Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Haitian illegals flood Quebec border entry points Reply with quote

Quote:
'We're close to the limit': Big O becomes a shelter as refugees flow from U.S.

An increasing wave of Haitian refugee claimants forced officials to open a temporary shelter in the Olympic Stadium Wednesday while scrambling to keep up with a demand that shows no signs of slowing down.

The first busload of asylum seekers arrived at the stadium early Wednesday morning. About 150 beds had been set up over the weekend.

Francine Dupuis, who oversees PRAIDA, a government-funded program to help refugees get on their feet in Quebec, said the number of refugee claimants in recent months is unprecedented.

Most of the current arrivals are Haitians fleeing the United States because they fear their temporary resident status in that country will be revoked. Hoping to find connect with Montreal’s deep-rooted Haitian community, they’re crossing the border into Quebec.

“It’s unheard of,” Dupuis said. “In 30 years, I’ve never seen this kind of volume or intensity.” [....]
http://montrealgazette.com/new.....-to-canada

No numbers ... no explaining anything having to do with policy ... just the news that illegal immigrants to the USA are now coming into Canada in every-increasing numbers. Trust me, this isn't the route the doctors and lawyers take. This is the route of the most marginal. Coming for the benefits.
Toronto Centre

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for one who likes to laugh at fake news .....lets partake shall we?

Quote:
just the news that illegal immigrants to the USA ...

Yea...NOT illegal immigrants at all.

Says right there in the link I can only guess you never read. Go where it says "fleeing the United States because they fear their temporary resident status in..."

Temporary resident status. <-- say that slowly this time.

Quote:
Coming for the benefits.

Well duh...why would anyone move if it were not for the benefits ! The benefit of living in a large country relatively free from any form of strife they previously endured.

The benefit for their kids future.

The benefit of getting a job and providing for their own future and provide for their families.

Limited health care , because I am sure you would know by now they dont get full OHIP or equivalent in Quebec.

Just how bigotted are you ?
Bugs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amusing. Does TC really think that a spokesman for illegal immigration would tell the truth about their immigration status? Or a government official either. Truth is not their area of expertise.

If they had a temporary work permit, wouldn't that imply they didn't have much to fear?

Not only that, they would have no case to make for refugee status. They don't face a "well founded fear of prosecution" if they have their green card.

In any case, it is clear that the deportations are concentrating on illegals that are engaged in criminal enterprises. That's the start. There are estimated to be 30 million illegals in the USA, so it'll be awhile before they get far enough down the list to deport the legal (if temporary) workers who have gone through the legal system.

This is just our dopey media, creating another one of their silly narratives. TC is doing a victory lap because the poor old fool thinks he scored. He gets to call me a bigot!
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh...I see the problem now.

You Sir havent a clue what you are talking about.

You are confused on who was the spokesman (actually he didnt give status about anyone-those folks showed their cards)

You are confused in the difference of a green card vs temporary resident status .

No one said a thing about temporary work permit (its a work visa) well...except you in some loony attempt to make a point .

Bugs, seriously ...go and learn to read and comprehend.
Bugs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didja know that the legislative changes to the American immigration policy -- which are now being pilloried as 'racist' etc are modelled on Australia and Canada's point system?

It because it's impossible to talk about immigration without running into yahoos who characterization of any use of common sense as 'racist'. You'd be in that group, TC.

Just the same, there are work permits that allow non-immigrants to work. Notice the word NON-IMMIGRANTS -- those are people who are allowed to work for short period, up to a year, and which allows people to work while they wait for their green card. A green card is a promise of citizenship. An EAD has no such promise.

Does that change anything? My point is that if these workers were documented, then what's their problem? IF -- big 'if' -- they came in legally, and have their paperwork in order, why do they have to flee to Canada? Hmmmm? That's the question I left you with, and which you are ignoring. Do they really have a well-founded fear of persecution, or is it a well grounded fear that they are in the country illegally and will be deported if caught?
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
IF -- big 'if' -- they came in legally, and have their paperwork in order, why do they have to flee to Canada? Hmmmm? That's the question I left you with, and which you are ignoring. Do they really have a well-founded fear of persecution, or is it a well grounded fear that they are in the country illegally and will be deported if caught?

Lets recap.

You ask about fear of prosecution and being illegally in the US.

Your link...
Quote:
Haitians fleeing the United States because they fear their temporary resident status in that country will be revoked.

With that idiot in the White House , they are concerned he will make them all illegal or force them to leave. So they think...."hmm Canada".
But to reinforce...these folks are legally allowed to be where they are.
Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really try to find something to quibble about, or are you just that dense?

These people characterize themselves as legal temporary workers, like we hire in Canada. In other words, they know when they apply what they are applying for, and know they are obligated to leave on a certain date when they get their documentation.

What do they have to fear? That they'll go home enriched?

In other words, you have to be an illiterate moron to confuse these people with refugees. They have no well-founded fear of persecution. It isn't like they're Christians in Egypt. It's more like the kids from Povertyville on a visit to Toyland.

That is, IF their spokesman is telling the truth. Big 'íf'. More likely, they are illegals who have entered the US to exploit the Obama era immigration policy that has caused this backlash.

TC, you seem so determined to quibble with anything I write just so you can discharge the built-up hatred for diversity that seems to be essential to your nature. Your comments aren't serious. What's your real problem?
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
Do you really try to find something to quibble about, or are you just that dense?

Not at all.

The dense part of this is the OP who, at first claims they are 'illegal immigrants ', gets corrected and still stays on with falsehoods.
Quote:

These people characterize themselves as legal temporary workers,

Glad you have that figured out now.

Quote:
and know they are obligated to leave on a certain date when they get their documentation.

What do they have to fear? That they'll go home enriched?

They fear the door being shut on them at any minute by the whacky they call Trump.
Quote:

In other words, you have to be an illiterate moron to confuse these people with refugees.

Oh my...at first they were illegals according to you. Careful about that moron thing since you kind of own it from the first post.

Quote:
More likely, they are illegals who have entered the US to exploit the Obama era immigration policy that has caused this backlash.

D'oh.....ya slipped up again calling them illegals.

Stay w me now....Temp resident status.....not illegals. Sheeesh....
Quote:

TC, you seem so determined to quibble with anything I write just so you can discharge the built-up hatred for diversity that seems to be essential to your nature.

Because I back immigration/refugee initiatives here in Canada it is done because I have a built up hatred for diversity.

Sure is something wrong with that thought process.

Dont worry tho, I wont call you an illiterate moron since I know you can read and write. As for comprehension and keeping on track....well the words answer that themselves.
Quote:

Your comments aren't serious. What's your real problem?

I like to mock right wing nutbars who cannot string a sentence together to save their life.
I dislike people making up their own facts about things. Its wonderful that folks have differing opinions based on facts but way too much of your posts are full of mis truths and bold faced lies.

I get it, small town and all that. It shines through.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the real moron is the one who postulates that the 'spokesperson' for the immigrant group would never lie.

It's far more rational that these people are looking down the road, and don't want to go back to Haiti, so they pretend to be refugees. They aren't refugees, no matter what. Being compelled to comply with the terms of one's visa isn't a'well-founded fear of persecution. Being a Christian in Egypt is.

That covers the minority that actually have temporary work permits. The others would be illegals. There's no reason for Canada to accept these people. Do we need more recipients of the welfare state?

Thank you for getting to the real problem between us. (For the record, nobody has ever before accused me of not being able to string a sentence together. More likely they'd wish I'd shut up.)

One thing I notice is that much of your screeds rest on 'taste'-- if you can call a bedrock of rage or moral revulsion 'good taste', though I would think of it more in terms of bad manners. The thought of an A-G that was treated by the law like anyone else, for instance, is morally repulsive to you. Stopping illegals at the border is morally repulsive. Jeez, even balancing the budget is immoral in your book.

But it's just taste. It's like dismissing Donald Trump as an idiot because of his hair style. I characterize that as 'North Toronto thinking'. In other words, its a pose more than a considered position.
'
The trouble with unexamined moral positions is that they are merely personal feelings, in the end. You use those feelings to manipulate others, as if you are leading Canadians to a more emotionally pleasing conclusion. This saves you from doing something akin to a 'cost-benefit analysis' -- which means weighing the practical considerations never come into your thinking. You are too busy virtue-signalling.

