happy about it.

Who knows?
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
How can anyone know what's really going on? There's so much fake news about the palace intrigue in the White House that I don't know if any of it can be believed. Do any of us know what they would be fighting about? Or if the intrigue is any greater than it was in other recent administrations?

This is what I found so interesting about coverage of this White House.

I remember in early February a network reported that the President was walking around the West Wing aimlessly sharing with anyone how "hard" the job was and he didn't expect that.

Then two days later, same network, same reporter, damned the President for being so Secretive and only having spoken to five people at the White House since he took office.

So which was it?

The situation with Steve Bannon has been particularly interesting because the reasoning behind his departure seems to change wildly depending on who is reporting it.
Bugs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An indication of the falsity of the news. They want to make Trump into an incompetent buffoon, on one front, and a potent force for evil on the other. They still haven't settled on anything.

It takes some time, but if you go upstream on the Charlotteville outburst, you see that the media were, from the first moment, making claims about neo-Nazis. There never was a reason to publish as fact that a group of Nazis attacked Antifa. They not only didn't fact check, they accepted a slander as fact from the get-go. They ran with footage of a melee, and basically presented Antifa's point of view on the soundtrack.

Even the driver of the car that rammed into the crowd is ambiguous.

Without getting into 'conspiracy theory' talk, the attackers were Antifa. They proclaimed their determination to close down the rally from the start. The 'Nazi' terminology is Antifa talk. Antifa has tactics, and they use intimidation and verbal abuse more than violence. Their goal was to shut down the rally, to scare people away. They isolate people and gang up on them, they use poles and have weapons like concrete filled bottles swung in socks. You don't want to fall down, because they will jump on you like pack animals, kicking and clubbing. It gets into explosives.

For a middle-aged couple carrying lawn chairs, it isn't something they want to go through.

The other group is just as determined that this not happen. In other rallies, the police were keeping the two sides apart, and the Proud Boys showed up, determined not to allow Antifa to shut down the rally, so it amounted to sets of growling dogs at the entrances to the protest/rally area.

That wasn't the situation this time. The key to the situation is the police, and where do you see any coverage of the police? The police are under the control of the mayor and the governor. Both are hardcore Democrats, with the governor a possible contender for the 2020 nomination. At a minimum, the police let this happen and didn't even come in late to stop it.

This will be used to put a permanent stigma on the Trump administration. You watch. You can see how TC responds automatically. He knows what he's supposed to do. That's what that crowd is like -- or worse. Do you think facts matter to zealots?

I am not asking you to take a position on the event itself. I just mean to point out how much of the media is actively involved in an organized attempt of branding the MAGA crowd as racists!

The media are actively deceiving people with their coverage. This is only an extreme example.

They do it in three ways. First, they create events to support 'narratives' that are pure creations. I call these 'pseudo-events' because they wouldn't have happened without the media.

Secondly, they do it be distorting the importance of some things, and diminishing the importance of others on a politically selective basis. In some cases, they black out stories ltogether.

Third, you notice, it isn't really permissible for Trump to locate the responsibility for the violence on both parties. That is the burden of the media's reactions to Trump's statement is that he didn't pick one group as villains. And it better not be the Proud Boys.

And fourth, sometimes they distract attention from what the public ought to be most concerned about. Look how quickly the Korean issue has disappeared because the media doesn't want to report that Trump's counter-threats seem to be working. Again, just an example but they don't want to show us any of Trump's approaches working.

Back to Charlottesville -- if you look deeper, you see participants and other people wondering why the police are standing by. It looks like they were part of the effort to get this footage. They ought to have kept the two parties apart, and ensured safe entrance to the park. They did not. Their presence seemed to assure entrants to the park up until they got to the entrance. The they saw they would have to go through a gauntlet to get into the park. Fights broke out. Someone drove a car into Antifa. That's what ended it.

This was an event one group was trying to have, almost hiding it behind an attempt to save this one statue. Was Antifa used to hijack the event? Would the Democrats love to have that to use in a political struggle to topple the regime? It is certainly possible. Antifa wear masks because they mean to commit crimes, but that have no control over how their image is used.

The scary part, for me, is it feels like exactly what the intelligence services of the USA do when they want to change the regime in a foreign country.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They want to make Trump into an incompetent buffoon

Gosh, with all his failures so far I figured he did that to himself.

A whole post with nothing to back you up. Any chance you have something we could read that brings us to the same conclusion?

And in the spirit of fairness, you are (anyone actually) free to ask for back up on anything I post so go right ahead.

Cuz...you know that bastion of knowledge Ezra even disagrees with you , insofar he distancing himself w what went down and also firing Goldy.

Almost evey single media outlet of repute has disagreed with you.
Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's why we have horse-races, isn't it. Welcome to the place where diversity of opinion is allowed ... even for those, like yourself, who don't know a fact-based argument from a snotty attitude.

I gave some of my reasons for supporting Rebel Media. It is user-funded, and it has a weird mix of the fallout from Sun TV to Gavin McInnes, who you probably don't know has quite a track record. Who else but Ezra would get a guy like Tommy Robinson on? He's a knobby working British lout who is trying to raise a family in a town being taken over by Moslems.

Whatever you say, The Rebel makes interesting, fact-based videos that play all over the world. This is great content, and it shows an on-the-street reality that we haven't seen since Moses Znaimer ... and this is made by the participant! No editors or censors!

I guess you're the kind of sour old lemon that thinks Michale Enright has something new to say? (He's been yammering on like that since the 70ies. The Inevitable Heaviness of Being Important ... his biography title.)

All this crap is whipped up hysteria being channelled to a political purpose. The Rebel did nothing wrong in Charlottesville. You are just doing your bit.

They just has a Pro-free speech rally in Boston. Most of the attendees were lefty-ish -- they set up little booths and had some amplification, but they were representing things like Black Lives Matter, non-GMO foods, anti-Monsanto activism. There didnt seem to be a headline speaker. There no skinhead groups there. But there were reported to be 40 000 protesters out, trying to shut down the rally though I haven't heard of violence. It turns out a lot of Liberals value free speech as well. Who knew?

But Antifa is amongst the protesters, and they are calling the people in the park Nazis because they're supporting free speech ... some of rhis stuff gets so ridiculous ... because Antifa doesn't know anything about the real Nazis.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
Well that's why we have horse-races, isn't it. Welcome to the place where diversity of opinion is allowed ... even for those, like yourself, who don't know a fact-based argument from a snotty attitude.

Its funny, you keep saying that yet when pressed on specifics you seem to run and hide.
There are a number of posts whereby I call you out and voila.....stays that way since you dont/cant back up your assertions.
Quote:

I gave some of my reasons for supporting Rebel Media. It is user-funded, and it has a weird mix of the fallout from Sun TV to Gavin McInnes, who you probably don't know has quite a track record. Who else but Ezra would get a guy like Tommy Robinson on? He's a knobby working British lout who is trying to raise a family in a town being taken over by Moslems.

Gavin McInnes.. Yes, well aware of the anti-jewish stance (among other stupid stances-West is best.LOL)

You Sir are quite correct though, who else but Ezra would hire a serial criminal dumbass like Tommy...er Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon and also going by the names Andrew McMaster and Paul Harris. Which name do you call him.

Just by your association and fawning admiration with these idiots is enough for anyone to peg you.
Lets see, anti Jewish, black, muslim....did I forget anything?
Quote:

Whatever you say, The Rebel makes interesting, fact-based videos that play all over the world. This is great content, and it shows an on-the-street reality that we haven't seen since Moses Znaimer ... and this is made by the participant! No editors or censors!

Well, your opinion is just that. Misguided no doubt since the KKK and most other idiotic racist videos are seen " all over the world" .
Quote:

All this crap is whipped up hysteria being channelled to a political purpose. The Rebel did nothing wrong in Charlottesville. You are just doing your bit.

Hmm....you obviously dont understand much since 247 advertisers, writers employed now gone (the heavy hitters per se) and internet carriers are fleeing the ship.

How you can reconcile all that and still puff up your chest as some supporter of Rebel is hilarious !
We all know they did much wrong otherwise there would be none of this handwashing FROM ALL SIDES !!
Keep those blinders on k ?

It is amusing that those on the far right engage in this stupidity. Pretty sad and speaks volumes to the lack of critical teaching skills that were purveyed upon them.

Thankfully, my education was much better.
Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see any purpose to responding. I give lots of backup, certainly more than TC does.

I put together a quick list of the interesting videos that The Rebel present. It's by no means all. They also, by the way, refute some of the 'spin', and these are heavily fact-based presentations.

So I dismiss this ...

There's nothing wrong with Ezra Levant. and there's nothing wrong with Rebel Media, and TC is simply trying to direct some of the poisonous bile in the atmosphere towards an enemy institution. He uses this term 'alt right' to stigmatize a larger group with the sins of Hollywood white supremicists. He hopes to frighten away those squeamish about their precious reputations.

That's all I see. All these allegations of racism are just the bottom-of-the-barrel slime that people like TC -- he's only one example -- use to end the discussion. Am I a racist in his book? I dunno ... but it's an easy slur, and the left uses the charge to deflect attention off other issues. Even white supremacists can have a point once in awhile.

But you have to have a pedigree to have an opinion, in TC's world. (Didja know he's a civil servant?)

Where are TC's specifics that back up his allegations? We get the innuendo, we want to know if there's anything more to it. Is there, TC?

Where's the factual basis for YOUR innuendos, TC? Why has The Rebel ever done that would justify stigmatizing them?
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
I can't see any purpose to responding.
I understand that. Seems it is what you do when ya gots nuttin !
Quote:

So I dismiss this ...
Of course you do.
Quote:

There's nothing wrong with Ezra Levant.

If there is nothing wrong w Ezra, ignoring the horrible record he has in lawsuits , ignoring the advertisers jumping ship in droves,senior staff quitting, ALL political parties refusing to associate w him/it ....wait, are you his Mommy?

Question, is this his third or fourth spectacular media failure? I cant recall .
Quote:
and there's nothing wrong with Rebel Media, and TC is simply trying to direct some of the poisonous bile in the atmosphere towards an enemy institution. He uses this term 'alt right' to stigmatize a larger group with the sins of Hollywood white supremicists. He hopes to frighten away those squeamish about their precious reputations.
I really dont give much of a rats ass other than its kind of fun to watch the bile he has spewed to come back in droves .

Even as student in high school he was not well liked. Butu being liked is nothing on its own.
Quote:

That's all I see. All these allegations of racism are just the bottom-of-the-barrel slime that people like TC -- he's only one example -- use to end the discussion. Am I a racist in his book? I dunno ... but it's an easy slur, and the left uses the charge to deflect attention off other issues. Even white supremacists can have a point once in awhile.

Riiiight....being openly anti semitic....being openly anti muslim....advocating for whites only...
I see that getting called out on issues one promotes is being used to " end the discussion"....aint no logic in that now is there?
Quote:

But you have to have a pedigree to have an opinion, in TC's world. (Didja know he's a civil servant?)

No you dont. Pedigree? Oh my ! Im flattered..I think.

Civil servant? Um no...not the first time I have cleared that up, wont be the last, nor will it be the last time you make a colossal error on me. I have intimated what I do and it certainly not being in the civil service. Wouldnt mind their pension though.
Quote:

Where are TC's specifics that back up his allegations? We get the innuendo, we want to know if there's anything more to it. Is there, TC?

I put it in writing, can you read?

I asked, tell me what you want on a specific matter and I will respond. Simple as that, however it seems a bit too much for you. Go ahead...take some days , Ill wait.
Quote:

Where's the factual basis for YOUR innuendos, TC? Why has The Rebel ever done that would justify stigmatizing them?
Well, first off , they are not my innuendos but matters known to anyone keeping up.

The Rebel has done lots to themselves. It is very well known.

Once you get to either end of the spectrum you are in land of loonies , idiots, conspiracy halfwits, racists/facists and generally people of very low IQ.

That is equal on both extremes, right and the left. The outer regions are filled w people who dont know shite from shinola.

The fact that Ezra chose to associate w anti semitic morons is on him, and incredibly he being Jewish is quite funny since he is/was propping them up.
Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I want to thank TC, once again, for making my point.

Rebel has 850,000 subscribers. How many does TC have?

But the part of this shovel of dung that I want to respond to is here --

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I put it in writing, can you read?

Where? I must have missed that Surely TC doesn't mean the meaningless drivel about lawsuits, and all of that? Don't publishers routinely have these problems? And his cases in the Kangaroo ... er, Human Rights ... thingies do him credit.

Quote:
I asked, tell me what you want on a specific matter and I will respond. Simple as that, however it seems a bit too much for you. Go ahead...take some days , Ill wait.

Well what are your specific charges against Rebel Media? What did it do that led you to start doing victory laps and running your mouth?

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Well, first off , they are not my innuendos but matters known to anyone keeping up.

The Rebel has done lots to themselves. It is very well known.

In my book, if there is no evidence, it's innuendo. TC says everything is 'well known'-- then how come nobody knows it? He doesn't seem to be able to list of any abuses -- just that the Moslem Federation of whatever took him to the Human Rights Commission because he published the Mohammed cartoons when no body else would. He doesn't diddle kids or have porn on his hard drive. He's just building a business, and a pretty good one too.

You don't have anything, do you TC?
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: According to the HuffPo it is now 300 advertisers who have fled Rebel.

Phew, 300 jump, a founder jumps,the smart pro writers jump, Dumb DUmb fires Faith w some "Gosh, we didnt know she would go there BS" , every political party wants nothing to do with them.
Their fundraising cruise gets cancelled.

Ezra stupidly tries to jump out ahead of a shakedown and doesnt realize he made it worse since he knew what these guys were all about.

And thats just one week !

Come on Ezra, you can do much better next week!

A week....a week.

Oh yea, third media failure for Ez . For a lawyer he really is a shitty one, but maybe he is better suited for that than media. Cuz ya know....media is not his strongsuit, thats for sure.

ETA: Rebel media is ranked at # 1701 in the country
https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/therebel.media
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet ... you still can't list a specific charge against The Rebel. What exactly are you alleging they did wrong?

You don't know, do you? You can't point to anything, can you. You pretend that everybody knows, but everybody doesn't know. So tell us ...

You are just feeding the hysteria because you want to see an opponent taken down. It doesn't matter that nothing actually happened. You are trying to paint him with guilt by association, and you aren't even sure if the ones you are associating him with are guilty anything. Except a thought-crime. Oops, there goes that Orwellian thing again.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to Bannon ...

Dick Morris has an interesting take on the Bannon firing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bayyt6Iurtg

Bannon is now proclaiming that the Trump government is no longer an insurgent presidency.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
And yet ... you still can't list a specific charge against The Rebel. What exactly are you alleging they did wrong?

You don't know, do you? You can't point to anything, can you. You pretend that everybody knows, but everybody doesn't know. So tell us ...

No, the problem is you refuse to read and see what is going on in this particular area.

You are wilfully ignorant of everything the Rebel has done and said.

I laid out specific lawsuits, charges, abandonment by employees, racism, bigotry and the like.

Even Ez is now saying that Rebel needs a reboot.

The owner......didja hear that..The Owner is saying it...yet here you all ostrichy with your head .

Now thats funny !
Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you still can't ... and haven't ... been able to make a specific charge of anything. You are fanning a hysteria that seems to be centred in government education.

Betcha believe in global warming ... er, climate change ... dont'cha?

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: