Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pissedoff

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Justin Justin show us your tits. Reply with quote

Your tax dollars at work, along with all the liberal garbage excuses.

Feds spent almost $2,000 on 'vanity project' cut-outs of Trudeau

BY ANTHONY FUREY, POSTMEDIA NETWORK

http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/.....in-trudeau
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! $2000 !

Shouldnt have been done. Much like the Bev Oda hassle, this too is much ado about nothing.

Add this to the largesse of PM's that are quite popular.

Certainly less than say....the photo op w a fighter jet , that cost 25 times as much...or the rebranding that cost over 40 times as much....or the ...?
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where were you when the Bev Oda issue flared up?

You don't seem to understand. This isn't just mean-girl stuff for us, as it is for you. It's revealing of the character of the man who OKs the expenditure, but we knew that already. It is also telling about the nature of Liberals' support, and what they plan to do to keep that support.

But, beyond that, for Conservatives, it's a wonderful chance to discuss in wonderment how the country could have allowed such a shallow twirp to become our Prime Minister.

Add to that the large gestures of inviting Ivanka to a Canadian musical ... (I can hardly type that without wincing.) and, fool with our money that he is, he ends up giving tickets away to the Canadian diaspora in New York City.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the character of the last PM is horrible is it?

I see you only reference Oda , ignoring the other far more costly....by as much as 25 or 40 times...in order to attempt to make some point?

Harper ok'd spending $48,000 for a f***ing photo op of a mock up of the fighter jet. Did you wince and scream then? Probably not.

But woah...spend $2000 and the shit has just hit the fan.

How did that never work in private business fat non descript Torontonian** who shatter mirrors when he looks at them become PM ? And his wife....what a butch lesbian way about her!

**Alberta was a clutch to fool all the westerners who couldnt read.

NB; So....this is what BT is huh? I was hoping the level of discourse would refrain from personal comments , and this reply is only to show how ridiculous it is to sink so low.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you actually think this is an example of the shit hitting the fan?

I think the rich part is that they spent money on cardboard cut-outs of the PM. It's the symbolism. They got the depth right. More seriously, it's the way he promotes himself as a star rather than bothering to accumulate any of the symbols of statesmanship or gravitas. He's too post-modern to have faith in anything.

But the worst part of it is -- he has no guile. He's just cheap.

Surely you have to admit that I'm right?
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
Do you actually think this is an example of the shit hitting the fan?

Not at all.

More like petty BS.
Quote:

I think the rich part is that they spent money on cardboard cut-outs of the PM. It's the symbolism. They got the depth right.

You do know there exists the exact same for Harper but that they didnt sell well at all. Probably do to the world not feeling any sexiness from him....but the other guy they do.

Its marketing. Geez. And cheap at that. The govt has issued a stop using them order so all is good.
Quote:

More seriously, it's the way he promotes himself as a star rather than bothering to accumulate any of the symbols of statesmanship or gravitas. He's too post-modern to have faith in anything.

For one, Trudeau didnt come up with the idea. Number two, he didnt promote these things.

And gravitas he can follow Trump for advice?

Quote:

Surely you have to admit that I'm right?
Now why would I when I feel you have all of this backwards?
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was an unbelievably stupid judgement call by whomever at Global Affairs Canada.

However, the money associated with it will likely be eclipsed ten fold by the time wasted in Parliament discussing this non-sense.

Whomever signed off on this at Global Affairs Canada should be reprimanded and then we can be done with it.
RCO

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
This was an unbelievably stupid judgement call by whomever at Global Affairs Canada.

However, the money associated with it will likely be eclipsed ten fold by the time wasted in Parliament discussing this non-sense.

Whomever signed off on this at Global Affairs Canada should be reprimanded and then we can be done with it.

there was also a story about how they spent a crazy amount of money on snapchat filters , I've never used snapchat or was aware you had to pay for the extra's

I found that story to be a little weird as well , the things there spending our tax dollars on , really is getting to be a bit silly
Bugs

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thirty uses for Justin Trudeau’s cardboard cut-out
BY LORRIE GOLDSTEIN, TORONTO SUN
FIRST POSTED: WEDNESDAY, MAY 10, 2017 05:54 PM EDT | UPDATED: WEDNESDAY, MAY 10, 2017 06:07 PM EDT

So, as it turns out, there are Canadian values!

We know this because Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland has now explained that the Liberals spent $1,877.24 of our money on 14 life-size cardboard cuts-out of Justin Trudeau for use in Canadian diplomatic missions around the world, “to champion the values that Canadians hold dear”.

These, of course, would be the Canadian values the Liberals and many Conservative leadership contenders insist it would be racist to interview would-be immigrants to our country about, to find out if they share them.
[....]

While, as Ontario Conservative MP John Brassard rightly asked in Parliament: “What does a two-dimensional cardboard picture of the prime minister have to do with any Canadian value?”, (unless the Liberals think Canadians are two-dimensional) I believe it’s time to move beyond political partisanship on this issue and help out the Trudeau government

After all, since the Trudeau cardboard cut-outs have now been recalled, the Liberals are stuck with 14 of the darn things with no apparent use for them.

Therefore I propose we help the Trudeau government by suggesting alternate uses for these 14 Trudeau cardboard cut-outs.

Here are my ideas. Feel free to add your own:

1. Carbon tax collector

2. Scaring pigeons off apartment balcony railings

3. Legalized pot test subject

4. Bonfire starter for Earth Hour

5. Stand-in for Trudeau when he wants a selfie with himself

6. Stand-in for Trudeau during Question Period

7. Stand-in for Trudeau when asked about Harjit Sajjan

8. Stand-in for Trudeau when asked about “modest deficits”

9. Stand-in for Trudeau when asked how budgets balance themselves

10. Stand-in for Trudeau when asked about growing economy from heart outwards

11. Stand-in for Trudeau when asked about promised small business tax cut

12. Stand-in for Trudeau when asked about revenue neutral middle class tax cut

13. Stand-in for Trudeau when asked about electoral reform

14. Stand-in for Trudeau when asked about veterans’ pensions

15. Seat holder at music concert

16. Seat holder at Juno awards

17. Seat holder on Aga Khan’s helicopter

18. Seat holder at Broadway openings

19. Seat holder when meeting with Chinese billionaires to defend Canada’s middle class

20. Scarecrow

21. Clothing mannequin

22. Passenger when driving in High Occupancy Vehicle lanes

23. Crash test dummy

24. Dart board

25. Thoughtful Christmas gift for Barack Obama

26. Thoughtful Hanukkah gift for Ivanka Trump

27. Stunt double

28. Border guard at unmanned crossings in Quebec

29. Border guard at unmanned crossings in Manitoba

30. Re-enforcements for Canadian military
http://www.torontosun.com/2017.....d-cut-outs