But it's meaningless blather when it comes down to the practical considerations. Or making policy. Just so you know.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest report on these illegal entries ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1XpJ73v7QU

She claims that hundreds of illegals are running one border crossing point, so nobody really knows the scale of this, on a national scale.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
I think the real moron is the one who postulates that the 'spokesperson' for the immigrant group would never lie.

Did someone postulate that?

Or ...did someone make up that position much like they have done before?
Quote:

That covers the minority that actually have temporary work permits. The others would be illegals.

Could you show us where that is stated? Thanks up front.
Quote:
There's no reason for Canada to accept these people. Do we need more recipients of the welfare state?
Yes and No.

Quote:

One thing I notice is that much of your screeds rest on 'taste'-- if you can call a bedrock of rage or moral revulsion 'good taste', though I would think of it more in terms of bad manners. The thought of an A-G that was treated by the law like anyone else, for instance, is morally repulsive to you. Stopping illegals at the border is morally repulsive. Jeez, even balancing the budget is immoral in your book.

Lovely, more of your whacky brain farts without a shred of evidence to back it up.

Keep on keeping on.
Quote:

But it's just taste. It's like dismissing Donald Trump as an idiot because of his hair style. I characterize that as 'North Toronto thinking'. In other words, its a pose more than a considered position.

LOL !
Anyone who dismisses Drumpf as an idiot solely due to hair colour would be the idiot. But thankfully that moron gives us so much to consider that we know he is an idiot.
'
Quote:

The trouble with unexamined moral positions is that they are merely personal feelings, in the end. You use those feelings to manipulate others, as if you are leading Canadians to a more emotionally pleasing conclusion. This saves you from doing something akin to a 'cost-benefit analysis' -- which means weighing the practical considerations never come into your thinking. You are too busy virtue-signalling.

But it's meaningless blather when it comes down to the practical considerations. Or making policy. Just so you know.
I havent a clue what you are trying to say here, but ya know...personal shots (that miss wildly frankly)

Keep on w the Rebel. I read your posts and think ya....you're one of those that throws his hat in the ring with Ezra . A very low hanging fruitcake if there ever was one.

Has he won in court yet?
LOL. Too funny.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Latest: Canada sends soldiers to migrant border crossing
The Associated Press
AUGUST 09, 2017 1:51 PM

SAINT-BERNARD-DE-LACOLLE, QUEBEC
The Latest on the increasing flow of migrants over the U.S.-Canadian border at a remote spot in northern New York and southern Quebec (all times local):

1:40 p.m.

Canada has sent about 100 soldiers to a remote spot on the Quebec-New York border where asylum seekers are crossing illegally.

The Canadian military said in a statement Wednesday that the soldiers will help the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Canada Border Services Agency at the site.

They are preparing a place for tents that can hold almost 500 people. They will also install lighting and heating equipment.

The military says the soldiers won't play a role in security and won't be helping with law enforcement.

The military says that once the site is completed, only a few will soldiers will stay behind. The rest will go back to their home base.

The migrants fear the U.S. is becoming less welcoming and have decided to try their luck seeking asylum in Canada. Officials estimate that 400 people crossed the border at the site on Sunday alone.
http://www.miamiherald.com/new.....61812.html

Obviously, TC isn't capable of rational discussion. Sneering derision is more his thing. It's probably because he has nothing relevant to say.

This is the point: If hundreds of people a day are crossing into Quebec, and another few hundred are crossing at any of various points in the rest of Canada, we could be taking more illegals than legal immigrants -- in which case, why even run an immigration department?

In normal years we take in around 250,000 to 300,000 'permanent residents' a year. If 500 illegals are coming in a day, in a year it'd amount to 180,000!

Nobody is saying that these illegals will continue to come in at a 500/day rate, but that is only an estimate for one border crossing point in Quebec. It could be much higher if there are other points where they are crossing. And it appears that the numbers are growing dramatically. The last time I saw an estimate of the numbers crossing, it was a trickle -- 30 to 50 a day at that one crossing point. Now its 500, a ten-fold increase.

There are estimated to be between 12 million and 30 million illegals in the USA.

It seems to me that this effort must be organized. How else could busloads of people show up at this one, off-the-beaten-path crossing? They come from far away with the intent to bust into Canada. So there is as much reason to believe the numbers will grow as there is to expect them to diminish.

Do you want to take that risk?

Jump to: