Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
Bugs wrote:
Do you have any idea of what the charge will be?

What charges are you talking about?

Says right up there ^ I don't think he will be impeached.

But he is winning.....at failing. So ya know....he has that going for him.

Should be fun to watch him on his first visit overseas. Won't take long before he has some dumb statement/gaffe of epic porportions

You make a good point. Normally, an investigation wouldn't get to a 'special prosecutor' level without some specific allegations and a pile of evidence that points to a smoking mess. But this case is different. Bear in mind the scale of these operations. The FBI has over 100 agents on the Russian connection. The danger is that it's a fishing expedition, looking for criminal charges to lay to further a political agenda.

The US has very ... ahem, I said VERY strict laws around security. You can't obey those laws and do very much of value to a sworn enemy, it seems to me. In the actual case Flynn has some faint connection to a foreign power, but it isn't Russia. Flynn contracted with a Turkish businessman to build a criminal case against the major opponent of Turkey's PM. We are not stupid, we assume the private businessman is a channel to the top in Turkey. But he's still a private businessman, legally. Flynn's company charged $600,000. But the whole point of this arrangement is that, legally, Flynn is working for a private citizen. Maybe Flynn wants it that way, but Turkey almost for sure wants it that way. They have already tried to extradite the guy. How is Flynn to know that, legally, he might be serving a foreign government in a way that is detrimental to the USA?

Beyond that, nobody is accusing him of any kind of betrayal. It's that he wasn't very astute in dealing with the masses of regulation his small business faced. His mistake is that he didn't register as working for a foreign government.

You see what I mean ... grey area. And then he lied about it. But the law is so strict that he's in deep shit at the moment. So if there's any real action that is dubious, or fits a pattern, bingo, there'll be criminal charges.

General Fynn's case is the one bit of wrong-doing that the FBI has in hand. Flynn is a symbolic target that furthers an important narrative -- otherwise, it's a minor transgression. In any case, Trump fired him long ago, before he was actually settled in office.

It isn't that Flynn actually harmed the security of the USA. So the special investigator is running a fishing expedition, to check the enforcement of such a stern body of law. In military terms, it is akin to a raid on your home base.

Why would anyone good take the chance of joining the Trump team under these conditions?

Another little irony: It may turn out that Flynn goes to jail for his violation, while Hillary skates ... for her private server ... and the Clinton Foundation ... and all of it.
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
Quote:
Objectively, Donald Trump’s presidency is flailing. Regardless of what you feel about his core politics and policy, the Trump administration is caught in a cycle of scandals of its own creation. Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, with the possible intent of quashing an FBI probe into his campaign. He gave away intelligence secrets to the Russians, potentially endangering a foreign agent embedded with ISIS. (And wait ... there’s more!)

The start of the Trump administration has been riddled with more scandals than any presidency of recent memory. And yet Trump still enjoys high support among his base: 85 percent of Trump voters approve of the job he’s doing, a recent Morning Consult poll found.

RELATED

7 psychological concepts that explain the Trump era of politics

If you’re looking for an explanation for why Trump’s support is so solid among his base — and why it will remain so stubbornly high — read this piece by the Associated Press, where the reporters asked Trump supporters how they’re handling the wave of scandals.

This one is particularly telling ...
Quote:
“I tuned it out,” Michele Velardi, a 44-year-old in Staten Island, told the AP of the recent news. “I didn’t want to be depressed. I don’t want to feel that he’s not doing what he said, so I just choose to not listen.”

This line is extremely revealing. It shows a psychological tendency we’re all susceptible to. That tendency is called “motivated ignorance,” and it’s an extremely powerful force in American politics. It’s also one of the keys to understanding why political discourse can be so irrational.

Truth is, it goes both ways.

Left wingers/right wingers, those on the outer fringe are most like this. The rest of us , for the most part, dont appear to have the same issue with exceptions.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/5/18/15659394/trump-supporters-motivated-ignorance

In a normal presidency, having loosened trade limitations in China for beef, having reduced illegal immigration by 75% without a wall, having granted the Keystone an Dakota pipelines the permissions they needed, and having appointed Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, would be a credible first three months. And he's rumored to announce the reversal of Obama's foreign policy on the middle east. He's going with the Sunnis.

And he does have a bill on heathcare through the House.

What do you expect? He's systematically taking apart most of what Obama did, like he said he would. And nobody expected him to turn the economy around in a few months.

The Russian involvement is a wisp of nothingness. There's no substance to it. The chaos may be more real, I don't know. There certainly is a lack of certain political skills, such as putting the best spin on things. Trump is too much of a loner. It might be hard for him to trust associates. All these could be limitations, but it isn't that he isn't getting things done.
teabag

votes: 6

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that Trump is a hardworking task oriented President. The media is doing it's best to destroy him. That is the simple truth. CNN is one of the worst. They are still flailing about the loss of the election and like children that don't get their way they are throwing tantrums. Let the man do his job and help to make your country a better place to live. Pray that President Tump is successful because than the USA will see success. I am so sick of the bunch on the left even Clinton could not even give a commencement speech without lashing out politically. This Russian thing is the biggest conspiracy theory out there. I wish they all would just put their tin hats away and do their jobs.

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: