Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canuckstubby67

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: What happened to this forum? Reply with quote

This forum used to be alive with activity in the late 2000s but now seem dead.

Whatever happened? Are there any other Tory Canadian forums?
plantguy

votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened is that the Conservatives got a majority. With the other parties having little to no say in government, the only one to comment on would be the Conservatives. Being as people are loath to attack their own, there is very little to comment on domestically. I notice that most of the negative comments are directed to the south (Obama specifically) and very few comments are made about domestic politics.
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have put your finger on it, plantguy.

But it is a misplaced loyalty. The Conservative Party isn't very good at cheerleading.

And surely the other side(s) don't come here to steal our thinking. Keeping our kind of thinking OUT of politics is what they're are dedicated to.
bsenka

votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same questions are being asked on all manner of online forums all over the place. I belong to several of them that at one time used to be very active, but are now practically ghost towns. People just don't use dedicated online forums anymore. They either use the comment sections of news websites like CBC or National Post, or they stick to Facebook.

Facebook is a terrible forum interface, but it's really taken over -- it's where almost all of the online action is, even for specialized groups.
palomino_pony

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. At one point this forum turned into a "I am more Conservative than you" pissing contest. 2. If you were not deemed conservative enough, some people got down right rude, including the one of the mods.
3. People spammed the forum with cut and paste news paper articles.
4. It became an echo chamber. No interesting debate. Check out some of the posts on Warren Kinsella's website. Sure there is some name calling, but when he is not working in a war room and does not have any skin in the game, he calls it pretty fair and the comments are interesting.
5. Twitter.
6. Forums are dated. There needs to be an "app for that" now.

I was quite active on the BT forums for a while, but dropped out several years ago. I got busy with family and work stuff and did not have time to commit to frequent posting. I do come back once in a while to see what is going on.
chilipepper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree most of the action seems to be on F/B, twitter and comment sections.

I've always thought that the left is far more active on the comment sections then the right and reading those sections pretty much confirms it. Conservatives need to be more active, they need to be getting out there and rebutting some of the awful trash talk that I see in the comment sections. I don't mean just disagreeing with policy, but real Harper Derangement Syndrome IMO.. While he and the gov't are far from perfect, what gov't is?

Take a look at this G & M poll http://www.theglobeandmail.com.....e22696816/

It is too easily manipulated and has been by the left, there is no way that 90% want Mulcair for a leader. The poll allows multiple voting and obviously there are autobots doing this, but it speaks to the issue of conservatives not getting out and fighting back.

Maybe we need a private area to discuss policy that cannot be read by the opposition.
Progressive Tory

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe you can get new accounts on Blogging Tories anymore either.

Jump to: