Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( another candidate has targeted the CBC , scheer doesn't think the government should be doing the news )

Scheer says he would axe CBC news division

Conservative leadership candidate says government has ‘glaring’ conflict in operating CBC

Janice Dickson

Friday, December 9th, 2016

Conservative leadership candidate Andrew Scheer suggested that if he were to become prime minister, he would axe the news division of CBC.

“I think taxpayers are very frustrated by how much the CBC costs,” Scheer said in an interview with Hamilton Community News.

“I don’t know why this government is in the news business in this day and age with so many platforms with so many ways to disseminate information,” he told the paper, adding that, the government has a “glaring” conflict operating the CBC.

Scheer was in Hamilton last night, and according to the community newspaper, he spoke to about 35 members of the Macdonald-Cartier Club at Carmen’s C Hotel. In his speech, Scheer took a swipe at rival candidate Kellie Leitch.

He called her idea to screen newcomers for “anti-Canadian values” an attempt at politics.

“It’s not authentic,” he told the audience. “Canadian values? I’ve never heard her articulate what those Canadian values are.”

Scheer is the latest candidate to reveal his distaste for the public broadcaster — a favourite theme of the Conservative base.

Leitch said that she would scrap the “bloated” CBC, but keep some of its emergency services. Leadership candidate Brad Trost wants to privatize the CBC and Maxime Bernier would kick the CBC out of the ad market.

Conservative leadership candidate Michael Chong is perhaps the only candidate to sing the broadcaster’s praises.

Chong said in an earlier statement to iPolitics that threats to dismantle the CBC are “another distraction from what we need to be focused on in this campaign and in 2019.” He said the CBC plays a “vital role in the unity of our country.”

http://ipolitics.ca/2016/12/09.....-division/
Progressive Tory

votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think local news should be their focus.
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progressive Tory wrote:
I actually think local news should be their focus.

I'm somewhat confused by Scheer's position as well , I have a lot of issues with the CBC but I don't know if most people are upset with there local or national news coverage , I agree there regional news coverage is one of there strong points

what more people have an issue with is the game shows , the pointless TV shows they spend millions of our tax dollars to produce and then no one even watches them , there has been lots of tv shows on the cbc over the years that no one even remembers and that got millions of tax dollars to produce

I have noticed the CBC in Saskatchewan from the articles I've seen seemed to have somewhat or an ndp viewpoint and perhaps that is why Scheer was upset with there news coverage , I know when I was reading articles about the sask election this spring a lot from the CBC were a bit ndp friendly
Progressive Tory

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never noticed any kind of partisan leanings with our local CBC news in Newfoundland and Labrador.

As I've previously said, the CBC has the strongest local news coverage in this province. Better representation from across all regions of the province. Newfoundland and Labrador is big geographically with a small spread out population so it's not cheap to try and get local coverage.

Even for national news the CBC is the only outlet with a reporter in this province, plus they also use the local reporters.
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progressive Tory wrote:
I've never noticed any kind of partisan leanings with our local CBC news in Newfoundland and Labrador.

As I've previously said, the CBC has the strongest local news coverage in this province. Better representation from across all regions of the province. Newfoundland and Labrador is big geographically with a small spread out population so it's not cheap to try and get local coverage.

Even for national news the CBC is the only outlet with a reporter in this province, plus they also use the local reporters.

I was also surprised CBC news world had the cpc debate on this week , I believe they were the only national channel to do so in full , although cpac might of had it on as well I never checked if it did

if they hadn't aired it , a lot less people would of seen that debate , so the CBC still has its moments of usefulness

I personally think the CBC is getting too big and trying to do too much , everything from news , sports , internet and making its own original shows . it needs to go on a " diet " and become more focused
RCO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was just watching tv , the weather channel to be exact and an ad was on for a TV show on CBC called "kim's convenience " not sure what its about but appears to be focused on an owner of a convenience store .

honestly what are the ratings for such a TV show ? they can't be very high , what is the benefit to Canadians to have thousands of our tax dollars spent to produce such a show ? which I have never watched and other than seeing the odd ad on tv have never even heard of

I really think the CBC has way too much money and is spending out of control on things that aren't important , it needs a smaller focus on things more important to average Canadians , everyone else in the media is suffering and becoming more focused on core priorities
RCO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out what the show is about , reading the episode plots ,I have a really hard time justifying why this is a good use of tax dollars ? or explaining why this show would be necessary content on the CBC .

Episodes[edit]

Originally set to premiere on October 4, 2016 on CBC, the series premiere was delayed to October 11, 2016 with back-to-back episodes, so it would not conflict with the Toronto Blue Jays' American League Wild Card Game.[6] The first season will consist of 13 half-hour episodes.[7]

"Gay Discount" Peter Wellington Ins Choi & Kevin White October 11, 2016
In the series premiere, after being accused of homophobia, Appa decides to offer a store discount to gay customers during Toronto Pride Week. Meanwhile, Umma tries to find a "cool Christian Korean boyfriend" for Janet.

"Janet's Photos" Peter Wellington Ins Choi & Kevin White October 11, 2016
When Janet's photos start getting attention from admirers, Appa tries to prove he's a better photographer. Meanwhile, Jung decides to apply for a promotion at the car rental agency, to the dismay of Kimchee and Umma, though for different reasons.

"Ddongjeem & Umma's Picture" Peter Wellington Garry Campbell October 18, 2016
Jung draws the wrong kind of attention from his boss when he gives Kimchee a Korean wedgie at work. Mr. Kim commissions Janet's friend, Gerald, to take his photo instead of asking Janet.[8]

"Frank and Nayoung" Dawn Wilkinson Ins Choi & Kevin White October 25, 2016
Mr. Kim is frustrated with Frank (Derek McGrath), a repairman who talks too much, while Janet's cousin Nayoung (Soo-Ram Kim) visits from Korea, challenging Janet's sense of what it means to be 'Korean.' Jung and Shannon get tickets to a Toronto Raptors game, but Jung starts to wonder if Shannon thinks it's a date.

"Wingman" James Genn Garry Campbell November 1, 2016
Mr. Chin asks Mr. Kim to be his wingman on a date, which is fine until Mrs. Kim tags along. Janet asks Jung to help her fix a dripping pipe at the store, but the repair is interrupted by an intruder. A police officer (Michael Xavier) helps Jung resolve a misunderstanding and Jung recognizes him as his childhood friend Alex, who becomes reacquainted with Janet.

"Rude Kid"[9] James Genn Sonja Bennett November 15, 2016
Mr. Kim scolds Janet's professor's 5 year-old kid, when he misbehaves in the store, with unexpected consequences for Janet; Jung discovers Kimchee is making extra money by moonlighting for a carsharing company, illicitly using Handy Car Rental cars, and has to decide whether to let Terence get fired when Shannon wrongly suspects him as the culprit.[9]

"Hapkido"[10] Dawn Wilkinson Ins Choi November 22, 2016
Janet takes a Hapkido class but Mr. Kim thinks he knows more than her teacher (Tommy Chang). Jung runs into Grace Lee (Eileen Li), an old flame; they both discover that their meeting was not accidental but part of a plan by their mothers to get them back together.[10]

"Service"[11] James Genn Rebecca Kohler November 29, 2016
Mr. and Mrs. Kim's relationship is tested when Mr. Kim offers the attractive new female pastor (Amanda Brugel) some free items from the store. Janet dates Jung's friend, Alex, and Jung pretends to be cool with it.[11]

"Best Before"[12] James Genn teleplay by Anita Kapila;
story by Kevin White and Ins Choi December 6, 2016
Mr. Kim tries to prove that "best before" dates mean nothing when Janet objects to his selling expired ravioli; Mrs. Kim's serving up her homemade galbijjim at the church bazaar when a surprise visit by Jung forces her to admit that she's embarrassed by his troubled past.[12]

"Janet's New Job"[13] TBA TBA December 13, 2016
Janet is sick of working for free and looks for a new job, finding one at Handy Car Rental; Appa hires Gerald to work in the store.[13]

"Handyman"[14] TBA TBA December 20, 2016
Mr. Kim fixes a broken toilet for Kimchee; Jung hides out with Shannon; when Edwin drops by, Janet believes there's more to his relationship with Mrs. Kim.[14]

"Appa's Lump"[15] TBA TBA December 27, 2016
Mr. Kim finds a lump on his back; Shannon brings Jung to a work event.

"Family Singing Contest"[16] TBA TBA December 27, 2016
Before Janet can reveal her big news, she must survive the family singing festival at church; Mr. Kim gets attention for his new SUV.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim's_Convenience_(TV_series)
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the jobs that CBC is supposed to do is nurture Canadian talent, particularly in the Arts. But drama, under the unionized, bureaucratized and politicised auspices is expensive. Their collaborators make some very nice money.

When CBC-TV started, we heard more British accents than enough. Inside the CBC, Canadian culture was denigrated as a matter of hockey and fiddle music. They hated Don Messer and loved the ballet. The trouble is ... we prefer the fiddle music, figuratively speaking.

The news coverage is largely bogus. The covered the recent American election by reading the New York Times and the Washington Post, and watching the American networks. I knew more about it than they did. Why? Because I follow alternative media.

The CBC covered the election as if Wikileaks had never happened. They ignored Trump's ability to draw large crowds, crowds many times the size of Hillary's contrived little gatherings, or that Hillary was under multiple investigations by the FBI, They were genuinely shocked when the voting did not fall in line with their predictions. (Full disclosure: I thought Trump would lose, but narrowly. And in this I allowed myself to be swayed by the reported poll results.)

They refuse, as policy, to mention race when folks start shooting at each other out in Scarboro because -- well, it's not good for the public to know about that. (They might come to the wrong conclusions.) Amusingly enough, they will bring the race of some criminals to light but only when the thug is white!

That's what Little Mosque on the Prairie was about -- teaching us to be tolerant so we can better accommodate intolerant Moslem refugees!

That's what they do -- they prevent us from coming to the wrong conclusion, From their point of view, of course, which is always right.

Just imagine the entertainment that the budget for Little Mosque ... could have produced if it had been put up for a prize, and encouraged amateur comic groups from Newfoundland to BC to compete. (I wonder if they have a sense of humour in BC?)

So they don't encourage the Arts, they use them as propaganda. It works, too.

But, with Canadian news -- how well have they informed the public about the changes the Liberals are perpetrating on the public in changing the way our votes are counted?

Is there any place on the CBC where there's been a discussion about this as informative as what's been written on this sad little website? You tell me.

This is what happens when you are looking for talent, providing its female and/or has a brown skin. Which is what they do. Face it.

Denzil Washington said it well, referring to American journalism, which once had standards: "If you don't read the newspapers, you are not informed. If you do read them, you are misinformed." Of course, TV is worse than that.
Progressive Tory

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:
Progressive Tory wrote:

I was also surprised CBC news world had the cpc debate on this week , I believe they were the only national channel to do so in full , although cpac might of had it on as well I never checked if it did

if they hadn't aired it , a lot less people would of seen that debate , so the CBC still has its moments of usefulness

I personally think the CBC is getting too big and trying to do too much , everything from news , sports , internet and making its own original shows . it needs to go on a " diet " and become more focused

I agree they're doing things they don't need to be. Covering news isn't one of them.

Most people would never happen to turn on CPAC so I imagine there's a lot of people who probably saw the CPC debate because it was aired on CBC.

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: