Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Toronto Star Sinks to new low. Reply with quote

Article today about Christian Right fascists is a slap in the face to every person who lived through the horrors of Nazi Germany. The article calls the religious right in the States Fascist and says that Christians care nothing for the poorand hate their enemies.
Chris Hedges writes:
Quote:
America's religious right, he argues, is a mass movement with many common elements of classic fascism: rampant nationalism, militarism, contempt for the poor, rejection of liberal values, disdain for intellectual truth, and a licence to hate, if not kill, those who oppose its views. And this against a backdrop of pervasive corporate power

Then they call Harper a fascist.
Quote:
Since the election of Prime Minister Stephen Harper's Conservative government, Hedges says, there are unsettling signs that our own liberal democratic values are under threat. "Look at the policies he espouses. He wants to beef up the military. There's hostility to social welfare and health care benefits. There's tolerance for pseudo-science myth in the form of creationism and the literal word of God.

In other words" How dare anyone who is religous take part in Democracy while actually believing in God" And if are Right of Centre you are obviously a Fascists.

This is the vililest piece of trash I have ever read. I never understood why the Star hated Harper. Now I do. He is a Christian. And he is Right of centre. Which makes him a Religious right fascist.

I bought their newspaper because of Chantal Hebert, Gord Stimmel's wine articles and because they are the cheapest to get by subsciption. Tommorrow I cancel.
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its funny because its all relative, esp when you compare Canada and America. I mean our Conservatives are 'left' of the American Republican-Democrat. Comparisons can be made with anything and fascism (as opposed to Fascism) is one of those things that can not really be defined. Anyone who thinks Harper is fascist should have their head examined. Our system in Canada is in practise far less fascist than the American system.
cerl7011

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree...Canadian Conservatism and Liberalism are very different from American style Conservatism and Liberalism. Here, everything is more centerist, while in America it is more...hmm, whats the right word...polarized?...It's hard to find a middle ground in the states...the only person I've seen exhibit sudo-Canadian political traits is Rudy Gulliani, who is, in pure theory, a centerist...he supports some left-wing and some-right wing policies, much like many Canadians do...

It's totaly unfair to compair Amercian politics and Canadian politics because of their vastly differing stances on some things.

erl

http://mrerl.blogspot.com
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://thespiritofman.blogspot.....-star.html

thats what I wrote about toronto star
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

Jump to: