Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pissedoff

votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Trump IS pulling out of Paris climate accord Reply with quote

White House saying it is 'a BAD deal for Americans'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new.....l#comments
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We don't want other leaders and other countries laughing at us anymore

They weren't....until you got elected and proudly displayed your stupidity and ignorance not to mention your narcissistic habits.

Biggest crowds ever for inauguration....yuge ..really yuge

Cant wait for the flat earth news from Trump . Personally I think it is round
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose our favourite bete noire is predicting a fall in Trump's approvals as a result?

These deals make no sense. The fastest growing areas of CO2 emissions (China and India) aren't affected for a decade or more. It isn't binding, so why have it? This is apart from the fact that the Global Warming thesis isn't supported by evidence. And that the world hasn't been warming for 20 years now.

There's reason to be concerned about the environment. I once had the opportunity of seeing Toronto from 8 miles out in Lake Ontario, while fishing for salmon. We caught a few of them, too. A horrible growth was coming out of one fish's head, I remember, as the crew told us not to even think about eating them. All three of these majestic fish looked deformed in some way.

It put a damper on the day.

As we chugged to shore, I couldn't help but notice a brown cloud hanging over the waterfront traffic system. Out to Hamilton, a brown cloud of smog hung over the highway. That can't be good.

So why I am pleased to see this go down? It's because these people who bleat for 'the environment' rarely do anything that solves a pollution problem! Oh, sure, the Rotarians might organize a clean-up of some creek waterway, the will is there. Why isn't the province concerned about the air hanging over the highway system? Particularly since they are spending resources busting parents who smoke in their cars with children! Where the proportionality? Or the sense?

You know why not -- it's because they spent most of their budget on 'climate change', on retrofitting solar power into some government building or other. Or something like that. Put differently, Environmentalism steals money from Conservationists, people involved in local environmental priorities that people can see, and instead, dedicates it to the UN big-hype, fixing a problem nobody even knows exists ... and suddenly, everything costs more.
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really at all surprised by this decision , trump had never been a part of the paris climate talks and never really big on this issue .

the media hysteria on his decision is also not surprising
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a campaign promise was it not?
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like building the wall?

Yes.

"To the coal miners, no jobs will come back but thanks for your gullibility in all this."
Bugs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coal will be revived. There is just too much energy tied up in coal for it not to be used. The technology is already being worked on. Bet you didn't see fracking coming either, did you, TC?

At some point, even the dimmest will come to see that any agreement that doesn't bind the big three polluters -- China, India, and the USA -- to definite, compulsory goals, isn't likely to work. And how is any organization going to enforce anything on any of those powerful nations? They aren't likely going to give up any sovereignty to make the air cleaner.

When even the dimmest understand, we'll wake you up and explain it to you.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
Like building the wall?

Yes.

I won't comment on the wall because he is six months into a four year term;
One of those things to revisit in 2020.

My point was simply at the sheer surprise at his announcement about Paris seemed to bring about, we all saw this coming no?
Bugs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know the details of the deal? All our crack journalists glide over that ... but as I learn more and more, it gets worse and worse.

For example, the mean to set up a fund of $100 billion a year to 'recompense' chiefly India and China -- but other 3rd world countries as well -- for taking on the obligations of the treaty. In India and China's case, they aren't going to do anything to curb CO2 until 2030! Each country defines its own obligation. Obama had pledged the US to a 26% decline by that time!

In fact, the Europeans have set Europe wide standards that leave it not having to make that much of an adjustment. They will contribute to the $100 billion a year fund, but the idea was that the lion's share would be carried by the USA. Canada and western Europe, and perhaps Japan, would provide that money!

For what? Borrow money, so the UN can funnel money to African dictators and China and India? To stop less than a 1 degree change per century increase in global temperatures?

Harper pledged that we would match what the US decides to do. I wonder what Trudeau has volunteered us for?
Bugs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
First New Coal Mine of Trump Era Opens in Pennsylvania
Jun 10, 2017 // 1:09pm
As seen on America's News HQ

President Trump lauded the opening of the nation's first new coal mine in recent memory.

Corsa Coal Company will operate the mine in Somerset County, Pa. - outside of Pittsburgh.

Corsa CEO George Dethlefsen said the mine will be a boon to the struggling local economy.

He praised Trump's easing of regulations and encouragement for fossil fuel exploration.

Dethlefsen told Leland Vittert that for the 70 positions available in the mine, 400 people applied.

"It's a hard day's work every day, but it's worth it," one miner said.

Vittert said the news contrasts with Hillary Clinton's message that she would "put a lot of coal miners out of work."

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf (D), who endorsed Clinton, joined the mine company in watching a video message from Trump commemorating the occasion.
http://insider.foxnews.com/201.....egulations

Jump to: